East hickman vs. Adamsville

spookspann08

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the people that are supporters, but i just wanted to say talking down coaches wont hurt anyone but the team, just rember its alot easier to coach a championship team than a 0-4 team, we have a great coaching staff they're just in a hard situation, you'll see this when some of the players attitude changes

Talking down the coaches????? I heard this last game the coach was calling out some of the players, blaming them?????? Had them actually crying.....? Is this a great coaching staff ? From what i seen those kids were giving it all, doing all they can do......but evidently not good enough. These are kids, what do you expect them to do, they have voices too, just too scared of retaliation to say anything. Due to so many quitting or being canned, many if not all have to play both sides of the ball, they still never give up. I am starting to get frustrated with this situation actually.

I feel real bad for all those boys. I know they have been working real hard since the spring and were egar to get a win. I know it will come soon. Just keep your head up and keep working hard. I lost my temper and did the same thing to some of them and should have not done that. They are just high school kids and not professional athletes. Being a bully does nothing but make the kids hate you and not want to play. Keep your head up East your day is coming.

Why is East H. loseing players are they injurded or what???

No injuries, my nephew quit, I am not a supporter of quitters, stick it out no matter what, but in this case its alright by me.So many others have quit that have been in the game thier whole lifes, something is wrong. All this stuff is not nessesary, these are kids,not pros. they are supposed to be enjoying this time in High School. I expect the school system to eventually do something, A good idea would be for the Principle and a School board member to meet with each player left on the team 1 on 1 and make it confidential and get an idea what is really happening, then go from there. Football is tough, but there is a line that should not be crossed.

No injuries, my nephew quit, I am not a supporter of quitters, stick it out no matter what, but in this case its alright by me.So many others have quit that have been in the game thier whole lifes, something is wrong. All this stuff is not nessesary, these are kids,not pros. they are supposed to be enjoying this time in High School. I expect the school system to eventually do something, A good idea would be for the Principle and a School board member to meet with each player left on the team 1 on 1 and make it confidential and get an idea what is really happening, then go from there. Football is tough, but there is a line that should not be crossed.

I know East has some good players coming if they all play.I figured they would be aforce in 2 or 3 yrs .East middle school and JR. pro majors have been tuff the last couple years.I hope everything works out its hard for a coach to come in and get players to play for him and be what the coach wants.I know some coaches that are real mean but they have winning past and have been with their school for 20 yrs.Everybody needs to stick it out and support your coach and players.Everything happens for a reason.I am sure everybody in your area knows what is happening every body coaches,players,parents,school board, and faculty.

I feel real bad for all those boys. I know they have been working real hard since the spring and were egar to get a win. I know it will come soon. Just keep your head up and keep working hard. I lost my temper and did the same thing to some of them and should have not done that. They are just high school kids and not professional athletes. Being a bully does nothing but make the kids hate you and not want to play. Keep your head up East your day is coming.

Whats up Coach Smith , hope things are going good for you.

Are you coaching anywhere this year, Coach Smith?

I know East has some good players coming if they all play.I figured they would be aforce in 2 or 3 yrs .East middle school and JR. pro majors have been tuff the last couple years.I hope everything works out its hard for a coach to come in and get players to play for him and be what the coach wants.I know some coaches that are real mean but they have winning past and have been with their school for 20 yrs.Everybody needs to stick it out and support your coach and players.Everything happens for a reason.I am sure everybody in your area knows what is happening every body coaches,players,parents,school board, and faculty.

Our Juniors Sophmores and Seniors all had real good Middle School teams,at EHMS but middle school has one thing the high School dont. We loved coach Harris, so in turn loved playing the game for him. He chewed our butts for screw ups, but did not belittle us, this situation is a horse of a different color, it is borderline abuse, I would understand some of these theatrics if this was some head coach who come from a winning program and there was a actual reason for this insanity we all understand, a motive to the plot. I hear all this building a program, but nobody knows what is going on........blind leading the blind. there is no game plan, if there was everybody would understand this circus we are witnessing. Have you ever seen a football team start with 65 + and drop to 30- ? and still dropping ? Most of kids who played thier whole life????

I am actually going to be coaching at Smyrna High this spring straightuptheguy and ludawg. Was going to be in School and help out at MTSU but could not get the funds to get in. I hate that this is going on at East, last year there were a few guys that quite but to go from high spirits and 65 to 30 and dropping is not a good sign. Kinda glad I did not coach football and I was asked to leave. I do miss the kids at east but did not like being 2nd fiddle to a subpar football program. At least I got 2 wins.

I hope that those of you who support quitters over good, tough coaches do not speak for all of the East Hickman community. The coaches you all have are good guys, who will build a good program if they are allowed to build a program of tough players. Sounds to me like toughness might be in short supply out there.

Supporting quitters over good coaches....... what a joke. Grow up and toughen up!

I hope the kids that are left will have faith in the coaches, because I know for a fact that the coaches know what it takes to win.