WEST TN FOOTBALL

dou

The West is indeed good but the other 2/3 of the State is Better /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i agree, east tennessee is still the most dominant the only one we dont win almost every year is the 5a championship. for the past 3 0r 4 years the 2,3 and 4a titles have been on lockdown in east tennessee. fulton and alcoa are down a little though so maybe the 2 and 3a ones are up in the air but maryville is still as good as ever and next year they'll get their shot at the 5a crown too so look out

i agree, east tennessee is still the most dominant the only one we dont win almost every year is the 5a championship. for the past 3 0r 4 years the 2,3 and 4a titles have been on lockdown in east tennessee. fulton and alcoa are down a little though so maybe the 2 and 3a ones are up in the air but maryville is still as good as ever and next year they'll get their shot at the 5a crown too so look out

Alcoa is down?....yeah, down with whuppin everyone except the Rebels (and maryville is the one who might be down of those two)

West Tennessee always has loads of talent, but just can't seem to bring gold balls home. I'd say the teams to watch out for this year in all 5 divisions are:

1A - McKenzie again, but I don't think they can bring a gold ball home - if they can get to the championship.

2A - Milan has one of the best teams they've had in recent memory. They could give Alcoa problems if they met up, but Alcoa is on their usual wrecking path already.

3A - I really can't comment, due to my lack of knowledge in this division. The only team that really comes to mind is Mitchell, and I don't know how they are this year - You'd have to ask a Memphis person such as KWC or TraderB. All i know is that although they're 0-4, they've played stiff - I mean STIFF competition. I just can't see WT competing for a 3A ball this year.

4A - Of course you have Henry County. They have an even more potent offense than last year, but have yet to be tested by a truely good team. Melrose is always going to be in the mix with their stingy d - it's just a matter of if they can get their offense to click. Just imagine if they had a kicking game... Brighton and Hardin County have looked good, but I don't know enough about them to comment.

5A - Millington is the class of West Tennessee in this division. Their whole region is loaded with talent, though. Whitehaven has a great team this year, and have already knocked off Melrose. They held an athletic Mitchell team to 0 points, Fairley's high-powered offense to 14, shut out White Station, and held Melrose to 6 points. White Station is also a team to watch out for.

Honestly, this may POSSIBLY be WT's year to bring home 3 gold balls. 2 of those would probably have to come against ET's two best teams, but Milan and Henry County's teams this year have been described as "special". Keep in mind though, that these 2 teams are not guaranteed locks to make it to Murfreesboro. Memphis is absolutely LOADED with talent in 5A and 4A, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Melrose, Millington, or Whitehaven in the state championship. It's still early in the season, though, so it's a great possibility that East/Middle Tennessee can walk away with all 5. Nothing matters until it gets cold and the playoffs start, though. It's all speculation at this point.

From West Tennessee

Henry County - #1 4A (semi final team) Probably end up vs Hillsboro or Maplewood Again.

Millington - I have heard are good.

Hardin Co.

Brighten

Melrose

All pretty good programs.

Millington is a good football team. They are young and or inexperienced at some key positions, But they are getting better every week. If they continue to progress rather than regress then they will be an extremely tough out for anyone in the playoffs. The one thing that really hinders the Memphis AAAAA title hopes this year is that We have to travel to the Midstate Region to play the Semi game this year. That's a tough chore.

Dou

Who is your team? Who do you like to move to the semis in the west TN area?

Millington, I think when is all said and done millington and whitehaven will fight it out in a tough one for the semis. Millington is young but should get better every week. The juniors on this team have a 25 and 1 record over the last 2 plus years.