Twans new quote

fanman

Guest beavis

It's funny how anyone that disagrees with you is automatically tagged as being Dan the Man. It just goes to prove what I said in the post that was deleted. By your way of thinking, there must be at least 50 or 60 people from Gordonsville posting as Dan. If that is the most original or wittiest response you can come up with, maybe you should just stop trying.

Fanman: (I can't think of anything to say...oh yeah, I'll use old reliable) "You're from Gordonsville. You must be Dan the Man."

Antwan: (I can't think of anything better than that) "Yeah, you must be right Fanman, he's Dan the Man."

Fanman: (I'm really on a roll now) "We're gonna whoop you good.

Come on guys, it's almost as if you're not even trying anymore. Put some effort into it.

[Edited by beavis on 8-7-02 2:53P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by beavis:

It's funny how anyone that disagrees with you is automatically tagged as being Dan the Man. It just goes to prove what I said in the post that was deleted. By your way of thinking, there must be at least 50 or 60 people from Gordonsville posting as Dan. If that is the most original or wittiest response you can come up with, maybe you should just stop trying.

Fanman: (I can't think of anything to say...oh yeah, I'll use old reliable) "You're from Gordonsville. You must be Dan the Man."

Antwan: (I can't think of anything better than that) "Yeah, you must be right Fanman, he's Dan the Man."

Fanman: (I'm really on a roll now) "We're gonna whoop you good.

Come on guys, it's almost as if you're not even trying anymore. Put some effort into it.

[Edited by beavis on 8-7-02 2:53P]

Who disagreed with anything? If there was any doubt about you being Dan, it has been removed. You are definitely him or that other DanTheMan imposter. What was your name before?

Shinerman, is that it ? No matter, one is just as belligerent as the other. :o

[Edited by Antwan on 8-7-02 3:28P]

I have not done Rockwood radio in MANY years. Are you sure about your information?

I must admit, I am very opinionated and when I was at the Rockwood station and being a grad of RHS, I was for them. But during my TV stint and newspaper work, I felt I was right down the middle and never leaned to one side. Kind of something I was proud of in Roane County because you know how Roane County fans are.

Anyway, as far as me picking Rockwood to win by three touchdowns against Kingston, I have to say prove it! In 12 years of predicting games, I don't ever remember picking the Tigers to win over your mighty Jackets by that much. In fact, I remember taking MUCH heat from my friends in Tigerville for taking the Orange and Blue on most occassions.

In your post you said that I stated "We really moved the ball on Kingston" and I may have, despite losing 33-0. Have you never seen a game where a team has moved the ball well offensively and perhaps turnovers and/or penalties stalled several drives? I think I remember the game you are talking about and if I am not mistaken, the lowly Tigers were just 26 yards (or so) less than Kingston in total offense, so my "They really moved the ball" comment was probably accurate.

But back to me picking a Tiger 3-touchdown win...prove it. :o

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-7-02 3:30P]

Posted by TankTalk:

I have not done Rockwood radio in MANY years. Are you sure about your information?

I must admit, I am very opinionated and when I was at the Rockwood station and being a grad of RHS, I was for them. But during my TV stint and newspaper work, I felt I was right down the middle and never leaned to one side. Kind of something I was proud of in Roane County because you know how Roane County fans are.

Anyway, as far as me picking Rockwood to win by three touchdowns against Kingston, I have to say prove it! In 12 years of predicting games, I don't ever remember picking the Tigers to win over your mighty Jackets by that much. In fact, I remember taking MUCH heat from my friends in Tigerville for taking the Orange and Blue on most occassions.

In your post you said that I stated "We really moved the ball on Kingston" and I may have, despite losing 33-0. Have you never seen a game where a team has moved the ball well offensively and perhaps turnovers and/or penalties stalled several drives? I think I remember the game you are talking about and if I am not mistaken, the lowly Tigers were just 26 yards (or so) less than Kingston in total offense, so my "They really moved the ball" comment was probably accurate.

But back to me picking a Tiger 3-touchdown win...prove it. :o

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-7-02 3:30P]

I never said you picked Rockwood by 3 TDs last year. These are two different but related stories! You did do a good job of being unbiased with the RCN and with the weekly times I must say.

People said I was too hard on Kingston at the Weekly Times (and it folded before they really got bad last year!)

In Roane County is a tough one and I am sure Goose can either agree with that or will soon learn to.

I remember going to Kingston activities and getting "Hey, you are from Rockwood, they get favortism." Then going to a Rockwood function and getting "Kingston always get the best coverage." And of course in Harriman I got both of those comments. Bottom line in the fickle business of the media, if you can please 3 out of 5 people, you are doing an above-average job. That stat is when you cover a county with more than one school, by the way. In Roane, where you have 5...forget about pleasing the masses.

P.S. I re-read your post swamp man and I humbly apologize. You didn't say I picked the Tigers by 3 touchdowns. Sorry 'bout that. :o

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-7-02 5:01P]

Guest beavis

Someone obviously disagreed with something I said for it to be completely deleted.

Belligerent, Twan? That's an awful big word for you to be using. The fact remains that you choose to concentrate on the messenger instead of the message, but that could partially be my fault. Instead of saying that anyone that disagrees with you is tagged as being Dan the Man, I should have said anyone that is critical of anything you post and happens to be from Gordonsville is tagged as being Dan the Man.

The original question of why the post was deleted remains unanswered. It's not important. You guys have continued to prove what I said in that post each time you tap a keyboard.

Why did you change your name Dan?? Hows "your" Jackets going to be this year? All your insults dont bother me so let'em rip. I just dont understand why someone as smart as yourself would want to come on this thread anyway. Its so beneath you. If you would join Coach T plus you could go to the new agnostic section. Thats where all the Gordansville guys are. There you can test your true knowledge.

Fan

Posted by fanman:

Why did you change your name Dan?? Hows "your" Jackets going to be this year? All your insults dont bother me so let'em rip. I just dont understand why someone as smart as yourself would want to come on this thread anyway. Its so beneath you. If you would join Coach T plus you could go to the new agnostic section. Thats where all the Gordansville guys are. There you can test your true knowledge.

Fan

Fan, I don't think it's Dan, it's got to be Shinerman. That's the same Shinerman we never heard from again after the whoopin, they got last year. He can enjoy insulting us for 3 more weeks before he disappears again or changes his name. He still has the same intellect with one more year of age. I guess he didn't spend the last year trying to improve himself. What in this thread has to do with you anyway, except for the enjoyable beating of Gordansville. :confused: