South Rebels vs Johnson Co

Rebeltothecore

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell us how Johnson Co's season is going? Record? Who they played? Scores? Who are the players to watch out for? Strengths/weaknesses? What time should we arrive to get a seat?

The season has started off slow in my opinion. The record is 2-1 with wins over Avery County, NC and Hampton. The loss or should I say gift is to Elizabethton. Dont get me wrong, Besty has improved but you cant give any decent team the ball twice deep in your own territory in the first half on crazy stuff and expect to win. We faked a punt and threw a pick that gave up 14 points. Oh well I will get off the soapbox about that. They flat out went down the field and scored on the last drive and took it so hats off to them. Players to watch are Prudhomme and Phipps for the most part. There are others that can have a moment but those two are right up there with anyone in the conference. I would try to get there around 6:45. The seating is very small on the vistors side and to be honest just isnt very good at all. This is a big game for us so it will be very crowded. I would move to the home side before I sit over there. South looks to be as good as always. The potential of the JC team is there to make a game of it but it depends on which people decide to show for the game. We have looked very good at times and we have looked horrible at times.

The season has started off slow in my opinion. The record is 2-1 with wins over Avery County, NC and Hampton. The loss or should I say gift is to Elizabethton. Dont get me wrong, Besty has improved but you cant give any decent team the ball twice deep in your own territory in the first half on crazy stuff and expect to win. We faked a punt and threw a pick that gave up 14 points. Oh well I will get off the soapbox about that. They flat out went down the field and scored on the last drive and took it so hats off to them. Players to watch are Prudhomme and Phipps for the most part. There are others that can have a moment but those two are right up there with anyone in the conference. I would try to get there around 6:45. The seating is very small on the vistors side and to be honest just isnt very good at all. This is a big game for us so it will be very crowded. I would move to the home side before I sit over there. South looks to be as good as always. The potential of the JC team is there to make a game of it but it depends on which people decide to show for the game. We have looked very good at times and we have looked horrible at times.

What was the score vs Lizzy?

Phipp--QB?

Prudhomme--RB or WR?

I remember those names from last year but not sure I have the positions correct.

I can tell you that the Rebel faithful expect a tough game from your mountain men. Hope our Rebels understand what's at stake and what's at hand.

We made the trip to Johnson County 3 years ago, and I was so impressed by the atmosphere at the game. We stepped out of the car and could smell hamburgers on the grill. The home side of the field is so nice - with the seats built into the hill. It was a beautiful night - after we got there. But we went the wrong way from Col Hts. Can't remember what we did, but we were almost late and those last few curves when you are in a hurry are not a good way to start a game! What is the best way for us Rebels to get to Mountain City and still have the stomach to eat one of those hamburgers?!

We made the trip to Johnson County 3 years ago, and I was so impressed by the atmosphere at the game. We stepped out of the car and could smell hamburgers on the grill. The home side of the field is so nice - with the seats built into the hill. It was a beautiful night - after we got there. But we went the wrong way from Col Hts. Can't remember what we did, but we were almost late and those last few curves when you are in a hurry are not a good way to start a game! What is the best way for us Rebels to get to Mountain City and still have the stomach to eat one of those hamburgers?!

Phipps is the QB and also plays defensive end. He is big 6'3' 230 or so. Prudhomme is the kicker, WR and Corner. He was all state last year as a kicker. I think the best way for you to come would be up I-81 to exit 19 in Abingdon VA. Basically you just make a right off the ramp and you will never have to make another turn. You will be on 58 and that will turn into 91 just outside of Damascus VA. The road does make a couple of curves right in Damascus that can be confusing but just stay on 58. There are still some curves but leave early because it is a beautiful drive coming around the woods and creek after leaving Damascus. There really isnt a good straight road way to come. HA!!

I am not sure on the Lundy kid. I heard it was a shoulder but that was just a rumor. I wasnt at the game Friday so didnt see it.

mtnmaroon if you remember correctly betsy didn't score off either of those fake punts and they kept jc in the game.that game should have been over at halftime.i watched south friday night and they looked good.jc will have there hands full.

