David Lipscomb at Goodpasture

BAeagle90

I guess Lipscomb wants to think that Goopdasture is loaded this year and when Dl beats them by 30 or more, people will say that Lipscomb is just awesome. They don't want to hear that Goodpasture is having a down year.

There is a difference between rebuilding and reloading.

[/quote/]

Lipscomb realizes the cougars are stuggling. The cougars as a team does not have as many seniors on the team, but they do have a decent amount on the field. Yes Lipscomb is reloaded and the Cougars are struggling with their loses. Lipscomb is just a better team this year thanks to coach mac buiding the depth he does every year. Lipscomb still will not overlook the Cougars. Though they appear to have a much better team they know this rivalry is always a tough one. They will come out hitting them in the mouth and they expect the Cougars to do the same. I still look for the Mustangs to win by 3 touchdowns.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame Goodpastures poor success thus far on a rebuilding year. That's an easy excuse. Lipscomb is supposed to have a rebuilding year every year. However, they always end up with one of the best teams around. Not at all saying the Cougars dont. They have a fantastic program. I just dont think your correct saying the Cougars will lose because of a rebuilding year. I think the Mustangs are just alot better.

DLHS: 42

GOODPASTURE:7

when the Mustangs pull the starters. The cougars will then probably put up another score on the JV

does anyone know how good goodpasture is this year

No matter who you are pulling for, come on out and watch a great rivalry between two

great programs. As of right now Goodpasture leads the series 20-19 so as you can tell

they always play each other tough. David Lipscomb is favored and well deserved but

don't count out the Cougars when it comes to this rivalry. Good luck to both teams, have

a safe drive and I hope none of the players on either team gets injured.

This will be the year for lipscomb to pile it on, but then again its lipscomb, they never can

I dont think its that they never can I just believe they never want too. In their games when they come out after the half and are already 21 to 14 points up and break your back by running the trap for 80 yards this is usually the time that the backups get some playing time. I believe Coach McAdams is a great guy and does not want to run up the score on anyone. If they wanted to when you are piling up on the run in the second half and they are running up the clock they could and should against a few teams drop back and fling it deep to Rogers and run the scoreboard out of numbers.

This will be the year for lipscomb to pile it on, but then again its lipscomb, they never can

Coach Mac will never intentionally score more than 42 points. Also when lipscomb is up by four scores he puts in the the JV. This is his secret to reloading every year. Most of the time the varsity only has to play a half or 3 quarters on Friday night. He then puts in the JV of Juniors primarily and gets them live Friday night experience in addition to a 10 game JV schedule. Friday night will be a four quarter game and the Stangs will prevail but will earn every bit of it.

You clearly never watch the Mustangs. They can pile it on as much as they want in most games of the season. Coach Mac just wont. He is a class act. I have never heard of a coach allowing two strait delay of game penalties to intentionally not score. He did this against Greenbrier earlier in the season. Last year against Cheatham County the Mustangs were up 28-0 six minutes into the game, and the final score was 42-0. I dont think the Cub defense had anything to do with that.. Coach Mac will not embarrass his opponents by scoring ridiculous amounts of points though he could almost every week. This is not one of those weeks however. This is such a great rivalry the kids a Goodpasture wont allow it. On the field these two teams hate each other and will give all they have to win.

Lipscomb by 2 or 3 touchdowns