It's going to be another looooong year for Sequoyah.

WreckingCrew

I don't remember anyone saying that Sequoyah would push Central, Howard and Polk for the top spot. I still believe Sequoyah has one of the better O-lines in the region they had I think around 140 yard rushing against Central, and they for the most part have to go both ways. There have been some changes made that you can not put on the kids. It is the same O-line that handed Rhea County there head in the spring. They did not play well against ND again not all there fault. No one was on here bragging about the defensive line play. These kids have worked just as hard as Centrals, they don't have as many athletes, but they have worked just as hard. It is pretty low class to bash someone when they are down, especially when they work hard at trying to get better. It is clear that you don't know how to act at the top of the flag pole. It was just 3 years ago that the Chiefs beat Central 30-6, I think was the score. Why don't you just enjoy the ride without having that ride at someone else's expense. Have fun in finger painting class. Next I would recommend a spelling class.

Hey Doc. Golly, I do hate to embarrass you, but you call me out on spelling when yours is atrocious?!?!? In the spirit of good sportsmanship, and the fact that you and your fellow Sequoyah fans are grieving over your team not having won a game, I'm going to edit your post for you (below)

I don't remember anyone saying that Sequoyah would push Central, Howard and Polk for the top spot.

I still believe Sequoyah has one of the better O-lines in the region.(end of sentence, need a period here)

T (capital letter - new sentence)hey had I think around 140 yard rushing against Central, and they (I know your nervous, but quit double spacing) for the most part have to go both ways.

There have been some changes made that you can't (it's called a conjunction) put on the kids. (I have no idea what this mean, but nonetheless.......)

It is the same O-line that handed Rhea County their (their shows ownership, there is a location) head in the spring.

They did not play well against ND, (use comma when changing intent) again not all their (same mistake using there, bless your heart) fault.

No one was on here bragging about the defensive line play.

These kids have worked just as hard as Central's. (use period at end of sentence)

T (use capital letter when starting a new sentence)hey don't have as many athletes, but they have worked just as hard.

It is pretty low class to bash someone when they are down, especially when they work hard at trying to get better. It is clear that you don't know how to act at the top of the flag pole. It was just 3 years ago that the Chiefs beat Central 30-6, I think was the score. Why don't you just enjoy the ride without having that ride at someone else's expense. Have fun in finger painting class. Next I would recommend a spelling class.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on that. Central's transfers have not made them a better team at all, especially at the QB position. The two transfers give Central more talented depth, but the Chargers would be an even more explosive team with Jackson at QB.

You got to be kidding!! Adding D. J. King to DE opposite Stiles has definitely made the defense better. And yes Jackson is very tallented but IMO Rayl throws a more "catchable" ball consistantly. If you know Coach D as well as you say, surely you would know he is going to put the BEST on the field together that gives us the best chance to win the game. Jackson is getting plenty of touches out of different sets and positions. I wouldn't want to prepare a defense to try to figure out who and where the ball is going to go.

You got to be kidding!! Adding D. J. King to DE opposite Stiles has definitely made the defense better. And yes Jackson is very tallented but IMO Rayl throws a more "catchable" ball consistantly. If you know Coach D as well as you say, surely you would know he is going to put the BEST on the field together that gives us the best chance to win the game. Jackson is getting plenty of touches out of different sets and positions. I wouldn't want to prepare a defense to try to figure out who and where the ball is going to go.

Brandon is going to put the best on the field based on his opinion - which he should since he is head coach. I just have a different opinion of who needs to be lined up at QB. He asked my opinion so he knows how I feel, but he still does it his way, WHICH HE SHOULD. But....I'd bet a dollar to a donut that in a tight game, with the outcome unknown in the second half, he WILL put Mr. J at QB.

The defense hasn't been fully tested, and won't be until they play Howard. But the real test will come in the playoffs, starting in round 2.

So in your mind Central is just a slightly above average team? Your right this is a weak region, there is no debating that. And I do think Central will be decent again next year, but after that its right back down to the bottom for the Chargers ( I have seen your JV's play.). The only consistantly good program in this region is just south of you guys at Polk Co.

