mba vs ravenwood

whoisjeff

The Ravenwood MO is to schedule quality teams outside our region...we may not win them all but they prepare the team for bigger district games down the road and especially the playoffs where you can run into totally different schemes. No excuses for the Goodpasture game, their running back playee both ways and kicked our tail on both sides of the ball. Our Jr QB started his first varsity game of his life and is getting better each week.

I admire Ravenwood's philosophy, and think they are a very talented and well-coached team. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great that public schools in Middle Tennessee will schedule DII schools. There's little upside for the public by going out of its way to play a competitive DII program. It gives players on both sides an opportunity to experience good competition and fans a great game to watch.

It's only been that way a couple of years. It wasn't long ago we were having to travle a couple of thousand miles a season to get games.

Where's Rappy tonight. The Ravenwood crowd didn't exactly overwhelm our visitors side. I expected an overflow the way you dissed how our team travels.

He went to the store for Tylenol's for the pain. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He went to the store for Tylenol's for the pain. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks, you are a character...but no crying except watching the punter consistently put Ravenwood in the hole after good defensive stands by the Raptors. After watching the punter, I needed something more than Tylenol for the pain of his punts.

My apologies to BigRedDad and to the rest of MBA community, little did I know the new AD for Williamson County Schools (We got one of them county AD starting this fall.) first official decision was a major bonehead. He decided to move all the Middle Schools in Williamson County to play Friday night instead of the normal Thursday games due to countywide parent/teacher conference on Thursday. This effected Ravenwood feeder schools Woodland & Sunset Middle. This split up families to attend one game or the other. It affected gate dollars for the Middle Schools and it affected MBA gate due to split attendance in our community. As a family, we had to split games. I had to miss one of my sons Middle School football games while my better half attended game. The other thing is the band and band parents. Since it was homecoming for MBA, the band didn't travel since they were not allowed halftime show. If there is a next time, don't schedule Ravenwood for homecoming and maybe the brand new AD for Williamson County won't be so new anymore. Maybe he will be wiser to the sporting events, gate dollars, and know better to leave football to high schools on Friday nights.

I want to thank everyone as this thread closes out for not getting into recruiting and bashing of teams. It was a real joy to have decent discussion on this tread. If there is a next time with a spaghetti supper on homecoming for MBA, make sure you give the ref's bibs and toothpicks. The spaghetti stains were noticeable from the bleachers and the whistles were used for picking their teeth. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Thanks, you are a character...but no crying except watching the punter consistently put Ravenwood in the hole after good defensive stands by the Raptors. After watching the punter, I needed something more than Tylenol for the pain of his punts.

My apologies to BigRedDad and to the rest of MBA community, little did I know the new AD for Williamson County Schools (We got one of them county AD starting this fall.) first official decision was a major bonehead. He decided to move all the Middle Schools in Williamson County to play Friday night instead of the normal Thursday games due to countywide parent/teacher conference on Thursday. This effected Ravenwood feeder schools Woodland & Sunset Middle. This split up families to attend one game or the other. It affected gate dollars for the Middle Schools and it affected MBA gate due to split attendance in our community. As a family, we had to split games. I had to miss one of my sons Middle School football games while my better half attended game. The other thing is the band and band parents. Since it was homecoming for MBA, the band didn't travel since they were not allowed halftime show. If there is a next time, don't schedule Ravenwood for homecoming and maybe the brand new AD for Williamson County won't be so new anymore. Maybe he will be wiser to the sporting events, gate dollars, and know better to leave football to high schools on Friday nights.

I want to thank everyone as this thread closes out for not getting into recruiting and bashing of teams. It was a real joy to have decent discussion on this tread. If there is a next time with a spaghetti supper on homecoming for MBA, make sure you give the ref's bibs and toothpicks. The spaghetti stains were noticeable from the bleachers and the whistles were used for picking their teeth. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

If you think those ref's favored us we would be happy to let you have them every week from now on, so they can't do us anymore favors. They were awful for both sides

Where on earth did you get an athletic director who didn't know that Friday nights in the fall are only a little less sacred than Sunday?

And for what it's worth, I've never heard anyone from MBA accuse Ravenwood of recruiting.

Good luck with the rest of your schedule; you have some good athletes, and excellent coaching.

It was 2001 at MBA (the 2002 game was at Kingsport). The teams did not play each other in 2000.

No, that was not the reason, but it was a critical call. I don't claim to remember all of the details, although I was there, but the critical part was not the yardage (since, starting at the 10 in OT, 15 yard penalties would be half-the-distance walk-offs) so much as it was the awarding of an incorrect, automatic first down on the penalty.

The point is that poor officiating and this guy tend to meet quite often. Yes, we're all human and make mistakes, but when it happens this many times in games involving the same team, it makes you wonder.

You are right about the dates. Time flies. DB vs MBA was a classic that needs to be repeated. Huge crowds, tough football, each game went into overtime. I hear DB may want to get back up that way, though expense might hurt that idea. Hey, I have an idea. MBA vs DB at DB two years in a row! Ha!

You are right about the dates. Time flies. DB vs MBA was a classic that needs to be repeated. Huge crowds, tough football, each game went into overtime. I hear DB may want to get back up that way, though expense might hurt that idea. Hey, I have an idea. MBA vs DB at DB two years in a row! Ha!

Actually DB offered that a couple of years ago, but Jeff Rutledge would only agree to a home and home. It is a shame that traveling has gotten to be such a huge expense. I missed the game in 2002 moving my daughter into college, I heard it was a great game though.