FRESHMEN

qb8

Smyrna's freshmen have gone undefeated at 8-0. They have outscored their opponents by an average of 30+ points per game. This is a very athletic group of kids who play like they love the game and each other. Very fun to watch and very exciting for the future of SHS!

Well i don't know about the loveing each other part. When MBA played them they were screaming at each other the whole first half due to their miscues. The MBA freshman are 7-1 only losing to Smryna, and it that game is was 8-0 at half. They have a couple of studs on their team. They played Spring Hill thursday and won 42-0 with 35 of those points in 15 minuetes with the startes in.They play Father Ryan Thursday for their final game. Any word on how father ryan is this year? who are their best players etc?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i don't know about the loveing each other part. When MBA played them they were screaming at each other the whole first half due to their miscues. The MBA freshman are 7-1 only losing to Smryna, and it that game is was 8-0 at half. They have a couple of studs on their team. They played Spring Hill thursday and won 42-0 with 35 of those points in 15 minuetes with the startes in.They play Father Ryan Thursday for their final game. Any word on how father ryan is this year? who are their best players etc?

They expected to play better than they were, a little arguing makes the loving better. They saved the loving part for when they were up 29-6.

The Tullahoma freshman team is 6-1 with one road game remaining at Warren Co and then will play in the Lions Bowl game in Tullahoma on Oct. 30th against an opponent to be named soon. Their only loss was to undefeated Ninth Grade Academy of Lincoln Co 18-14. The Tullahoma Middle School team was undefeated on the field and won the conference championship game against North of Franklin Co to finish the season at 9-0. The future looks very good for Tullahoma High School.

i know of three freshman who play at south one a very good QB another is a speedy reciever who is pretty good size, and the last one is probably one of the best freshman linebackers in east tn and would be starting varsity if his older brother and curt's younger weren't already filling in the slots IMO who also bye the way were both allstate and only sophmores at the time last year !

I don't know what you saw, but that was one of the Smyrna games I saw, and I didn't notice any bickering from Smyrna. Maybe frustration...they were inside the 10 twice and couldn't punch it in. I'm not sure why they didn't kick field goals, but the half-time score could have and should have been worse. The final was 40+ to 20 I believe with 2 touchdowns of those 20 coming on their back-ups.

MBA had a very solid football team, and those kids will carry on the Big Red tradition more than adequately, but don't try to diminish what those kids from Smyrna have done. They announced the 8-0 record at the game on Friday, and they said that this was the first time in school history that the Freshmen team has gone undefeated in the regular season. The also announced that they would play in the Lion's Bowl. Any chance it would be against Tullahoma?

Im not taking anything away from the team. They are the best freshman football team i have ever seen play. All their players play hard and they have depth. The halftime score should not have been more though. They scored on an 80 yeard screen pass with 1 minuetes left. You are right about 14 of MBA's points on the backups, but plenty of Smyrna's points were on MBA's backups also.

I heard the SHS freshmen are playing Riverdale in the Lion's Bowl. What's in store for them? What is Riverdale's record? Anyone in the know?

I think Riverdale's freshmen finished 7-1, with their only loss to Smyrna. I don't know if they are playing in the Lion's bowl...hope so.

Rhea Co has some freshmen that are looking good this year. Haven't seen them alot but what I have seen they look to have some tallent

McCallie beat them early in the season. Otherwise, they've put a thumping on every other team they've met...well, except Silverdale against Silverdale but that was a combined freshmen/JV game and in my book, that doesn't count!

Great little quarterback for the freshmen, too.

Taxi do you know the Eskridge kids fathers name? I played against a Marshal Eskridge in the early 80's when rule high was still around and he was tough.

Dorian is my God Son. His fathe and I are best friends. Dorain's father name is Chris Eskridge. He played at farragut from 90-94,along side his older brother Larue (89-93).

MJ freshmen sitting at 7-0 and trying to lock down a bowl game...played at least four freshmen in varsity games in crunch time, and several more including special teams. Finished up last week (regular season wise) with a 47-6 win vs. Wilson Central...34-6 at half...this is a special group as well.