HCHS Bulldogs Breakout

dawgballfan

it took 3 games, but it looked like the dawgs of old last night against Harpeth......finally, the defense and the offense decided to turn it on, especially in the 2nd half against a decent Harpeth Indian team.....DJ, Sowell, and Jenkins really stepped up their efforts on the offensive side of the ball and showed the fans what they can look forward to the rest of the year....Nick Naive certainly proved to be a monster on the defensive side....he had another great effort to follow up the game against Waverly in which he returned an interception some 80 yards for a TD.....now maybe everyone will put former coach Swensen in the past and get behind coach Patt and his staff....Patterson has done a splendid job with these young men and has begun to show that he was truly the best candidate for the job....looking forward to the rest of an exciting season! GO DAWGS!!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still would rather have had Swenson in for this year. Things have come full circle and he parted ways. Our new coach is doing fine, we just have had to make some adjustments. Yes it is coming together, things are starting to click, I did not see my dawgs play last night, but talked to some of my boys on the team. 729 baby.

A "decent Harpeth team"??????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That is just too funny. Harpeth is 1-3 on the year. They lost to Waverly Central & East Robertson. They also lost to Hickman Co. The win was against a pathetic Loretto squad.

Harpeth has FRA this week. They have Lewis Co. next week. In the final three weeks they have Richland, Fairview, and Sycamore. THEY WILL NOT WIN A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMES!!!!!

If Harpeth beats East Hickman they will be 2-8. If they lose to East Hickman they will be 1-9.

Being "decent" at least requires somewhere in the area of 4-6, 5-5, & 6-4. Good teams go 7-3 & 8-2. Great teams go 9-1 & 10-0. Bad teams go 3-7 & 2-8. Pathetic teams go 1-9 & 0-10.

Harpeth is a "bad team" AT BEST................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A "decent Harpeth team"??????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That is just too funny. Harpeth is 1-3 on the year. They lost to Waverly Central & East Robertson. They also lost to Hickman Co. The win was against a pathetic Loretto squad.

Harpeth has FRA this week. They have Lewis Co. next week. In the final three weeks they have Richland, Fairview, and Sycamore. THEY WILL NOT WIN A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMES!!!!!

If Harpeth beats East Hickman they will be 2-8. If they lose to East Hickman they will be 1-9.

Being "decent" at least requires somewhere in the area of 4-6, 5-5, & 6-4. Good teams go 7-3 & 8-2. Great teams go 9-1 & 10-0. Bad teams go 3-7 & 2-8. Pathetic teams go 1-9 & 0-10.

Harpeth is a "bad team" AT BEST................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where's this coming from Catfish? The Waverly game was a 3 point game until Harpeth didn't convert on a 4th down in their territory and Wavo tacked on a late TD. East Robertson went to OT. The scores for East Rob and Hickman Co are incorrect for what it's worth. 20-17 East Rob and 31-14 Hickman. They led Waverly into the 4th period and led against East Rob deep into the game. They trailed Hickman County 12-7 at the half with 4 freakin' turnovers! Two of them inside their own 25. They should be in every other ball game that they play this season, Lewis County being the possible exception. Harpeth will win their 4 or 5 games before it's all over. Book it.

Now, depth has been a problem and they'll have to depend on some freshmen and sophomore depth to keep the 1st team from getting gassed which is exactly what happened this past Friday. Sowell had 31 yards at halftime. The fullback did hit a dive play for a long touchdown, but Harpeth was in this game despite themselves. They ran out of gas somewhere in the third quarter. That does need to be addressed.

The scouting report on Hickman County is going to be to put 9 in the box and make them beat you through the air. Their offense this year does not have the deception that the wing T had last year, though they still have the same stable of good running backs. Make them beat you through the air.

dude, get your facts straight before you come on here.....next time, try to make some "decent" comments

I have tremendous respect for Harpeth basketball on the boys and girls side of things. With that said ksgovols the Indians football program kind of took a step back IMO when they refused to continue playing Cheatham Co. following the 2006 season. They play Sycamore still. Why won't they play Cheatham Co.??????