When is the last time Polk County won a region championship? Not in the last two decades. They were just like Central was three years ago and Sequoyah is this year. The Cats did not win very many until Coach Davis arrived. He turned it around like Derrick has done at Central.Things run in cycles around . Ask Meigs County. Sequoyah, Meigs, Polk and Central will always go through the ups and downs.

Yes, you saw our JV play BUT in the end it is how those players develope over a period of time. The Chiefs have 15 seniors on their roster. Normally that would be an advantage. The Chargers have 25 juniors on this year's team. The defense will return almost intact for 2009. Three out of 5 offensive lineman that started against the Chiefs return. Another starter that is a junior is injured. Yes we lose some very good players . Point is that most of the JV that is playing this year will get another year to develope and two more years in the wieght room. Most kids change alot between the freshman and junior years.

Good luck against the Pioneers. You guys are tough at home. This would be a good week to start turning things around.

Thank you for recognizing that I am equal and fair in my assessment, whether it be Central or any other team.

I commend you for noting that in general it does not matter who does what in the youth programs. Different kids mature mentally and physically at diffferent stages of life.

Other factors:

How well the young men bond together when they are together in high from different elementary schools?

Their situation at home.

Discovering girls.

How well the coach is able to determine who is best suited for what position, and impressing on them that NO ONE player is begger than the "team". (Building quality depth and playing them all a lot in each game!)

I've seen great freshman teams who didn't do well as varsity teams. I've seen terrible freshman teams who excelled as a varsity team.

Now this is an excellent post, and this is so true.

When is the last time Polk County won a region championship? Not in the last two decades. They were just like Central was three years ago and Sequoyah is this year. The Cats did not win very many until Coach Davis arrived. He turned it around like Derrick has done at Central.Things run in cycles around . Ask Meigs County. Sequoyah, Meigs, Polk and Central will always go through the ups and downs.

Yes, you saw our JV play BUT in the end it is how those players develope over a period of time. The Chiefs have 15 seniors on their roster. Normally that would be an advantage. The Chargers have 25 juniors on this year's team. The defense will return almost intact for 2009. Three out of 5 offensive lineman that started against the Chiefs return. Another starter that is a junior is injured. Yes we lose some very good players . Point is that most of the JV that is playing this year will get another year to develope and two more years in the wieght room. Most kids change alot between the freshman and junior years.

Good luck against the Pioneers. You guys are tough at home. This would be a good week to start turning things around.

I said Polk was a good program. out of the teams in this region since 2000 till now counting the records so far this year.

wins - loses

1. Polk Co. 61 - 32

2. Meigs Co. 56 - 35

3. East Ridge 49 - 43

4. Notre Dame 48 - 47

5. Howard 43 - 45

6. Grundy Co. 42 - 50

7. McMinn Cent. 30 - 58

8. Sequoyah 18 - 68

9. Tellico Plains 16 - 70

Polk has been the most consistant program. That was my point. They have done it with their system, not because they have had better tallent. You have to give credit were it is due. Talent runs in cycles not good programs.

I said Polk was a good program. out of the teams in this region since 2000 till now counting the records so far this year.

wins - loses

1. Polk Co. 61 - 32

2. Meigs Co. 56 - 35

3. East Ridge 49 - 43

4. Notre Dame 48 - 47

5. Howard 43 - 45

6. Grundy Co. 42 - 50

7. McMinn Cent. 30 - 58

8. Sequoyah 18 - 68

9. Tellico Plains 16 - 70

Polk has been the most consistant program. That was my point. They have done it with their system, not because they have had better tallent. You have to give credit were it is due. Talent runs in cycles not good programs.

Polk Co. certainly deserves credit for being the best team in this region so far this decade. The Wildcats have had some talent, but I would agree with you that they've done it more with their system. Polk and Meigs have both had similar success with less talent than a lot teams in this region, but have won because they were just mentally and physically tougher.