mba vs ravenwood

whoisjeff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one other thing to consider when scheduling. You won't have to worry about the beating MBA is going to put on you. They will beat Ravenwood like a drum. Bring the crying towels, you are going to need them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I??™ll have to commend you for getting it right about the schedule comment. I did make comments to that point on scheduling and attendance benefit both teams but I couldn??™t see how scheduling has anything to do with ???beating like a drum??? and ???crying towel???.

When the team gives its very best, no more can be asked, nothing to cry about, it??™s their very best.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! That name still scares me. One would think that after a 20 year police career that included a long time with the SWAT team, my nightmares would involve shootings and such. Not at all...they revolve around having to go to the board and diagram a sentence with three different dependent clauses.

I probably won't get to sleep tonight.

aha kWoodruff...can you relate to that? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Thanks for the invite to the Spaghetti Supper. I'm sure it will be the Italian feast. We have regular tailgating bonanza and interfering with your Spaghetti Supper to celebrate Homecoming and 18 game winning streak wouldn't be proper. We would be ducks out of water in that atmosphere.

Anyway, if Ravenwood doesn't renew the schedule next year, it won't be for lack of quality competition with MBA. It may be more of what TSSAA decides about the Division 1 mess with six classes, playoff, and wildcard selection process.

Will the Gallatin thing work at MBA?

Since Ravenwood beat BA and scoreless tied with Enworth in the last scrimmage of the preseason, is MBA looking to this game as gauge for district play with BA & Ensworth? With Ensworth and BA games coming up next for MBA, I sure they will have their spies in the stands get a close up view of MBA run/pass formations against common opponent. Those guys will do anything and everything to get a leg up on the DII region. It could be MBA's bad luck to be playing Ravenwood right before Ensworth and BA.

The Spaghetti Supper attracts many from the community at large, not just MBA football fans. There is a surprising number of take-out orders, too. Trust me, MBA folk would be honored if Ravenwood fans joined them to break bread at an Italian pre-game dinner.

Correction on the seating at MBA...the home side seat about 2,400 and the visitors side seats about 1,100. The end zone seats about 400. I previously posted that the visitors' side seats 2400.

The TSSAA Board of Control consists entirely of officials who work in public school systems from across the state. Their decision making history has favored those students who attend public high schools and neglected those students at private high schools. Case in point, the attempt by the Nashville City Paper to organize a championship game between MBA and Maryville was doused by the TSSAA. Another case in point, drafting legislation that caused the public/private split 12 years ago. I have no idea what their thinking is on the matter you mentioned, but whatever decision they make will probably be divisive and dilutive instead of unifying and edifying. They are trending toward awarding participation trophies IMHO instead of meaningful championships.

I don't know what the Gallatin thing is!

I learned a long time ago to be careful about drawing many conclusions from scrimmages.

All of our games are scouted by upcoming opponents. The coaches trade DVDs, too. So it doesn't really matter.

We played Ravenwood last season just before Ensworth and still beat Ensworth without our best O-lineman and our starting QB among other starters who were banged up. Nothing new here, either. This season we are without our starting center and a starting D-tackle, Owen Lipscomb and Reuben Thomas, both seniors. Lipscomb started on the state championship team last year at center and Thomas was in the two-deep at D-tackle. Both suffered leg injuries early-on that required surgery. Their back-ups have stepped-up admirably.

The only thing that I'm sure about MBA's football team is that they are focusing on improving their execution and minimizing their mistakes.

aha kWoodruff...can you relate to that? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh yes...in the 7th grade, I did not share MBA's obsession with English grammar. Consequently, i got invited back for six weeks over the summer. Of course when you're 12 and you have to go to summer school, so does your mom. We lived in Goodlettsville, so we had a 45 minute drive each way for me to reflect on the error of my ways.

So yeah, I can relate.

One of my friends manages a religious bookstore Mrs. Bowen used to frequent; fifteen years after graduation, she still intimidated him.

If you think MBA fans aren't going to be loud, you have another thing coming. I was at the Hillsboro game just as a neutral fan and have to say the MBA fans completely destroyed Hillsboro who you said were good fans earlier.

Also to talk about the game, MBA has a great balanced offense with a smashmouth, playmaking defense. Ravenwood is not going to be able to stop them on either side, and looking at their stats against BHS, their QB was 4/11 passing. If they cannot pass against MBA, they cannot win. Running will not get much of an effect for Ravenwood. Hillsboro had to resort to passing to stay in the game with MBA.

MBA will keep on rolling and ignorant Ravenwood fans such as Rappy will be heartbroken. I almost feel like paying the money to watch the expressions on their faces.

I'm normally not the one to bash people on coach t, but Rappy was too ignorant for me not to comment.

how can you say you were a "neutral fan" when you completely bashed Ravenwood and praised every aspect of MBA - "MBA fans completely destroyed Hillsboros"

"smashmouth, play making D"

"great balanced O"

"hillsburo had to resort to passing" - in case you didnt know they didnt have alex crutcher (starting D1 prospect to Texas Tech) and they run a spread Offence, which mean you pass the ball more than you run bud

and "MBA will keep on rolling"

you are most definitely an ignorant freshman or sophomore at MBA so dont go with a "hidden name"and say your a neutral fan when your not. come on

thanks

how can you say you were a "neutral fan" when you completely bashed Ravenwood and praised every aspect of MBA - "MBA fans completely destroyed Hillsboros"

"smashmouth, play making D"

"great balanced O"

"hillsburo had to resort to passing" - in case you didnt know they didnt have alex crutcher (starting D1 prospect to Texas Tech) and they run a spread Offence, which mean you pass the ball more than you run bud

and "MBA will keep on rolling"

you are most definitely an ignorant freshman or sophomore at MBA so dont go with a "hidden name"and say your a neutral fan when your not. come on

thanks

I'm not neutral at all, and about all I can say is that I was awfully glad the Hillsboro game didn't last another 5 minutes. In the second half, MBA's offense was balanced in that neither the run nor the pass worked. True, the defense made some very big plays, but only after being pushed down the field. Now, one of the hallmarks of a good team is that they win when they're not playing well, and certainly MBA is a good team. That game revolved around a blocked field goal and a heroic job of getting off a punt after a bad snap. If we're being completely honest, Hillsboro probably deserved the win, in the same way MBA deserved the win last year.

I'm hoping MBA plays a more consistent game Friday, and I'd be delighted if Ravenwood brought the team that played Goodpasture, and not the one that beat BA.

I'm not neutral at all, and about all I can say is that I was awfully glad the Hillsboro game didn't last another 5 minutes. In the second half, MBA's offense was balanced in that neither the run nor the pass worked. True, the defense made some very big plays, but only after being pushed down the field. Now, one of the hallmarks of a good team is that they win when they're not playing well, and certainly MBA is a good team. That game revolved around a blocked field goal and a heroic job of getting off a punt after a bad snap. If we're being completely honest, Hillsboro probably deserved the win, in the same way MBA deserved the win last year.

I'm hoping MBA plays a more consistent game Friday, and I'd be delighted if Ravenwood brought the team that played Goodpasture, and not the one that beat BA.

i was talking to gentle3000 but thats alright. thanks for the opinion though