South Rebels vs Johnson Co

Rebeltothecore

Guest longhorns51

Good game South you guys are a powerhouse. Fletcher is good when he gets the ball in space, like on screen plays. Now im not taking anything away from him he is good. JC you boys started strong but as soon as South got a led you guys let up. Please dont do that vs THS,North and East. If you do you will not see the playoffs. Just know I support you guys and believe in you. Step it up for the rest of the year and show everyone what you are really made of. Good Luck boys get ready for Happy Valley. South good luck with the rest of your season, but you dont need it.

The best thing of the night was seeing someone from JC. (I wont say his name) One of the South fans was waving his rebal flag in this boys face, and lets just say he will think twice before he does that again. LOL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game South you guys are a powerhouse. Fletcher is good when he gets the ball in space, like on screen plays. Now im not taking anything away from him he is good. JC you boys started strong but as soon as South got a led you guys let up. Please dont do that vs THS,North and East. If you do you will not see the playoffs. Just know I support you guys and believe in you. Step it up for the rest of the year and show everyone what you are really made of. Good Luck boys get ready for Happy Valley. South good luck with the rest of your season, but you dont need it.

The best thing of the night was seeing someone from JC. (I wont say his name) One of the South fans was waving his rebal flag in this boys face, and lets just say he will think twice before he does that again. LOL

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was it that kid that got headlocked and dragged out by the cop?

Even if it wasn't that was pretty dang funny.

I must say I have had a blast watching JC try to compete in this conference for the last several years and actually coming close a few times to pulling off some huge games. The MLC 2nd through last is wide open but there is simply no doubt that South is in a league of their own. They are right there with DB this year. You South fans should be thankful for your coaching also. Not that JC's is bad but again he is simply in a league of his own in play calling. That backside screen was the best play I have seen in a while becaue of the timing. We gave up 21 points that we shouldnt have on turnovers, etc. and we had some good defensive guys out this week but make no doubt we still get beat if all goes right. Horns you still have the opportunity to finish playing at this level on a high note if you finish. Next year simply wont be the same for me except maybe the Besty game. Finally, I am glad South still fly's the Rebel flag. Fly it anytime because to me it doesnt represent the South but it represents Sullivan South. Forget the people with the issues with it because these same people are the ones that think it is ok to have scholarships, festivals, etc. for one racial group only. It is not about race but it is about freedom and equal treatment for all. Fly it and forget it. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!!

Does anyone know if it will be South or Maryville hosting the semi final 4A game? Outstanding job South. Fletcher is the best back I can remember in Norteast TN in recent years and Davenport looks tough.

I think Region 1 (South) will have to travel for the quarterfinals and will be at home for the semifinals. Unless South faces a team in the quarterfinals that they have already defeated.

How pathetic an article the Times News wasted their time printing about the South Game. I admonish them to rename the paper to "The Kingsort Indian News" also starring "Gate City." Incredible.

Did the Times happen to have anything on Tennessee High? The Bristol Herald Courier apparently didn't have room for a Tennessee-Unicoi article; they had to cover the Holston-Northwood and Chilhowie-Virginia High games. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Did the Times happen to have anything on Tennessee High? The Bristol Herald Courier apparently didn't have room for a Tennessee-Unicoi article; they had to cover the Holston-Northwood and Chilhowie-Virginia High games. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And i thought i was the only one who noticed... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I made it to the school after the kickoff. I got there in time to see Prudhome miss the field goal. They were killing us just like I had feared. As I approached the stadium I saw the string of cars...about 25 deep. To my amazement I was sold a ticket and parked in 2 minutes flat...I was impressed. J County had 15 parents or more out there running interference. Then just before halftime I mosied over to the tent to get me a burger. I had 2 burgers and a drink for under $5.

Wow! J County came out to win and South was flat...again. Then all of a sudden we decided to play. My bunch of gamers. We capatolize on mistakes like nobody's business...just like last year and the year before. Then all Hades broke loose. Suffice to say the 'Horns didn't give up we just shifted gears and opened the throttle. I think it's safe to say that putting 8 & 9 in the box to stop our running game is suicide. If you people (the rest of our opponents) want to keep banking on the RB Bradley will oblige you all day long. We just spread the love.

However much respect I have for the Longhorn program and it's hometown hospitality I have a bone to pick. I thought it was dirty pool for their D linemen to (on every play) dive at our O linemen's ankles and wrap their arms around their legs and hold them so as to create a pile elimanating the RB room to run. Cheezy technique. And the Referee who was questioned about it said, "It's a legal move." Oh well, what went around came around.

Other than that, I thought Phipps was awsome. In '06 I went to the 'Castle to watch DB play Bristol and for almost 2 quarters THS was beating the Indians like a red headed step child. Then Throp assembled a scalping party and the rest is history. Well that's is how J County played last night. Pretty impressive for a short while. Amazing what they do with a school that is borderline 2A. When all these people play in their own classification there will be a lot of gold balls coming to this end of the state. Seriously J County, a little more and you are where you want to be. Congratulations on a good fight in the first quarter.

Rebels...pretty awesome show your put on but we ain't there yet. It's got to get better. Aaron St. Clair just keeps getting better and better. Oh, and did everybody see the new generation...that would be #44...Hubbard. You looked good son.

Kudos to Ty for steppin' it up. 4 down guys...enjoy all of them, you don't get a second chance. Rebel Nation.

How pathetic an article the Times News wasted their time printing about the South Game. I admonish them to rename the paper to "The Kingsort Indian News" also starring "Gate City." Incredible.

I agree with you completely. That coverage (or lack of coverage, I should say) is rediculous. The next time I go into Food City and someone tries to sell me a subscription, ---ahh-h-h, calm down Self. I think I'll write a Letter to the Editor.

O.K., I think it is about time I eat some crow. Prior to season, I expressed some concern if H.Beadle could go both ways. Well, I was wrong. Contratulations, Beadle, you have proved me wrong, thus far, and I hope you make me eat a helping of crow every week. I'm also impressed with the leadership that HB has provided.