Meigs County ?

87Cat

listen meigs has some atheletes walking the halls but they do not have the (deleted) to play football...i am sorry but thats pretty much what it comes down to. the reason they quit is because they are not man enough to take the beating these players go through everyday.... most of these atheletes are only good at basketball... we did lose a great reciver this year but that doesnt matter...he chose to concentrate on baseball...

as for the coaching situation..everyone needs to stop with the rumors..there is a reason they are called rumors...

and as for some of the people that bad mouth meigs and are from meigs...why dont you go jump on someone elses bandwagon... when meigs was doing good you were all for them but now they lose 3 straight you are bad mouthing them...

what was their record last year...7-3 they can still go 7-3 this year

Please watch the language

3-7 if they are lucky.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen meigs has some atheletes walking the halls but they do not have the (deleted) to play football...i am sorry but thats pretty much what it comes down to. the reason they quit is because they are not man enough to take the beating these players go through everyday.... most of these atheletes are only good at basketball... we did lose a great reciver this year but that doesnt matter...he chose to concentrate on baseball...

as for the coaching situation..everyone needs to stop with the rumors..there is a reason they are called rumors...

and as for some of the people that bad mouth meigs and are from meigs...why dont you go jump on someone elses bandwagon... when meigs was doing good you were all for them but now they lose 3 straight you are bad mouthing them...

what was their record last year...7-3 they can still go 7-3 this year

Please watch the language

You talk about other people bad mouthing Meigs??? When you are the only one I see on here saying the kids don't have the nads to play the game.

They seemed to have them all the years before this year. I have never heard anybody say that the young men in Decatur were not man enough to play the game. In fact, just the opposite. Anybody will tell you that in years past when you play Meigs County you better bring your A-Game, Because they will hit you in the mouth and do it again if you didn't like it the first time.

25-2 Maybe 6-4 this year Tellico next week???

There is alot of truth to what you are hearing Meigs is in deep trouble. I like Coach Eller and he has been dealt a terrible hand at Meigs but he is going to have to take control and lead them out of this crisis and it starts with his assistant coaches or lack there of. We have had several good players quit and we have several Kids walking the hall ways that could help this team. When i say bad hand i do not mean in player tallent even though it is down some at Meigs this year they still have enough tallent and heart to compete if they had the kids out that have quit or chose not to play or have transferred due to the coaching issues.

Pretty much what I've heard. I have no doubt Coach Eller will get the train back on the tracks, If he survives the next couple of years. I hope he is given the tools he needs to get the job done.

I listened to the game on the radio tonight. I can't believe how the radio announcers were whining about East Ridge running up the score. They kept saying they couldn't believe Coach Martin would run up the score on Meigs. HE DIDN'T.. East Ridge did score near the end of the game on a punt return. What was the East Ridge return man supposed to do, Run 20 yards and lay down??

Come on people,, Meigs is down this year. The reason for them losing can't always be that the other team is a bunch of jerks.

Does anybody know what's going on within the Meigs Football program? I understand all programs have their up and down times. But I live near Decatur and follow high school football. Seems like every time I'm in town I hear a new rumor about what is wrong with the football team.

Most of them seem to point to the coaches. I know the Head Coach has been there before and was successful. Heard that one asst. coach tried to quit this week when he got caught by a parent "yelling" at a player in the parking lot. Also that there is turmoil between coaches. They can't agree on play calling. and so on.

Heard that some former players and athletes from other sports wanted to come out and play last week, to try and help revive the football program. But were turned away because they haven't done their time on the practice field.

Normally I would agree with the fact they need to "do their time on the practice field" but with things going like they are currently, It might be a good idea to accept any help you can get.

I'm not talking about any one player that has transferred or quit. I'm talking about a large group of players that have decided not to play football at Meigs.

There has to be some truth to what I'm hearing.

Tell me what your thoughts are..

WOW.....where do we start? Administrators kids aren't involved right now, they filled the teaching positions with bodies, Head coach 'watches' practices and speaks very little, haven't seen him do much in the game, coaches don't motivate kids at halftime...most don't say anything, stupid decisions on the playing field, UNSUPERVISED players in the fieldhouse, (bledsoe just had legal problems with that...wakeup coaches), we don't watch films of our games or opponents, the reason for only a few coaches is that they don't want outsiders or volunteers to help, they just want to do it their way--WIN OR LOOSE---, 0-4 and we haven't even been 'in the game' going into the 4th quarters, Coach Eller never shows any emotion as if he's content with losing.

