Congrats to 2 TN Teams on making NATIONAL RANKINGS!

fargen01

For what it's worth from the outsider living here (who by the way will not be moving to California)......

Outside of the students, I rarely hear anyone "crow" about these rankings except to reply to the every week occurence when the inevitable "the streak stops here" post is made and for 4 or 5 days some random poster posts 30 times never to be heard from again (for last week's example see IKNOWFOOTBALL). Most people here take it for what it is - a once in a lifetime event that that are proud to be associated with one way or another. They know it will end, they know they have been lucky, but they are enjoying it while they can.

What some fans can't seem to encompass is this - this streak is going on five years old. When this began in 2004, I could make a very, very strong argument that 4A football in the Knoxville area and East Tennessee was tougher than 5A. Mo West, Central, Red Bank, etc. all had very good programs that would have done well in 4A or 5A. Now, that is not currently the case because schools like Central and Morristown West have dropped a bit in 4A and Farragut, Bearden, and others have become a lot stronger in 5A. That said, Hillsboro and Melrose have had teams that are quite good - as I am sure MBA or MUS fans can attest.

The issue as to why they play the three county teams has been addressed 1,000 times. As much flack as they catch now, more would be caught if they dropped any of these teams.

As for the matchup at hand, you will not convince me that Maryville would not have beaten MBA in 04, 05, or 06 (and I saw both teams play all three years....in person). I would give the edge to MBA in 07 and based on all I have read/heard would again this year.

Oh,I'm still here and will be here and will see Maryville in November,so nuff said everything will be seen on the field as it should be.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With apologies in advance to pepvol or anyone else who may get bothered by this:

Maryville is everyone's daddy in 4A. However, the Rebels are wearing prophylactics in terms of proclaiming paternal supremacy in/over every other classification.

(And yes, the same could be said of any other team from one classification who proclaims paternal dominance over any other classification in which it does not play.)

You're basically saying what I've said all along , and I don't have any problem with you rollredroll (you've always been a classy guy ), but it does surprise me sometimes why it is so hard for some of your fellow MBA fans to just give credit where credit's due ... and just leave it at that ..... without resorting to diminishing Maryville's achievements by saying all the usual stuff , 4A , we don't travel the country to play games , and so forth . Ya , now some Maryville fans have got upset because just take a look how this thread went , just as it always does ... bash Maryville . I never see unprovoked Maryville fans claim superiority over the whole state . Our team's fans should have a great respect and admiration for each other , but it seems to me that can't happen unless Maryville fans place your team much higher than Maryville . I'll just come right out and say it rollredroll , I'm about to the point that I could care less about what a lot of guys think , and that is I do believe Maryville would have beat MBA more than MBA would have beat Maryville the last few years , and yes , I have seen your team play about every year . I'm sure that you believe just the opposite , but what good does it do to put the other team down when we're not even going to play each other . All this said , I do believe , just like Solomon that this may be the most vulnerable team we've had in a while , so I'm not tooting this year's team at all , they've got a long way to go , but they are getting better every week .

BTW rollredroll I, just like you , try to ignore all the little drive by posters who are only here to hate on some team , and only because some of your regular posters felt they had to make sure that Maryville didn't get too much credit , did I decide to voice my opinion . I really wish our 2 teams could call a truce on here because both teams deserve each other's respect and admiration . That is not going to happen as long as some posters feel they have to belittle Maryville's accomplishments though .

Well , i know that at least 2 were against the team that your team has had the most trouble with this year ... Hillsboro .....ya just another little old 4A team .. wasn't it ..

but do you see Kwoodruff why I'm tired of this ? One of your own here wants to try and diminish 65 wins ... like I said , why is it so hard to just say , nice going guys ? I'm secure enough with what my team has done to where I can recognize other team's achievements also ... can you Bigreddad?

I've said it over and over , Maryville is to public schools what MBA & BA are to privates .... there , I didn't bring up teams in California , or Texas , or anywhere , that would wear your team out I recognize them both as great teams with great tradition and great success. Why do I need to point out who all I think could beat them now ?

