Congrats to 2 TN Teams on making NATIONAL RANKINGS!

fargen01

I will admit I occasionally check different National HS Polls to see if Tennessee gets the occasional recognition it deserves. To see Maryville (my bias of course) listed the last four years has been a "nicety" at my own ego level.

I did notice that one pollster adds a reason for each of his rankings. Two weeks ago he had listed under Maryville that Maryville was not tough enough to compete with other states that produce annual "power house" teams. I wasn't too surprised at that but I was a little "miffed" about that comment. A little "slight" against the State I'd say.

I Emailed him and inquired about his reason (politely) and his response was that Maryville dosen't get huge score separations when they obviously could and that Tennessee does not produce the caliber of football players that other traditional states produce. (Jason Whitten?!) So, yeah, polls are for "ego feeding" I guess......but I still enjoy 'em at face value. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

See Below:

"Thanks for the well thought out email, usually I get ???youre an idiot??? type emails so this is refreshing.

Maryville is a classy organization and they keep winning and that is the bottom line.

The thing that is holding them back ??“ in terms of a national perspective ??“ is the competition level in East Tennessee. As you noted they are taking our starters in the third quarter does not give a good perception of tough high school football that is played elsewhere.

The bottom line is winning, which they do very well, but would they do it against a Florida team, California, Texas, or Arizona??¦ maybe, but it my belief that they wouldn??™t."

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 10-15 programs in Florida that would hand Maryville their heads on a platter: they would do the same to MBA and BA (and quite likely UT and the Dolphins). They do the same thing to their local competition. Move beyond those programs (Northwest, St. Thomas, Pahokeee, Glades Central, Lakeland, etc), and the top Tennessee teams would be pretty competitive.

It's funny how some people always see a thread giving recognition to a team that has done well , as an opportunity to let us all know that they're really not all that good .

It's funny how some people always see a thread giving recognition to a team that has done well , as an opportunity to let us all know that they're really not all that good .

Actually, I was responding to the person who said Maryville wouldn't be in the top 44 in either Georgia or Florida. Everything I've ever written on this board has been complimentary to Maryville. I've even defended their schedule. Perhaps you should read a bit more before you flame somebody, and at least figure out what they've said.

There are 10-15 programs in Florida that would hand Maryville their heads on a platter: they would do the same to MBA and BA (and quite likely UT and the Dolphins). They do the same thing to their local competition. Move beyond those programs (Northwest, St. Thomas, Pahokeee, Glades Central, Lakeland, etc), and the top Tennessee teams would be pretty competitive.

Hand their heads on a platter ... ok , I guess that was a compliment somehow or other ... I guarantee you , you will never , ever see me get on a thread that has been started about your team's accomplishment , and say anything about ya , but so and so would kick their butt ! Sorry , but I just can't understand why is it so hard to give a compliment to another team ? You will never see me get on here after someone has complimented your team , or anybody's team , and feel like I have to say ... ya , but Maryville would hand them their head on a platter . Why don't I just visit all the past champions threads in 1A , 2A , 3A , and say ... ya but Maryville would hand them their head on a platter ...

I'm not trying to flame you at all , I know you're a good guy and a good poster , that's why it's a little strange to me why it's so hard for you to just say ... "congrats guys " and just let it be .

I will admit I occasionally check different National HS Polls to see if Tennessee gets the occasional recognition it deserves. To see Maryville (my bias of course) listed the last four years has been a "nicety" at my own ego level.

I did notice that one pollster adds a reason for each of his rankings. Two weeks ago he had listed under Maryville that Maryville was not tough enough to compete with other states that produce annual "power house" teams. I wasn't too surprised at that but I was a little "miffed" about that comment. A little "slight" against the State I'd say.

I Emailed him and inquired about his reason (politely) and his response was that Maryville dosen't get huge score separations when they obviously could and that Tennessee does not produce the caliber of football players that other traditional states produce. (Jason Whitten?!) So, yeah, polls are for "ego feeding" I guess......but I still enjoy 'em at face value. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

See Below:

"Thanks for the well thought out email, usually I get ???youre an idiot??? type emails so this is refreshing.

Maryville is a classy organization and they keep winning and that is the bottom line.

The thing that is holding them back ??“ in terms of a national perspective ??“ is the competition level in East Tennessee. As you noted they are taking our starters in the third quarter does not give a good perception of tough high school football that is played elsewhere.

The bottom line is winning, which they do very well, but would they do it against a Florida team, California, Texas, or Arizona??¦ maybe, but it my belief that they wouldn??™t."

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

I've seen a lot of "nationally recognized" programs play each other, and believe Maryville could compete with with some of them, as they are a great program. They are VERY well coached and play disciplined football. As good as any program in this state at getting the most out of their players. In watching the game against maplewood last year, I believe that coaching and discipline was the difference in the game, as Maplewood was every bit as talented. But I do not think they would be nearly as successful playing in some of the more well known "football states"(TX, FLA, OH,CA). The biggest reason for me would be the strength of schedule, which if you look at sos rankings on unapproved website, it is mediocre to weak when compared to other "national programs". Dynasty Rankings They are for the most part a big fish in a little pond, as they have very few matchups over the years against Southeast regionallyranked, let alone nationally ranked teams. The winning streak itself should tell you that they don't go out and schedule these teams. In Ohio, their enrollment would put them in D1(biggest) classification. With the way teams have to schedule in order to make the playoffs there, they would be a lower seed and have a hard time getting to the semifinals, let alone winning a title. You don't see those kind of streaks there, because D1 playoff football is brutal. Been regarded nationally as the most competitive in the nation. That being said, I would love for them to get in the Herbstreit Challenge and play a national power. That's the only way to find out where they fit in nationally.

Hand their heads on a platter ... ok , I guess that was a compliment somehow or other ... I guarantee you , you will never , ever see me get on a thread that has been started about your team's accomplishment , and say anything about ya , but so and so would kick their butt ! Sorry , but I just can't understand why is it so hard to give a compliment to another team ? You will never see me get on here after someone has complimented your team , or anybody's team , and feel like I have to say ... ya , but Maryville would hand them their head on a platter . Why don't I just visit all the past champions threads in 1A , 2A , 3A , and say ... ya but Maryville would hand them their head on a platter ...

I'm not trying to flame you at all , I know you're a good guy and a good poster , that's why it's a little strange to me why it's so hard for you to just say ... "congrats guys " and just let it be .

I don't think he's knocking Maryville at all. If you'll notice, he said his team (MBA) would get handed their heads on a platter as well. I believe he's just pointing out that the top teams in Florida are better than the top teams in TN, which is a pretty accurate thing to say. You're being a little too sensitive.

I don't think he's knocking Maryville at all. If you'll notice, he said his team (MBA) would get handed their heads on a platter as well. I believe he's just pointing out that the top teams in Florida are better than the top teams in TN, which is a pretty accurate thing to say. You're being a little too sensitive.

Well for example , when MBA beat the team in Ohio , myself and other Maryville fans were some of the very first ones to congratulate ... I guess If we would have got on your thread and said , " ya , but Maryville would have handed them their head on a platter " ... it would be alright ? The name of this thread is "Congrats to 2 TN teams ....etc " , not "Ok haters , Jump on board and tell these Tennessee teams how awful they really are !"

I could care less about any kind of Ranking , It's settled at the end of the year in high school , but It amazes me how everybody comes out of the woodwork when a team does get a pat on the back , to let them know that they actually aren't very good . I'll remember your sensitive remark the next time I see every private poster on here rushing to defend their team from a recruiting accusation .

wait wait wait. something isnt right with that. what are sportswriters or whoever else votes on these mindless national polls doing in placing a patsy Division II team in front of a TN public school power house? ha.

looks like the followers/supporters of DII-AAA aren't the only ones that realize it's the top notch in TN high school football.

Ok MBA is ahead because they simply face better teams. Maryville has limited themselves to weak East TN teams so its hard for them to move up or down because they arent beating anybody. Whereas MBA beat Moeller already a win that is 2 times better than any win Maryville has.

btw , RedTwin , I also think that Maryville and MBA could beat all the 1A - 3A Teams in Tennessee , so do you want to join me in going to all of their threads and making sure that they all know we'd hand them their head on a platter ? We must NOT let them think that their success means anything .... right ?? Sorry , I think that It's you guys who just don't get it .

Ok MBA is ahead because they simply face better teams. Maryville has limited themselves to weak East TN teams so its hard for them to move up or down because they arent beating anybody. Whereas MBA beat Moeller already a win that is 2 times better than any win Maryville has.

Here you go RedTwin ...

Thank you sooo much Southeast21 for letting us all know how disgraceful Maryville really is /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just like I said .... amazing ..... wow , it's amazing how resourceful Maryville is in finding 65 WEAK opponents in a row !! Everybody on board now !! lol , the more Maryville wins , the more clowns show up to tell them how awful they are .

Here was my first post on this topic:

It's nice to see two Tennessee programs in the rankings. No, they really don't hold a great deal of meaning,

other than the fact that one group of footballpundits think they're both good programs. I'd go along with that.

Perhaps I chose my words poorly. I do watch football here in south Florida, and the top Florida teams are considerably better than the top programs in Tennessee, and in most other states. I'm not sure why; perhaps it's the longer spring practice or the incredibly long seasons that the kids' football programs play. Maybe it's the sizes of the schools here: Cypress Bay had 5,200 students last year. I do think the top programs in Tennessee would be competitive with most of the rest of Florida. Apparently the writers in at least one poll do as well.