You can go up I81 to Damascus but it is the long way. The scenic route and the quick way is to go to Hampton and turn left on 321/67 and follow all the way to the stop light in Mountain City. Then go straight thru the light and the school is on the left. For Colonial Heights people the easy way is to go I26 (181) to the 'Lizzy (Kool Rebel Core) exit and go to 'Lizzy and at the stop light at Grindstaff right on Gap Creek Rd. Follow to the end and then Rt on 19E to a left in Hampton onto 321/67 toward Watauga Dam. Or you can go to 394 at the Blountville exit on I 81 and follow to Volunteer Pkwy. then right to a left on 19E to 'Lizzy and through the light toward Hampton (Longer). Got it? Hightway 67 goes by Watauga Lake and it is an utterly beautiful ride. Take a rifle and bring a deer back.

JCounty peeps...'yall got a rodeo before the game this year? Rebels...make sure you bring your "long" cleats.

Guest longhorns51

I asked a good friend who plays for JC and Lundy has not got the results from his MRI but it is his shoulder. From what he told me its 2-3 weeks if no serious damage was done. Lundy will be missed he is a hard hitter with a huge heart, hope he gets better soon we need him with so many players already playing both ways. There is no quick way to JC, even though anyway you go it will be beautiful. and i know JC is in the mountains and alot of us are back woods rednecks, (that alot of people take pride in) and the rodeo was last week. But come on now we do have somewhere else for the rodeo. I look to see a good game this week. JC is a 2nd half team but we cant afford for that this week, remember what happend last year. If we show up and play 48 mins i feel we will have a chance. This is the best team we have had in a long time, and South you better be ready for a hard hitting game. Also we wont be like DB and not let you bring your rebal flags. I was very upset with that people are so stupid now days. and i will let you South people in on a little secret if you want a good seat you better get there before 6:30 cause it will be packed by then. and Southrebel i can tell you are a city boy you need to learn how to drive curves cause those last few curves you can make it to the field in 11 mins from there, but just incase you better leave at 1:00 so your not late.

Go Longhorns

You can go up I81 to Damascus but it is the long way. The scenic route and the quick way is to go to Hampton and turn left on 321/67 and follow all the way to the stop light in Mountain City. Then go straight thru the light and the school is on the left. For Colonial Heights people the easy way is to go I26 (181) to the 'Lizzy (Kool Rebel Core) exit and go to 'Lizzy and at the stop light at Grindstaff right on Gap Creek Rd. Follow to the end and then Rt on 19E to a left in Hampton onto 321/67 toward Watauga Dam. Or you can go to 394 at the Blountville exit on I 81 and follow to Volunteer Pkwy. then right to a left on 19E to 'Lizzy and through the light toward Hampton (Longer). Got it? Hightway 67 goes by Watauga Lake and it is an utterly beautiful ride. Take a rifle and bring a deer back.

JCounty peeps...'yall got a rodeo before the game this year? Rebels...make sure you bring your "long" cleats.

All you Rebel Fans going around the lake is the best way to come into Jo.Co. it's not the strightest road in the world so give yourself time if you don't like those kind of roads. For a good seat I'll be there before 6:00 but if you are there by 6:30 you should be fine. Drive Safe See Ya There /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not sure on the Lundy kid. I heard it was a shoulder but that was just a rumor. I wasnt at the game Friday so didnt see it.

I talked to Lundy it is his shoulder he is going to have a MRI tomorrow he said that the Dr. told him 2-3 weeks if the MRI comes out alright. That is one tough kid. best of luck to him. GO HORNS /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I think JC has a good team I think their 3A playing up as doess 3 or 4 other teams on our schedule, I think JC will do really well in #A next year as will Greenville and Betsy ans North. UC will be about the same still losing thats one thing about our conference we play a lot of good 3A teams and some below par 4A teams except fot Tennessee high who always has a real good team., I think this hurts us around playoff time....but I think JC will give us all we want for the 1st half.....