Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins

huskergymnast33

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I am getting chills just thinking about this game. The rebels are coming off a huge win, plus they have a bye. If they do not get over confident and play their game, they will be hard to beat. But everyone knows how good of a team Brentwood is (even if the Lost to Ravenwood), and also how crazy this rivalry game is. I know that FHS will be prepared and ready after that heartbreaking loss last year. Good Luck Rebels, and don't forget your role.

Alright, lets get the discussion going two weeks before the game! I like this.

Franklin is playing great, defensively the d-line has been playing great. On offense, they seem to almost be unstopable with the run. Lee and Ford have both been playing great. Lee is coming off of a great game against Indy last night. Franklin will have to not lose focus and not let the bye week let them get over confident. If they don't let this happen, then they should be able to get the revenge that they want after that upsetting loss to Brentwood last year.

I don't believe its #1 vs #2, After last night I believe its #1 vs #3. Anyway Franklin is a cut above all teams in the region and should make it to state if the players play and coaches stay out of the way. Advice: RUN the ball Franklin, no one can stop you. Forget the pass, you don't need it.

I don't believe its #1 vs #2, After last night I believe its #1 vs #3. Anyway Franklin is a cut above all teams in the region and should make it to state if the players play and coaches stay out of the way. Advice: RUN the ball Franklin, no one can stop you. Forget the pass, you don't need it.

Can you please tell me who you think #2 is then? I'm a little lost on your logic.

(5-0) Franklin hosts the (4-1 [currently]) Brentwood Bruins in two weeks. It is two of the best teams in the state, it is two teams with a history, and two teams that are consistent competitors (year-after-year)

It is #1 vs #2 on Friday night at Howard Gamble Stadium, can you possibly ask for more?

Absolutely not...so are you coming to see this game?

Wrong... the pass is necessary...its called a balanced attack. I know Combos, Walkup, Jackson, "Texas," Maurer,

Shelton, and Roan, can open the holes for Keylo and Alex, but the offensive line also can hold off defensive opponents allowing Nichols to pick his targets - Eaton, Starnes, Sellers, or whoever else is open. Brentwood will be tough enough and a balanced attack - keeping the Bruins guessing where we will strike next - is the way to win! Rebels, stay focused as a TEAM and keep your arsenial full of possibilities/opportunities!

No "rebbacker" I will not be able to come to this game (I am currently up in Nebraska going to school & training (notice the screen-name). I would love to though, those guys put alot of hard work in during this off-season, I am happy to see that it is paying-off.

I am sorry if I created the thread a little to early, I just noticed a few comments being posted on the FHS vs IHS thread about this upcoming game so I decided to start a thread for opinions about this game. Once again, sorry for the confusion (2priceless)

"redbacker" I am sorry, But I am not fully understanding what you are asking? (absolutely not???). And if the question is "am I able to watch the game?", the answer in "No, because I am up in Nebraska, going to school (notice the screen-name)

I am sorry if I created the thread a little to early, I just noticed a few comments being posted on the FHS vs IHS thread about this upcoming game so I decided to start a thread for opinions about this game. Once again, sorry for the confusion

Thought the screen name was Nebraska fan - just didn't know you were a student...you appear well informed!

Absolutely not refers to "Can you ask for anything more?" Absolutely not means ...nope I can't ask for anything more than to watch this potentially exciting game! This will the best! Sorry if I confused you...I'm just so darned excited about this game! I WANT to see the Rebels avenge last year's game...I want the Rebels to focus only one game at a time! I get hoarse at every game yelling my fool head off for the Rebels! I can't eat the day of a game due to nervous stomach... I watch my son play his heart out every second of the game... and pray for no injuries on either team.

I sure wish you could be here in person to see the intensity, dedication, determination, and "grit" these players show every time they walk out on the field! I am eternally grateful to the coaches for bringing the"best" out of each player - inspiring them every day to give their all at the games while showing good sportsmanship. And I thank God my son has coaches who have instilled in him his responsibility as a senior to show leadership and "team" on the field and in life.

Guess I went overboard! Thanks for starting the thread early...I got to step on my soapbox! I'm off for now!