Carter @ Pigeon Forge

ThinkFastRunFast

PF has no shot in this one. They're going to be scrambling the last six weeks to get enough region wins to get into the playoffs if they're lucky. It might be time for PF fans to come to grips with the possibility of another 0-fer season, but I haven't got a good read on what Union, Gibbs and Claiborne really have.

They will beat Union and Gibbs and have a good chance at Claiborne.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what, I will support this group of young men win or lose. I have a feeling alot of these parents or other onlookers on here are not originally from the area and don't understand the rich tradition of football in Pigeon Forge. Granted we have not had the best win/loss record over the past few years but Pigeon Forge will always be a football first community, no matter how well the baseball and basketball programs do. Go Tigers!

What does scheduling down prove????

Good reponse J-bo, but we do want basketball and baseball to win as well!!!!

How has the program been mistreated, the only thing you could possibly have to support that is the way Bramlett ran it into the ground, Im a Forge fan except for one Friday a year but to say that the program has been mistreated is not correct at all. You could say that some of the people that used to be associated with the program have been mistreated and that would certainly be true, but the program as a whole has gotten a good deal of support. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Youre right at ONE time the program got an enormous amt of support but when you have 3 coaching shifts in 7 yrs and one just absolutely runs it into the ground tell me who is going to support that? I can't even find people in our community who will step up to the plate and help with pregame meals. Coach Hammonds was having to coordinate that task as well as coaching. Who knows what else he does that no one else knows about. From cleaning up the grounds etc. There used to be a lot of support you're right. Hopefully that is changing. I remember when the season ticket passes sold like crazy as well with supporters and I'd venture to say that's absolutely NOT the case anymore. People kind of have a wait and see attitude with the program. All I'm saying is Ive been a fan thru thick and thin. Thru the hirings and firings of coaches. Thru the debt that previous coaches left the program with etc. I'm just lookin for some people who want to cheer on our boys no matter what and start believing in them until the boys believe in themselves. I can handle a few losing seasons......they boys are learning some valuable lessons. I'm not even going to gripe about their record. I know there will be wins along this long road this season. There are however some awfully talented fresh and soph that will have to grow up in a hurry but at least I believe they will be growing in consistency of a program.

ONE time the program got an enormous amt of support but when you have 3 coaching shifts in 7 yrs. I can't even find people in our community who will step up to the plate and help with pregame meals. From cleaning up the grounds etc. There used to be a lot of support . I remember when the season ticket passes sold like crazy as well with supporters and I'd venture to say that's absolutely NOT the case anymore. Thru the hirings and firings of coaches. Thru the debt that previous coaches left the program with etc.

That's why ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can't even find people in our community who will step up to the plate and help with pregame meals.

Maybe your checking with the wrong people, last year a local resturaunt would feed the entire team and coaching staff for our super grasscutter teams and this past weekend Texas Roadhouse fed us again before the big game against White Pine.

PF's problem has been poor decision making with coaches.

Exactly ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Not who they have hired, just how they are handled.

Give someone a chance for more than 2 years. Lower the expectation level and a coach might have a chance to stay and build something. If they did that, there wouldn't be a topic about it every month! Good luck PF. Beat CARTER tonight !!!!!

Youre right at ONE time the program got an enormous amt of support but when you have 3 coaching shifts in 7 yrs and one just absolutely runs it into the ground tell me who is going to support that? I can't even find people in our community who will step up to the plate and help with pregame meals. Coach Hammonds was having to coordinate that task as well as coaching. Who knows what else he does that no one else knows about. From cleaning up the grounds etc. There used to be a lot of support you're right. Hopefully that is changing. I remember when the season ticket passes sold like crazy as well with supporters and I'd venture to say that's absolutely NOT the case anymore. People kind of have a wait and see attitude with the program. All I'm saying is Ive been a fan thru thick and thin. Thru the hirings and firings of coaches. Thru the debt that previous coaches left the program with etc. I'm just lookin for some people who want to cheer on our boys no matter what and start believing in them until the boys believe in themselves. I can handle a few losing seasons......they boys are learning some valuable lessons. I'm not even going to gripe about their record. I know there will be wins along this long road this season. There are however some awfully talented fresh and soph that will have to grow up in a hurry but at least I believe they will be growing in consistency of a program.

No matter how I say this it is going to sound terrible, so I apologize right off! A lot, not all, of the people associated with that program are used to things being handed to them. Most programs in the county you're in are. Please let me say I know there are many peolple who work relentlessly to improve and help the program. And I am the first to appluad them. But... sometimes programs are not so fortunate, and coachs' wives, moms, aunts, sisters, and the like do everything that needs done. (I didn't mean to leave out the male species. There are plenty men also who don't coach that help.) I came from a small community. I know what its like for the family of players to spend an entire summer building a field so that there boys didn't have to move to another county to play the sport they love. Then, I was very close to the same program you are for a few years. Not one time was I ever approached to help with anything, and when I offered I was looked at like I was crazy. Like I was a queen asking to sweep their floors. Like that was beneath me or at least I should think it was. Now I'm back at that same small school where I picked up rocks (18 years ago) all summer to even have a horrible field, and for the past three seasons I've watched that field become more beautiful every year. (Its not there yet, but a far cry from what it was!) I'm not saying you don't let peolpe know they are welcome to help out, or that you don't show them appreciation when they do. You seem like a very nice person so I'm sure you do, but peolpe don't always know what needs done. Also people who have always lived in that community may not even realize the program needs help, because they are so used to everything just getting done and they don't stop to wonder who does it. This is not meant at all to sound like a slap at Sevier county. I'm just saying that some counties are more blessed than others. I think all counties should be incredibly supportive of their programs, (every program in the county) no matter what their financial situation may be. There are other ways than $$$ to support a program. I can't wait to see the Tigers take off! I'm only against them 1 time a year. They really do have a great group of guys on their coaching staff. All the women I know that are associated with them are great also! Just keep trying, branch out, and let ALL the people know you need help. I know firsthand that sometimes people who are new to your program are not always treated with great kindness and equality. (That doesn't mean everyone, some people were wonderful!) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exactly ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Not who they have hired, just how they are handled.

Give someone a chance for more than 2 years. Lower the expectation level and a coach might have a chance to stay and build something. If they did that, there wouldn't be a topic about it every month! Good luck PF. Beat CARTER tonight !!!!!

well said splitback, how is your team this year..