CAK Vs. Wartburg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about this game?

If Wartburg plays @ CAK they will lose, its hard to win when you have to play against the players and the officals. just a suggestion to the Wartburg team make sure the players tape thier ankles and wear knee braces the wonderful players at CAK with thier christian upbringing will twist and bend whatever they can get thier hands on when your on the bottom of the pile. and if your players mention it to the refs they will simply be told PLAY BALL. maybe its not CAK players fault, thats probably the way thier coached

I was watching the Page game last Friday and I must say that I'm proud of the Warriors for winning. I have been reading the posts, though, and I can say that I hope what I see about the cheap shots is not true. As for the coaching I can definitely say that that is NOT the issue. I know for a fact if Coach Bradley found out any of them were pulling cheap shots, then they would not be seeing the field. I think CAK will open it up this week. No offense to the young men at Wartburg but I believe this is a good week for the CAK team. There are quite a few important injuries that could maybe be handled better this coming week than say, against a team like Alcoa. I'm not trying to put Wartburg down, but maybe the guys can get rested up this week and be ready for Webb.

As for the rest of the players, have a good week of practice and don't look past this week. Wartburg will come to play, so be ready. God bless to both teams and I look forward to coming to the game this week

I agree with you WarEagle865 ... Coach Bradley would never stand for cheap shots and neither would the rest of the coaches. Coach Bradley stands for integrity and is a man of integrity. He expects no less from his players. The thing we all need to remember is that these young men are still learning and that they often need to be redirected in their actions. Even Christians act sinful now and again. Besides I doubt that our guys are the only ones throwing the cheap shots. Friday night should be a good game. I just pray for the safety of both teams...there have been enough injuries. Let's just pray that both teams show good sportmanship and enjoy the blessing of playing football. Blessings ...

If Wartburg plays @ CAK they will lose, its hard to win when you have to play against the players and the officals. just a suggestion to the Wartburg team make sure the players tape thier ankles and wear knee braces the wonderful players at CAK with thier christian upbringing will twist and bend whatever they can get thier hands on when your on the bottom of the pile. and if your players mention it to the refs they will simply be told PLAY BALL. maybe its not CAK players fault, thats probably the way thier coached

Honestly.....go away You lost and you continue to cry.....

As for the game this week....I hope the warriors come to play and do not overlook wartburg! As of right now CAK cannot overlook anyone!

Honestly.....go away You lost and you continue to cry.....

As for the game this week....I hope the warriors come to play and do not overlook wartburg! As of right now CAK cannot overlook anyone!

you win with pathetic antics, its an embarrassment to your High School sports program that your players would try to deliberatley injure another player from an opposing team when he is on the ground defenseless just to get a win in a non region game or in any game for that fact, we sure hope you all would come our way to play next year and we will show you how a team wins with character something your CAK team is in serious need of. But Im sure you will find some excuse not to show up, schools, coachs, players, like CAK will always have an excuse.

I agree with you WarEagle865 ... Coach Bradley would never stand for cheap shots and neither would the rest of the coaches. Coach Bradley stands for integrity and is a man of integrity. He expects no less from his players. The thing we all need to remember is that these young men are still learning and that they often need to be redirected in their actions. Even Christians act sinful now and again. Besides I doubt that our guys are the only ones throwing the cheap shots. Friday night should be a good game. I just pray for the safety of both teams...there have been enough injuries. Let's just pray that both teams show good sportmanship and enjoy the blessing of playing football. Blessings ...

IF your coach is the man you say he is then im sure he will address this issue and discipline his players accordingly, he will plainly see thier actions if he watchs the game film closely (Im refering to twisting a players leg after he was tackled an still on the ground)

A friend of mine's son plays for CAK and he said that the issue of twisting ankles, etc. was addressed in practice and the players who were accused confessed and stayed after practice for a little "reminder" not to do it again. Hopefully this is settled that the CAK organization does not endorse foul play. Sometimes individuals make mistakes. Now maybe we can move on to the Wartburg game and let these CLASSY people from Page get back to their OWN boards

I've had my say regarding the Page game on the other thread, which is the appropriate place.

Moving on to the current thread, Wartburg at CAK. Wartburg has made improvement over the last 1 1/3 seasons. They have a FB / LB , Hamby, that has had some impressive stats. He had 150 yds rushing and 10 tackles in a win against Coalfield, who is generally a solid team. However, they've lost their 2 other games to Scott County and Harriman by a decisive margin.

I expect to see an improved Wartburg team this year. The question to me is how healthy CAK is and can they get the offense running on all cylinders and regain confidence. This offense has so much potential to be deadly it is amazing. We have not played a weak team to date. On defense, IMO we have to do a better job with quarterback option & roll outs. Until we do, I expect to see it early and often the rest of the season as Boyd, Loudon, and Page were all effective with it. With Webb bringing in the wing T and all of the misdirection associated with that, this game is an important opportunity to get both sides of the ball clicking at their best.

I expect the offense and defense to both make big strides this week and the team to be focused and play hard. CAK comes away with a decisive victory this week.

Respect all, Fear none. That is what one of my football coaches use to preach. I believe it is good advice. Wartburg may not have been very successful over the past but that doesn't mean they are not capable of beating CAK. I learned those hard lessons before, ouch! On paper CAK should be the better team, but the game is played on grass not paper. But I trust the coaches will have the Warriors ready to play this Friday night. IF so, CAK should win by a couple of scores.

FYI: CAK's JV's looked good tonight at Grace Christian. I believe the score was 38-6. This group showed they can find the end zone. You can start to see some of the players stepping forward and putting themselves in a position to be good varsity players next year. They also beat Loudon last week.