bruceton

Btownboy

Wow I don't know when bruceton has ever started a season 0 and 3 I mean They have had rebuidling years in the past but I don't remember there EVER being one like this. Is it the difference in coachin staff? Is bruceton finally out of Willises? what is goin on? Is bruceton football coming to and end? Someone Please tell me something and hopefully some good news. I mean I think more have quit and gotten hurt this year from what I've heard than they have players left. Has there just been a big drop in the intrest in football for students or have the coaches run them off somehow

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They start a bunch of freshman and sophomores. They only have three seniors and one junior. The 9th and 10th graders are playing but just lack bunch of experience. Those seniors last year had been starting for three years. I bet if we are patient and keep supporting the Tigers they will bounce back. Didnt get to come last night but last week I counted seven 9th and 10th graders in the starting line up. They have played three solid teams and South Fulton must be good.

Wow I don't know when bruceton has ever started a season 0 and 3 I mean They have had rebuidling years in the past but I don't remember there EVER being one like this. Is it the difference in coachin staff? Is bruceton finally out of Willises? what is goin on? Is bruceton football coming to and end? Someone Please tell me something and hopefully some good news. I mean I think more have quit and gotten hurt this year from what I've heard than they have players left. Has there just been a big drop in the intrest in football for students or have the coaches run them off somehow

from what i hear you may be on to something about the coaches

Let me say this up front. Bruceton would be having a poor year this year no matter

who is coaching, but it would probably not have been near this pronounced during the

Sturdivant / McGee era. It would have been a 5-5 or 6-4 year and I think we are looking at 1-9

or 0-10.

Bruceton has been going down hill for 5 or 6 years now. We all know that the coaching staff has not

made the best of what they have had. They have tried to change a system that has been a very successful

through the years and they have failed.

The interest is definitely down. People just are not enthused about going out to the ballgame like they once were.

Many of my friends, who used to be regulars on Friday night have simply become so discouraged

that they have stopped attending games.It is not just the fact that they are losing. They just don't want to see the same old mistakes over and over and that is what we have been seeing for about 5 years.

I not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, the coaches are all great guys, and I am not saying

anything negative about anyone personally, but I feel many people in the community, including myself,

would like to see some changes made in the coaching ranks in Bruceton.

They are a number of home town Bruceton boys coaching in schools all around West Tennessee that could help

restore the roar at Bruceton, and some new guys working at the school now could probably do a very good job given the chance. I believe that some of these guys could cause a spark in the youth and the town that would bring the excitement back and restore us to what we once were when it was not any trouble to get the kids out on the field and they really wanted to play football.

I hope that the administration will take a long look at the situation at the end of the year, and seriously consider taking some steps to resurrect what was just a few short years ago, one of the best 1A programs in the state, that has now become not even a perennial playoff contender in an era that sends 4 from every region.

I know this will upset some and I apologize in advance to anyone who this upsets, but this is just how I see it, and I know there are many other alumni and former players out there that feel the same as I do.

Let me say this up front. Bruceton would be having a poor year this year no matter

who is coaching, but it would probably not have been near this pronounced during the

Sturdivant / McGee era. It would have been a 5-5 or 6-4 year and I think we are looking at 1-9

or 0-10.

Bruceton has been going down hill for 5 or 6 years now. We all know that the coaching staff has not

made the best of what they have had. They have tried to change a system that has been a very successful

The interest is definitely down. People just are not enthused about going out to the ballgame like they once were.

Many of my friends, who used to be regulars on Friday night have simply become so discouraged

that they have stopped attending games.It is not just the fact that they are losing. They just don't want to see the same old mistakes over and over and that is what we have been seeing for about 5 years.

I not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, the coaches are all great guys, and I am not saying

anything negative about anyone personally, but I feel many people in the community, including myself,

They are a number of home town Bruceton boys coaching in schools all around West Tennessee that could help

restore the roar at Bruceton, and some new guys working at the school now could probably do a very good job given the chance. I believe that some of these guys could cause a spark in the youth and the town that would bring the excitement back and restore us to what we once were when it was not any trouble to get the kids out on the field and they really wanted to play football.

I hope that the administration will take a long look at the situation at the end of the year, and seriously consider taking some steps to resurrect what was just a few short years ago, one of the best 1A programs in the state, that has now become not even a perennial playoff contender in an era that sends 4 from every region.

I know this will upset some and I apologize in advance to anyone who this upsets, but this is just how I see it, and I know there are many other alumni and former players out there that feel the same as I do.

I am not from Bruceton but I do keep up with them. They are starting a lot of young players that are going to make mistakes. I really don't think that the Sturdivant/Mcgee combo would make a great difference in this years team. give these kids some time and all will be well again over there in Carroll County. If I recall right they were second in the region last year to the state runner up.

I am not from Bruceton but I do keep up with them. They are starting a lot of young players that are going to make mistakes. I really don't think that the Sturdivant/Mcgee combo would make a great difference in this years team. give these kids some time and all will be well again over there in Carroll County. If I recall right they were second in the region last year to the state runner up.

I'm not sayin that they could have made a lot of difference this year but mcgee and studivant could have taken several of the last 5 teams DEEP int the playoffs and yet the current coaches are lucky to make it to the playoffs. and the lack in number of kids that are playin are due to a lack of respect for the coaches and a lack of given respect from the coaches. And I mean the ones that are there not some that have been there and left

or 0-10.

The only good I can see out of a post like this.....it gives the kids someone to blame for whatever reason they have a bad season.."its the coaches fault we lost" With so many underclassmen it would be hard for any team to compete. In a year or two with the experience the kids are getting, Bruceton will start reaping the benefits and appreciate the success a lot more. No one person is prefect, or player. Time will take care of this.....but excuses are made to have a reason for losing. Find the postive and push it.

Bruceton would be having a poor year this year no matter

who is coaching

I recognize that Bruceton starts a lot of young kids this year. They are in a rebuilding year.

As far as being positive, I do see a lot of talent in the upcoming junior high kids and the Freshman and

Sophomore class of this year have some talented young players, but can we keep them out? That has been an issue over the past few years and I think BTownBoy is on to something in his post.

I think they have around 24 or so. I am not sure about how many have quit. They quit and come back, quit and come

back.

Several are injured as well.

They do still have a Willis. He is a junior (?) and looks to have pretty good speed.

I believe he is injured though.

Lion Pride,

The Lions had to make some changes to move that program along to where it is now though!

A few years ago they were where we are now, they have a great program and a great bunch of coaches.

I wish we had a couple of them. LOL

If Chad Jordan had not been playing the past two season, Bruceton would have had the same result as this season.

I have to some what agree wit you about jordan, But that has been bruceton football. Get a good back field and teach the line to give him a hole to run through. The only proble m wit the game plan now is that there hasn't been any one to get the line to give them holes. I know that jordan had some good games and some big holes but I have to say look who they were against. The line didn't know how to handle bigger tougher lineman from schools like Mckenzie and TCA. And even worse the offensive coordinator seemed to keep calling the same plays over and over no matter how many times they DIDN'T work. And as far as camden Yall got yourselves some GREAT coaches to build yalls program congrats.