Happy Valley at Gatlinburg Pittman

tdorbust

I don't think Happy Valley is a great team by any stretch of the imagination, but neither is anyone else. South Greene looks like the best one to me. This is better than an average year in this region. I hope they do well. I'll stir things up a little, alot of 1a teams could win this region without alot of trouble. This is not the GP from back in the day, they used to be a POWERHOUSE.just not the case anymore.

Im a Sevier County boy and trust me when I say that GP is the most hated of all the county schools over there so I'm its not like Im coming to their rescue here but, theyve been pretty good the last couple of years, something like 21-2, the only game they lost last year was to eventual 2-A champ Alcoa, and they have been DOMINANT in this region ever since they were reclassified. Its kinda like the way I am with Maryville, until someone in this region beats um, they are still the class, and have to disagree with the statement that a lot of 1-A schools could win this region, I think a lot of 1-A schools could make the playoffs in this region but GP is solid would be tough for most us smaller schools to handle, besides when you do make the playoffs in this region all roads go straight through TORNADO country any way so whats it matter. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a Sevier County boy and trust me when I say that GP is the most hated of all the county schools over there so I'm its not like Im coming to their rescue here but, theyve been pretty good the last couple of years, something like 21-2, the only game they lost last year was to eventual 2-A champ Alcoa, and they have been DOMINANT in this region ever since they were reclassified. Its kinda like the way I am with Maryville, until someone in this region beats um, they are still the class, and have to disagree with the statement that a lot of 1-A schools could win this region, I think a lot of 1-A schools could make the playoffs in this region but GP is solid would be tough for most us smaller schools to handle, besides when you do make the playoffs in this region all roads go straight through TORNADO country any way so whats it matter. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Everyone knows Alcoa is on a whole different level. but even the other teams in region 2 2a has dominated region 1 for years. The last team to win a playoff game against a region 2 team was Cloudland. Shoot they even give Austin East a fit.

Everyone knows Alcoa is on a whole different level. but even the other teams in region 2 2a has dominated region 1 for years. The last team to win a playoff game against a region 2 team was Cloudland. Shoot they even give Austin East a fit.

Youre right region 2 is dominant over region 1 but GP did win in the first round last year. Like I said not defending them I just dont believe any one in their region can beat um.

Youre right region 2 is dominant over region 1 but GP did win in the first round last year. Like I said not defending them I just dont believe any one in their region can beat um.

The region is a little stronger this season ,should be some good games. 4 pretty good teams and even WG is much improved.

Cloudland was in region 1 2a for 2 years ,they went 20 and 0.

Some folks down here in the forge don't always say that but they do sometimes act like it. Why do you think that is?

GP has a world of talent coming up most parents would rather have there kids sitting the bench and winning than playing as freshmen and losing year after year.GP definately has some tough ballgames ahead and everyone is always shooting for them and most play them well for 2 quarters, but they are a great 2nd half team. I think thier coaching staff is wonderful at making changes at half and they all work very well together getting on the same page.stopping the wing t is never simple but its not the first time they have had to do it.. Gp score about like PF 28-14..

Some folks down here in the forge don't always say that but they do sometimes act like it. Why do you think that is?

I think most knowledgeable football fans in the Forge will give credit where credit is due, and GP may not be liked by the boys in black but I guarantee you they are respected by them! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />