FRESHMEN

qb8

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

why is no one talking about jeff county's 1-loss freshmen?

their quarterback (Bristoe Bible) has got one of the best arms we have seen in awhile. but the thing that amazes me about him is his decision-making. he has only thrown about 3 int's, and his completion percentage is low 70's. watch for him in years to come.

though lacking big bruisers at RB that jeff county is known for, the freshman team has Will Branner and a few other very good backs.

one kid that is always turning heads is Brandon Smiley. wow. Smiley is a huge playmaker, and he's one of the biggest freshman LB/TE's ive seen.

they have a big, solid o-line, and a very good DT in matthew shelley.

the kicker, though lacking leg strength, is extremely accurate. his only miss on the season was his first field goal, which could be expected with a new kicker's nerves. watch for Eric Keena to challenge Schuchart next year.

this freshman team had a lot to live up to after last year's undefeated freshman team (6 players from last year's freshmen are now staring varsity at jchs)

watch out Region 1-5A. jefferson county's young guns are loaded with talent. in 2 years, this could be a state championship-caliber team

I know that JC beat the Karns freshman but, I also know that the Karns teams played about as bad as they had all year, the JC team seemed to really struggle to put points on the board against the Karns team, even with their brusier back, Karns had 6 turn overs 5 lost to JC. No disrespect to the JC fresh but, I would really like to see a rematch with Karns just to see how it would turn out. The JC QB did not nearly seem to be as good as the Powell QB and for sure is no where near the talent that the Karns QB is.

in my opinion a win is a win it does not matter how good the other team plays and plus the jc freshmen team did not play real good that game either. go patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!