OK, I have deleted the offending post. By all means, please look thru my posting history and see if I've slighted Maryville anywhere else, and I'll delete it as well. I am unaware of anyplace where I have vilified Maryville, its school, football team, or denizens. Quite the contrary, I have always expressed admiration and respect for your team. If I promise to wear a hair shirt until the play-offs start, do you think we could stop flogging this badly decomposed former horse?

BTW, I felt so bad that I went to confession. Father Naughton is a team chaplain for St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Ft. Lauderdale. He thinks they can take Maryville and MBA.

BTW, I felt so bad that I went to confession. Father Naughton is a team chaplain for St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Ft. Lauderdale. He thinks they can take Maryville and MBA.

Fer what hits worth KWoodroof......Eye jest talked two my preacher who leads chapel fer tha Rebs on occasion and he thanks Mairvul and MBA wood taik St. Thomas Aquinas two tha ash heap..... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

OK, I have deleted the offending post. By all means, please look thru my posting history and see if I've slighted Maryville anywhere else, and I'll delete it as well. I am unaware of anyplace where I have vilified Maryville, its school, football team, or denizens. Quite the contrary, I have always expressed admiration and respect for your team. If I promise to wear a hair shirt until the play-offs start, do you think we could stop flogging this badly decomposed former horse?

I'm sorry if it feels like I singled you out , and I'm too lazy to read this thread over from the beginning , and I might have been reacting to a couple of different threads . I understand you live In Fla , and you probably do see some very athletic teams , but it just gets so old that every single thread that gives Maryville a pat on the back ends up being a slap in the face to everyone of these boys who have gave their heart and soul to Maryville football .

I probably shouldn't have made it seem like you were the instigator , and for that I apologize , and I really do wish your team MBA , all the best this year .

Fer what hits worth KWoodroof......Eye jest talked two my preacher who leads chapel fer tha Rebs on occasion and he thanks Mairvul and MBA wood taik St. Thomas Aquinas two tha ash heap..... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I'd certainly pay to see it; I'm no fan of any of the programs down here; they're all a bunch of yankeees. The bad news is that most of them are retiring to your neighborhood.

There is one friend of mine from here that's retired to Maryville, and I've told him he should come out to watch Maryville play.

Why is it that so many Maryville fans disrespect teams that they don't even play with posts like this?

Sorry to have offended you big red big blue but I am just so sick of logging on here and attempting to read some good posts and chat with some good football fans and it turns into a Maryville bashing party. I see you only quoted part of my post and that is typical but if you were being fair you would have read all the posts that lead to what I am saying. I see you have nothing to offer to those who would try to bring down the accomplisments of teenage kids. It is my fault for allowing myself to debate with some on here who have not even gotten out of puberty. I just wish you guys with come up with some new material like who is going to win the games on Friday Night instead "our classification is better than your classification" and "if Maryville played Northwestern High...". See my point? It just gets old and now I remember why I stopped posting for a while.

There is one friend of mine from here that's retired to Maryville, and I've told him he should come out to watch Maryville play.

KWoodruff if 'un one of these folks movin' two Mairvul has enny kids orr grandkids wif good speed and banch press numburs yell back..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

KWoodruff if 'un one of these folks movin' two Mairvul has enny kids orr grandkids wif good speed and banch press numburs yell back..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think his grandkids will be staying down here, but they have good genes: he played college football, and is a former world heavyweight kickboxing champion...in addition to being one of the finest men you'll ever meet.

I think his grandkids will be staying down here, but they have good genes: he played college football, and is a former world heavyweight kickboxing champion...in addition to being one of the finest men you'll ever meet.

Sounds good KWoodroof.....Eye dont wanna git no kickboxer farred up.....Unless of course mommaSTARS is thair two protect me.....Eye know he'll bee impressed wif tha garbige servuss hear..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />