Congrats to 2 TN Teams on making NATIONAL RANKINGS!

fargen01

Here you go RedTwin ...

Thank you sooo much Southeast21 for letting us all know how disgraceful Maryville really is /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just like I said .... amazing ..... wow , it's amazing how resourceful Maryville is in finding 65 WEAK opponents in a row !! Everybody on board now !! lol , the more Maryville wins , the more clowns show up to tell them how awful they are .

I haven't studied Maryville"s schedule during the streak, so tell me how many different schools are represented by the 65 games?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will only move up the rankings when they actually play a team that is worth something. They have not played a DII school throughout that entire "great" streak of wins and do not play anyone out of state. "TO BE THE BEST, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST". Play someone other than what your weak east tennessee schedule has on it, and let us all see how long that streak continues. Im sure Maryville is a good team, but PROVE you are the best is all I am going to say.

I haven't studied Maryville"s schedule during the streak, so tell me how many different schools are represented by the 65 games?

Twenty-one.

Alcoa - 5

Brainerd - 1

Carter - 1

Clinton -5

Heritage - 5

Hillsboro - 1

Knox. Central - 6

Knox. Halls - 5

Lenoir City - 3

Maplewood - 1

Melrose - 2

Mo. West - 3

Powell - 7

Red Bank - 2

Rhea Co. - 3

South Doyle - 3

Sullivan S. - 1

Tennessee - 1

Knox. West - 5

White Co. - 1

William Blount - 4

Being a Maryville supported, I have watch hundreds of MHS games over the last 30 years including all of the past 65. I will continue to attend every game possible even after the streak ends, and it will end. The current winning streak is the result of a strong program that is strongly supported by this community. Every kid that is running on the field after the game dreams of one day playing in the program. I remember when this year's starters were kids themselves running wild in the field after the games. If you ask me about National Rankings...here is my response...

Maryville's program speaks for itself. A 65 game win streak, a trophy case full of state championships, and a tradition of excellence. Is this year's team or any of the past 4 year's teams among the elite in the nation as far as talent goes? Probably not. During this 65 game streak, Maryville has faced many teams with better athletes...bigger, faster, stronger. However, they have not faced a better team. That is what makes high school sports so great...it is not about individuals, it is about team. These kids believe they will win every game, prepare for every game as if it were the state, are coached by an incredible staff, and work hard throughout the year. So...how does Maryville rate against these elite teams in the nation? I wouldn't bet against them...even if the stats and the D1 prospects suggest otherwise.

Hand us our heads on a platter....why can't people give these kids the respect they have earned...and they have earned it.

Well , i know that at least 2 were against the team that your team has had the most trouble with this year ... Hillsboro .....ya just another little old 4A team .. wasn't it ..

but do you see Kwoodruff why I'm tired of this ? One of your own here wants to try and diminish 65 wins ... like I said , why is it so hard to just say , nice going guys ? I'm secure enough with what my team has done to where I can recognize other team's achievements also ... can you Bigreddad?

I've said it over and over , Maryville is to public schools what MBA & BA are to privates .... there , I didn't bring up teams in California , or Texas , or anywhere , that would wear your team out I recognize them both as great teams with great tradition and great success. Why do I need to point out who all I think could beat them now ?

Well , i know that at least 2 were against the team that your team has had the most trouble with this year ... Hillsboro .....ya just another little old 4A team .. wasn't it ..

but do you see Kwoodruff why I'm tired of this ? One of your own here wants to try and diminish 65 wins ... like I said , why is it so hard to just say , nice going guys ? I'm secure enough with what my team has done to where I can recognize other team's achievements also ... can you Bigreddad?

I've said it over and over , Maryville is to public schools what MBA & BA are to privates .... there , I didn't bring up teams in California , or Texas , or anywhere , that would wear your team out I recognize them both as great teams with great tradition and great success. Why do I need to point out who all I think could beat them now ?

Take some prosac pepvol, good gracious I just asked a question. You are suspiciously thin skinned when ever anybody brings up the quality of your schedule. Of the 21 schools you have beaten in the last 65 only 7 have you not played repeatedly, I'm sorry if you are offended by me bringing it up. I will admit that I know nothing about the quality of the other 14 schools you have played. By the way in the last 65 games by my count MBA has played 22 different teams. They included Louisville Trinity (4), Southhaven MS (2), Byrnes SC (we got killed), Dunbar KY, Antioch (2), Independence (state runner-up 5A), Hillsboro (2), Ravenwood, and Moeller OH.

I understand why you are tired of this. You think that a 65 game winning streak gives you the right to claim to be the best, and you don't like it when you have to defend that schedule against those that say it is weak. Those of us on the other side that have to listen to the Maryville "crowing" get a little tired of hearing that as well. I doubt that we would be hearing about a 65 game winning streak if Maryville played the out of region games MBA has.

News Flash...

The city of Maryville will be moving to FL or Cal in order to obtain a tougher public school football schedule. This move is to please BigRedDaddy and other haters. The city will begin packing alll their belongings and hoped to be moved by Fall 2010.

We are a public school...we play our region, county rivals (2A state champs and 2 5a schools), and the best the state of TN has in the playoffs. We are bound by a budget.

btw , RedTwin , I also think that Maryville and MBA could beat all the 1A - 3A Teams in Tennessee , so do you want to join me in going to all of their threads and making sure that they all know we'd hand them their head on a platter ? We must NOT let them think that their success means anything .... right ?? Sorry , I think that It's you guys who just don't get it .

I get it. KWoodroof said in a thread about his team AND your team that BOTH teams would get beaten by the best teams in FL, which almost goes without saying. It's not an outlandish statement at all.

I've been on this board longer than most, and you'd be hard pressed to find the last time I said anything about Maryville or their schedule. I've already heard it all, and it's not going to change, and I really don't care.

You might want to take a deep breath. You're getting awfully worked up over nothing.

what makes maryville so special they play 2 teams out of their region that arent that impressive..they always blow out alcoa and blount isnt that impressive either. Franklin on the other hand plays McCallie and won, last years pwerhouse Hillsboro and won. And we could compare Ravenwood too except for the loss to Goodpasture and Franklin cuz they beat BA. Anyone can play in a weak division when they should be up a division and blow eveyone out. Its time to play with the big dogs and quit bein the bullys i dont see why a team that owns weak teams is ranked so high i just dont get it

National high school rankings are indeed tough to swallow, considering that there are, what, 10,000+ high schools to assess? Heck, rankings of 120 or so FCS (Division I-A) college teams causes enough controversy, particularly around BCS bowl season.

Nevertheless, these rankings are here to stay, and they actually are getting a little better - at least the end-of-season ones, which allow a retrospective look at teams and not the difficult forward-looking that mid-season rankings require. With the number of matchups occurring between schools from different states on the rise significantly, thanks to events like The Herbie as well as corporate sponsorships and ESPN and Fox, it is becoming a little bit easier for the number crunchers to perform strength-of-schedule analysis, mitigating the issue that once existed where there were fewer intra-state matchups and therefore much more difficulty in assessing the relative strength of schools from different states.

While acknowledging that national polls are a crapshoot, I have done some research on these over the summer. Let's remember, schools aren't asking to be "ranked"; we shouldn't fault them when they make an appearance, no matter how warped the polls may be. Anyway, while Maryville, MBA, Riverdale, and Red Bank are the only Tennessee schools that have been in final rankings this decade, going back to older polls, there is quite a bit of Tennessee representation. Check out some of these old polls here - some of you younger fans may surprisngly find your school listed.

Good post as usual. Especially considering the ones that followed. Congrats to both MBA and Maryville for the hard work and accomplishments.