Cheatham Co. can't be named official "County Champs" for 2008 because while they beat Sycamore two weeks ago they do not have the opportunity to play Harpeth. Instead they had to go find a game for Gordonsville each of the last two years.

I find it to be CHEAP that while Cheatham Co. was rolling in the middle 90's Harpeth refused to play them for a two year period (1997 & 1998). From 1997-2001 Harpeth was a very good football program. When Sycamore opened and the schedules were redone in 1999 the Harpeth people were begging Cheatham Co. to play. While Cheatham Co. was 4A it is well known that they were being gutted by the emergence of Sycamore. With that in mind from 1999 to 2002 the Harpeth Indians beat Cheatham Co. in every football game the two played against one another. After Finley came in and established the football program back to dominance the Harpeth people decided to again decide it would be best not to play Cheatham Co.

That sounds to me like:

Harpeth does not want to play Cheatham Co. when the Cubs are doing good.

Harpeth does want to play Cheatham Co. when the Cubs are awful.

Coach Finley has never ran up the score on Harpeth by any means. In 2004 & 2005 (but certainly more so in '04) the Cubs could have layed a HUGE NUMBER on the Indians. Harpeth was "down" and Cheatham Co. was beginning to become a football power again. In 2004 the Cubs didn't do it because Coach Winkler is a guy who never deserved to have anything like what occurred that year happen to him. In 2005 it wouldn't have been "right' to do it to Coach Loope in his first game ever as the head coach at Harpeth.

IF ANY HARPETH FAN/COACH/PLAYER CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ELECT TO PLAY SYCAMORE BUT REFUSE TO PLAY CHEATHAM COUNTY IN FOOTBALL PLEASE SAY SOMETHING..........................

I have tremendous respect for Harpeth basketball on the boys and girls side of things. With that said ksgovols the Indians football program kind of took a step back IMO when they refused to continue playing Cheatham Co. following the 2006 season. They play Sycamore still. Why won't they play Cheatham Co.??????

Cheatham Co. can't be named official "County Champs" for 2008 because while they beat Sycamore two weeks ago they do not have the opportunity to play Harpeth. Instead they had to go find a game for Gordonsville each of the last two years.

I find it to be CHEAP that while Cheatham Co. was rolling in the middle 90's Harpeth refused to play them for a two year period (1997 & 1998). From 1997-2001 Harpeth was a very good football program. When Sycamore opened and the schedules were redone in 1999 the Harpeth people were begging Cheatham Co. to play. While Cheatham Co. was 4A it is well known that they were being gutted by the emergence of Sycamore. With that in mind from 1999 to 2002 the Harpeth Indians beat Cheatham Co. in every football game the two played against one another. After Finley came in and established the football program back to dominance the Harpeth people decided to again decide it would be best not to play Cheatham Co.

That sounds to me like:

Harpeth does not want to play Cheatham Co. when the Cubs are doing good.

Harpeth does want to play Cheatham Co. when the Cubs are awful.

Coach Finley has never ran up the score on Harpeth by any means. In 2004 & 2005 (but certainly more so in '04) the Cubs could have layed a HUGE NUMBER on the Indians. Harpeth was "down" and Cheatham Co. was beginning to become a football power again. In 2004 the Cubs didn't do it because Coach Winkler is a guy who never deserved to have anything like what occurred that year happen to him. In 2005 it wouldn't have been "right' to do it to Coach Loope in his first game ever as the head coach at Harpeth.

IF ANY HARPETH FAN/COACH/PLAYER CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ELECT TO PLAY SYCAMORE BUT REFUSE TO PLAY CHEATHAM COUNTY IN FOOTBALL PLEASE SAY SOMETHING..........................

Well I got my answer.

