McKenzie at Union City

WestTnFootball

Are you serious? The punter got the ball off then got nailed. It wasn't even close. And a couple of the holding calls I saw UC linebackers get tackled by o linemen.

Don't worry about it though. There will be a rematch, and it will probably be at UC again.

Well for all you UC fans who didnt think that mckenzie should have won or that bads calls were made which seemed to be intentional. check out this artical with photos that proves that one of the touchdowns called back was a horrible call and the flag was thrown after the touchdown was made! Probally only thrown because the touchdown was made on a 4 and nearly ten play. This game was very frustrating as a fan to watch. but anyways i done crying over spilt milk haha. Just wanted to prove a point. Check out the site after reading the artical and seeing the photos tell me if you disagree.

http://mckenzierebels.com/deck08mhs-ucgame.html

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't have thrown up the guilty hands when trying to set the screen.

I can remember in 2005 when the refs wouldn't call a holding penality for crap. UC D-ends had their jerseys pulled off their shoulder pads. When one was called at the end off the game the Union City fans cheered. The ref then turned around and grabbed his "insert body part here."

Or how about this year at the Westview game when UC had Westview punting out of their own endzone the and its a bad snap. The punter scrambles and finds an open man down field, along with the other nine players down field.

Single A officiating is horrible for the most part. But, I really don't know what could be done to help.

Well for all you UC fans who didnt think that mckenzie should have won or that bads calls were made which seemed to be intentional. check out this artical with photos that proves that one of the touchdowns called back was a horrible call and the flag was thrown after the touchdown was made! Probally only thrown because the touchdown was made on a 4 and nearly ten play. This game was very frustrating as a fan to watch. but anyways i done crying over spilt milk haha. Just wanted to prove a point. Check out the site after reading the artical and seeing the photos tell me if you disagree.

Those are nice pictures...The slide of pics are oddly void of the hold though...The kid was not called for holding because he threw his hands up....He was called for holding because he held the UC player and then he realized his player was going to score and he was going to get caught and he then threw his hands up...I was in the stands along with 100's of other UC fans screaming for a holding penalty because the kid was holding....

And by the way,taking Jim Steele's word on this from a McKenzie web-site is like taking MSNBC's word that Obama is a great guy with no relationships with shady people....Not exactly fair and balanced without bias...

Look the two non calls on the pass interference were bad...I've already acknowledged that...It doesn't make it right but we were robbed of a state championship in 1997 because of a bad call...It happens and it happens alot....

McKenzie better move on past this because Huntingdon won't take any pity on hurt feelings....McKenzie may very well meet Union City again and that one will count for real....

Those are nice pictures...The slide of pics are oddly void of the hold though...The kid was not called for holding because he threw his hands up....He was called for holding because he held the UC player and then he realized his player was going to score and he was going to get caught and he then threw his hands up...I was in the stands along with 100's of other UC fans screaming for a holding penalty because the kid was holding....

And by the way,taking Jim Steele's word on this from a McKenzie web-site is like taking MSNBC's word that Obama is a great guy with no relationships with shady people....Not exactly fair and balanced without bias...

Look the two non calls on the pass interference were bad...I've already acknowledged that...It doesn't make it right but we were robbed of a state championship in 1997 because of a bad call...It happens and it happens alot....

McKenzie better move on past this because Huntingdon won't take any pity on hurt feelings....McKenzie may very well meet Union City again and that one will count for real....

In the pictures it is clear that the ref was watching the play felt there was no holding until after the score. Because it is clear when he starts to reach for the flag. screening is not illegal on a running play haha there is no such thing as a moving screen in football. Next that play happened on fourth down with eight mins or so to go in the game. he held is hands up so it would be clear there was no holding if you had seen the whole game you would understand why. video highlights of this game will be posted soon on mckenziefootball.com and different highlights on mckenzierebels.com That play will be on the highlight reel and you can judge for yourself when the flag is thrown and if there was a hold. I agree that this game is over and the only thing that will be done is a possible repremand of the offical who missed the calls. Not that will mean anything because its not the nfl or college and he will be calling a game on friday. I can not wait for friday when mckenzie travels to huntingdon for a very tough football game.