Coach Eller either rolled on talent or had some really good asst. coaches in the 90's.

This doesn't have to be a rebuilding year, didn't these same kids go undefeated in juniors (little league)? There is a lot of talent, it's just not being used to it's potential. The players, as a group, feel the coaches have no confidence in them. If the coaches don't believe and give 110%, the kids can sense that and they have no confidence in themselves. In most jobs if you don't give 100%....you get fired. The parents and fans can see this......why can't those in charge see it?

Let's fix it NOW....not next year.

well first of all ER was up 19-2 with 3 min left in 4th quarter the reason they said this was because Martin was throwing the ball at this time...the punt return had nothing to do with it.. it was the fact that they were throwing it...

as for the athelete situation the kids that arent tough enough to come out are the kids walking the halls the reason the quit was because they were gettin whooped on the field by everyone even sophmores that are now starting...

i would like for people to throw out some names of kids who arent playin that came out and quit and i will give you the reason why they quit

WOW.....where do we start? Administrators kids aren't involved right now, they filled the teaching positions with bodies, Head coach 'watches' practices and speaks very little, haven't seen him do much in the game, coaches don't motivate kids at halftime...most don't say anything, stupid decisions on the playing field, UNSUPERVISED players in the fieldhouse, (bledsoe just had legal problems with that...wakeup coaches), we don't watch films of our games or opponents, the reason for only a few coaches is that they don't want outsiders or volunteers to help, they just want to do it their way--WIN OR LOOSE---, 0-4 and we haven't even been 'in the game' going into the 4th quarters, Coach Eller never shows any emotion as if he's content with losing.

Coach Eller either rolled on talent or had some really good asst. coaches in the 90's.

This doesn't have to be a rebuilding year, didn't these same kids go undefeated in juniors (little league)? There is a lot of talent, it's just not being used to it's potential. The players, as a group, feel the coaches have no confidence in them. If the coaches don't believe and give 110%, the kids can sense that and they have no confidence in themselves. In most jobs if you don't give 100%....you get fired. The parents and fans can see this......why can't those in charge see it?

Let's fix it NOW....not next year.

I agree with most of your post, Cant agree about Eller. His first year back give him a break, he didnt start this situation. True its always more important when you have one involved so we will see how things happen in a few years. Our juniors have been undefeated 3 of the last 4 years. How many of those players are still on the team. We have around 50 junior players each year, approx 25 per class. If only 15 kids from each class were still playing we should have approx 60 players. WE HAVE UNDER 40 PLAYING NOW. Does anyone want to tell me no players are walking the halls? I hope the admin wakes up and finds an answer.

I agree with most of your post, Cant agree about Eller. His first year back give him a break, he didnt start this situation. True its always more important when you have one involved so we will see how things happen in a few years. Our juniors have been undefeated 3 of the last 4 years. How many of those players are still on the team. We have around 50 junior players each year, approx 25 per class. If only 15 kids from each class were still playing we should have approx 60 players. WE HAVE UNDER 40 PLAYING NOW. Does anyone want to tell me no players are walking the halls? I hope the admin wakes up and finds an answer.

I know alot of you saw the Meigs vs ER game....no comments? It shouldn't take years to improve a team, halftime would be a good start. If going up the middle ain't working....try something else, duh! There was a little variety in this game, but a few good players on the sidelines when the team needed them. It seems the coaches can't agree on player positions.

ok little league is a heck of a lot different then high school football folks... there was a freshman last year that HAD to play the first to games duee to injury...ask him if its different...

the speed of the game is a whole lot different and so is the physicallity..

you play 10-11 games in highschool all different teams. in little league you play 3 teams twice for sure and 2 more teams a 3rd time...6 regular season games and a playoff game and a championship game...ask any of these meigs freshman and some sophmores that are getting to play this year its a whole lot different than little league...

and to you Meigs mom or what ever your name is.. the meigs running game is hard to stop unless you have 8-10 guys in the box...meigs ran the ball well up the middle and well to the outside..its just that we drive te ball down the field and shoot our sevles in the foot so to speak and its hard for us to throw the ball

It seems like you guys keep referring to the record of your Juniors in the little league program. I wouldn't base a lot of your expectations on that record because the competition in SETAC that you play is really not that good. Englewood is usually the only competition those kids have and that is just a few of the kids they face later on when they play Central in high school. Tellico and Rogers Creek are simply not who you want to measure success by. Not meant to flame here, just making a point on having realistic expectations.