Harpeth would have been better off playing Cheatham rather than Sycamore last year. The fact is that these county rivalries are cyclical in nature. Sycamore is Harpeth's #1 rival across the board at this point in time. That's just how it is. Cheatham County is our second biggest rival. Girls basketball is the exception.

Secondly, the Z plan in the 2A football playoffs is based only on wins. At this point in Harpeth's rebuilding, they need wins more than rivalry games to get to the playoffs. The 2A games versus Waverly and FRA and 1A East Robertson from the old 6-2A district plus the one rivalry game with Sycamore is enough. I wouldn't call Cheatham County's latest outings 'dominant'. They are back to being pretty competitive, but Sycamore has displayed more dominance in the last 5-6 years. Again, from a competitive standpoint, Harpeth would have been better off scheduling Cheatham last year IMO.

County championships are good for what? Harpeth doesn't recognize any sort of county championship at their school that I'm aware and they're the smallest school in the county and have held their own historically, particularly in basketball and baseball and in football during the Tant run. If you want to hang a 'county championship' on the fence at the football field at CCCHS, have at it. Nobody on the south end of the county will mind, I can assure you. I think the last middle school football win Cheatham had over Harpeth was in 2004. I don't think Harpeth is running by any means. It's a little cheaper than playing Cheatham just from a vandalism standpoint. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> They have a student body that's pretty adept with a spray can of paint as both Harpeth and Sycamore can attest.

Next year the football districts will mimic the baseball and basketball districts. What a stroke of genious by the TSSAA! Now, all the rivalries will be the same in every sport. The downside for Cheatham and Harpeth is that Sycamore will likely be moved to a Greenbriar, White House, Springfield district and they'll be the ones making the decisions on which rivalry game to keep.

Well I got my answer.

Harpeth would have been better off playing Cheatham rather than Sycamore last year. The fact is that these county rivalries are cyclical in nature. Sycamore is Harpeth's #1 rival across the board at this point in time. That's just how it is. Cheatham County is our second biggest rival. Girls basketball is the exception.

Secondly, the Z plan in the 2A football playoffs is based only on wins. At this point in Harpeth's rebuilding, they need wins more than rivalry games to get to the playoffs. The 2A games versus Waverly and FRA and 1A East Robertson from the old 6-2A district plus the one rivalry game with Sycamore is enough. I wouldn't call Cheatham County's latest outings 'dominant'. They are back to being pretty competitive, but Sycamore has displayed more dominance in the last 5-6 years. Again, from a competitive standpoint, Harpeth would have been better off scheduling Cheatham last year IMO.

County championships are good for what? Harpeth doesn't recognize any sort of county championship at their school that I'm aware and they're the smallest school in the county and have held their own historically, particularly in basketball and baseball and in football during the Tant run. If you want to hang a 'county championship' on the fence at the football field at CCCHS, have at it. Nobody on the south end of the county will mind, I can assure you. I think the last middle school football win Cheatham had over Harpeth was in 2004. I don't think Harpeth is running by any means. It's a little cheaper than playing Cheatham just from a vandalism standpoint. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> They have a student body that's pretty adept with a spray can of paint as both Harpeth and Sycamore can attest.

Next year the football districts will mimic the baseball and basketball districts. What a stroke of genious by the TSSAA! Now, all the rivalries will be the same in every sport. The downside for Cheatham and Harpeth is that Sycamore will likely be moved to a Greenbriar, White House, Springfield district and they'll be the ones making the decisions on which rivalry game to keep.

Harpeth is the football county champions from the years 1999 & 2000. They beat both Cheatham Co. & Sycamore each of those seasons. Whether they recognize it or not is another issue.

Sycamore certainly recognizes it's county championships. 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, & 2007 were all years in which the War Eagles beat both Cheatham Co. & Harpeth.

Cheatham Co. beat both Sycamore & Harpeth in 2003 & 2005. I would say that 2008 likely would be added to that list if they had an opportunity to play Harpeth (because they already beat Sycamore).

County Championships are good for BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!