In the pictures it is clear that the ref was watching the play felt there was no holding until after the score. Because it is clear when he starts to reach for the flag. screening is not illegal on a running play haha there is no such thing as a moving screen in football. Next that play happened on fourth down with eight mins or so to go in the game. he held is hands up so it would be clear there was no holding if you had seen the whole game you would understand why. video highlights of this game will be posted soon on mckenziefootball.com and different highlights on mckenzierebels.com That play will be on the highlight reel and you can judge for yourself when the flag is thrown and if there was a hold. I agree that this game is over and the only thing that will be done is a possible repremand of the offical who missed the calls. Not that will mean anything because its not the nfl or college and he will be calling a game on friday. I can not wait for friday when mckenzie travels to huntingdon for a very tough football game.

It is not clear in ANY of the pictures of where the ref's right hand was, (which is the hand that threw the flag).

All of these pictures were taken after the fact of when the holding actually took place.

It is also interesting to note that there is not an earlier image shown of when the actual holding was. I remember it like it was yesterday. The rebel player had his whole arm around the neck of the UC tackler. It was as obvious as anyone could see. I thought the runner was going to be stopped around the 4 yard line because of the fast approaching UC defender, then the McKenzie player wrapped his forearm completely around the neck of the UC player when he was beat.

With a photography background, one thing that I know for sure is the columnist is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with his photos. He tries to portray that this happened over an elapsed time of several seconds and that it was a late flag because McKenzie scored. The reality is, that with a modern digital camera he is and probably was shooting roughly 4-5 frames per second. With a Canon 10 and 20D you can shot upwards to 8-10 frames per second. To further prove this, look at every photo he submitted and notice the yardage that the runner ran. It is around 1.5 yards at best!! If there was a clear picture of the ref in EVERY photo, you would see him actually trying to get his flag out of his pocket. In these you simply cannot see his right hand at all which kills the writers point of view.

If he would show, or if he had a previous photo taken a half-second earlier then you would see the holding. More evident is the old saying "the guilty dog barks the loudest" in that the rebel player threw his hands up saying "no, not me"??

This whole deal of "should of" & "could-of" is borderline laughable.

Here's another what-if that was never mentioned:

What if Colton Speed did not slip and fall own his own at the 12 yard line when he had a wide open shot at the end zone?? Then the score would have been 28-0.

As P&G stated, i'll give you the pass interference call all day long. That was a missed one no doubt. But the holding calls were legit from my vantage point as I saw everyone of them.

Don't you think that it is ironic that a big gain was called back due to a holding penalty?? This is not a conspiracy against McKenzie /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , just the fact that the runner would have been tackled at the line of scrimmage if the holding wasn't going on in the first place. Make sense??

I wonder if Steele took a pic of the hold on #78 for UC when the Rebel offensive player tackled him on the same drive of the pass interference calls??...I still am trying to figure out why Comer didn't try for the FG on that drive they had 4th down that would have cut the score to 21-12...The Rebels would have cut it to 21-18 or 21-19 on the drive after they didn't get a first down and on that last drive all they would have had to do is kick either a game tying or game winning FG..Wonder if Steele asked Comer that??....

Not reaching for flag

touchdown not reaching for flag

touchdown and possibley reaching for flag. on flim there was no hold which will be proven by end of week because you can watch it soon.

now he is reaching for flag, for celebration ? no for a non holding pentalty. if the holding happened before that why was he running down field not reaching for flag until the play was clearly over. On film, it is even worse than what the pictures look like. There is no way you can say this is holding penalty. and when you see it on film you will agree. that comment about "wrapped his forearm completely around the neck of the UC player when he was beat. " is completely false. if he is reaching for flag ealier he has slowest hands in america. look at number 6 running into frame and the qb covered over 6 yards in the time it took him to throw the flag. He is clearly not reaching for the flag until the play is over.

Get over it! every friday brings on more excitement. Mckenzie could have won the game but the football gods said UC. Union city played hard and took the breaks they could get. McKenzie played hard and with much heart they will be fine and UC will be fine. Lick your wounds and go on!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You can have all the picture you want to and that is not and will not change the score of the game and win by UNion City.

I guess this is why the McKenzie football program has their "Own Website" to show the could'evs, would'evs.

Hope we play yall again and this time we will finish what we started early in the game....a Blow Out.

Sorry!!

dd..Those pics,again,don't prove anything...It doesn't show the play from it's start..I know you are not so naive to think refs throw flags immediately when a penalty is called and the flag is on the ground right then...How many times have you watched a game when a flag comes out of nowhere,especially on pass interference plays...It seems like it's 30 seconds after the play before you see a flag come into the TV picture....

I bet you also think there was third shooter two blocks down from the book depository and two cars past the grassy knoll too... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously,post those highlights if you get them...It's always good to have a replay... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />