Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

I said on my one and last post that I would not get on here and get into to a direct discussion about what goes on with some of you. But as the father of the kid that some of you want to get on here and bash the heck out of it is a sham that 16 - 18 year old have to listen or read your crap so why don't you back off. If you know so much like I said before why don't you go to Jarvis and apply for the coaching job that some of you want to change. As far as the game goes last Friday there are none of you that feels any worst than those kids that bust their butts every day to win on Friday night. Were there bad passes yes, was there dropped passes yes, was there an interception yes, was there a punt return for a touchdown yes,did we get an extra point blocked yes. did our defense play great YES, if I remember correct our offense did score two times in the first half or was that a dream I was having, was the play calling what we wanted to see I'm not the coach. but I'll gaurantee you all this you don't want to win even close to how bad our players do. I will say this Brady knows he is capable of playing better for his TEAMMATES NOT YOU BASHERS, that is why he was at the field Sunday working on his game and he will be there everyday this week after practice. For those of you who support our team I thank you for that. For those of you who seam to have all the answers why don't you come to practice today and give them to Bennie. I'm sure he would love to get your imput instead of intennet coaching. Now let me guess some will come back on here and say you have the right to express your opinions and you are correct but if going to bash our players and coaches for a 1 point loss (Iknow a loss is a loss) then be a real man or woman and stop hidding behind your little screen names and do it in person.

To the Players and Coaches of the Ooltewah Owls (If you read this crap) I thank you for your effort each day I watch at practice and at the games on Friday night. Believe in yourself and keep working as a family to build your team into the Champions that most people think you are.

i got Bradys back, i got Coach Monroes back, i got the owls back. tough game this past week owls but lets move on. the return of Gino Norwood will help revitalize the owls offense. continue to work hard and good things will happen.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammer meet nail! This loss needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of Bennie Monroe! Ted Gatewood built this program and this guy is doing an excellent job of running it in the ground. Does Monroe actually think it makes him look smart by running the wing t one week, the spread the next, the I Formation the next? No wonder there is mass confusion on the field. It's not like we're playing with McCallie calibre talent if you get my drift.

Brady is becoming Monroe's scape goat and it's not right. This program needs a CHANGE! Let the coaches coach, MONROE!

Also kudos to Maplewood for providing an enjoyable atmosphere.....can't say much for the facilities.....but Ralph Thompson is a class act. I'm standing around before the game and the head coach comes up to me and talks for about 10 minutes and we talk about the guys that are being recruited from Maplewood, his time at UGA where he played, the UGA-Bama game etc. He is an absolute class act, doesn't take himself too serious, and is a heckubva motivator and coach. He's a guy that when his kids grow up, and they're working every day.....they will actually have fond memories about. Imagine that!

I am now a Maplewood fan and will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW! I SAW YOU TALKING TO COACH THOMPSON. OH, BY THE WAY WHY DONT YOU GO TO PRACTICE AND ASK THE MAN HIMSELF WHY HE (BENNY) DONT DO SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WANT HIM TO DO. MAYBE I'LL PASS IT ALONG TO HIM WHO YOU ARE!

I have been on here to read some of the comments posted over the past three weeks and I found some to be entertaining, informative, but many of them disturbing. I have not posted before because I know someone is going to say something negative about the team, the coach, the cheerleaders, the band, or even the administration and it could hurt their motivation to participate and enjoy high school athletics. As a fan and a dad, I would hate to see that happen.

Ooltewah has excellent athletic programs in all their sports. We have coaches that give 100% effort and make it their mission to get the same from their players. When and if a coaching change is warranted, I'm sure a change will be made. On the other hand, if a coach is weak in a particular area, usually the coach knows this and finds an assistant or advisor that can help improve the team in that area. It doesn't matter how long or short a time you've been coaching, if you're weak in a particular area, don't be stubborn, seek some assistance and allow for positive change.

When the game was over Friday night, my son was extremely disappointed in the outcome, but not discouraged. He wished he could have done more to help the team. I know many of the players and I'm sure they all felt the same way. In a loss you have to find positives and build on them; but, you must also analyze shortcomings and practice, practice, practice. You don't eliminate part of your game to where you become one dimensional; you work harder and get better.

There has been a huge change in coaching philosophy over the past 5 or 6 years. Coaches are not able to get through to players with intimidation and threats. Staying positive, keeping your cool, letting players know you still have faith in them, and refining their skills through new and interesting workouts keeps them motivated and playing hard. If you constantly show your frustration during critical situations in a game, your players are going to lose focus and have the same demeanor on the field. If you stay cool and confident, they will too.

In closing, no kid wants to throw a bad pass, drop a good pass, muff a punt, fumble the ball, miss a tackle, run the wrong route, miss a blocking assignment or get burned in the secondary...but that's what happens sometimes! When the other teams do these things, we think WE played great! I love OHS football, thank the administration for providing such a great venue for entertainment and a great place for our children to play HS sports. Go Owls!

i got Bradys back, i got Coach Monroes back, i got the owls back. tough game this past week owls but lets move on. the return of Gino Norwood will help revitalize the owls offense. continue to work hard and good things will happen.

wow is it safe to come in here today? ...you guys have torn each other to shreads yes!!! that was a good game for the most part ..maplewood should have beaten you guys by more thatn 1 point .. they almost defeated themselves ..but hey a win is a win .. i was in fear for my saftey in this thread!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

glad you guys have calmed down ..hey you cant win them all ..you knew it was going to be a tough game ...look how tough it was last year ... nice to see sam #56 back there where he belongs ... ..things are starting to come back together for the most part ...next time we see hillsboro ..its at full force!!

maplewood wins out !!!

1 more thing whoDATS? the int return was called back, for a maplewood block in back.. and hagen takes it in from 19 yards out 2 plays later ..so your defense did give up and offensive TD ..thought id clear that up .... your 36# is a very good player on offense and defense. just wasnt a 1 man show type of night... for you guys!!!

Who's next?

im with you primetimeowl, i got their back too, especially coach monroe. sonebody may get hurt talking about that man. dont let me find out who these chicken hearted are cause i'll ask you about it to your face, not thru a chat board. coach monroe and his staff and this team dont need fans like you. we de-nounce you as our fan. nothing you say from this point matters to the coaches , players, or to us fans. we cant stand fair weather, mad fans who come and go with wins and losses. coach monroe and his staff are probably one of the best staff's from freshman thru senior varsity in the state. i'd say top to bottom the best in the state, so shut up again we de-nounce you. come to practice and hold up a sign with owlpride on it so everyone else can see what an idiot looks like. us serious fans will be there watching and supporting the team!

Mr. Reed, I see that you probably will not post again. You may never read these posts again....and I certainly would not blame you. I am a Baylor supporter that happens to read about other Chattanooga area teams as well. When Brady left Baylor (I think after his freshman year) we all knew that Baylor's loss would be Ooltewah's gain. What a class act he is....both as a person and an athlete! I don't know what would ever make adults come on boards and bash kids. I suppose it is easy to do when you hide behind a name.

The over the top fans can ruin the reputation of a school's program. But it certainly looks like the Owl's have some classy supporters on Coach T also.

I wish Brady was still a Red Raider and on their sidelines on Friday nights. But since he isn't.....I will be rooting for him to all the way for the Owls! Go Baylor and Go Brady!

I said on my one and last post that I would not get on here and get into to a direct discussion about what goes on with some of you. But as the father of the kid that some of you want to get on here and bash the heck out of it is a sham that 16 - 18 year old have to listen or read your crap so why don't you back off. If you know so much like I said before why don't you go to Jarvis and apply for the coaching job that some of you want to change. As far as the game goes last Friday there are none of you that feels any worst than those kids that bust their butts every day to win on Friday night. Were there bad passes yes, was there dropped passes yes, was there an interception yes, was there a punt return for a touchdown yes,did we get an extra point blocked yes. did our defense play great YES, if I remember correct our offense did score two times in the first half or was that a dream I was having, was the play calling what we wanted to see I'm not the coach. but I'll gaurantee you all this you don't want to win even close to how bad our players do. I will say this Brady knows he is capable of playing better for his TEAMMATES NOT YOU BASHERS, that is why he was at the field Sunday working on his game and he will be there everyday this week after practice. For those of you who support our team I thank you for that. For those of you who seam to have all the answers why don't you come to practice today and give them to Bennie. I'm sure he would love to get your imput instead of intennet coaching. Now let me guess some will come back on here and say you have the right to express your opinions and you are correct but if going to bash our players and coaches for a 1 point loss (Iknow a loss is a loss) then be a real man or woman and stop hidding behind your little screen names and do it in person.

To the Players and Coaches of the Ooltewah Owls (If you read this crap) I thank you for your effort each day I watch at practice and at the games on Friday night. Believe in yourself and keep working as a family to build your team into the Champions that most people think you are.

im with you primetimeowl, i got their back too, especially coach monroe. sonebody may get hurt talking about that man. dont let me find out who these chicken hearted are cause i'll ask you about it to your face, not thru a chat board. coach monroe and his staff and this team dont need fans like you. we de-nounce you as our fan. nothing you say from this point matters to the coaches , players, or to us fans. we cant stand fair weather, mad fans who come and go with wins and losses. coach monroe and his staff are probably one of the best staff's from freshman thru senior varsity in the state. i'd say top to bottom the best in the state, so shut up again we de-nounce you. come to practice and hold up a sign with owlpride on it so everyone else can see what an idiot looks like. us serious fans will be there watching and supporting the team!

It Is What It Is!!!!!! If the man dont like the coach, then he just dont like him. If you like him, then you just like him!! I dont think it s worth whippin nobody over /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Seriously,, i m sure there was more than one person talking to the coach so you better be careful what you ask for you might get ahold of the wrong person and then you never know what might happen. Doesnt matter to me just be careful before you call somebody out. And as far as QB situation Z-MAN said it best "dont end up being one dimensional" i think thats the problem everyone has!! JMO

It Is What It Is!!!!!! If the man dont like the coach, then he just dont like him. If you like him, then you just like him!! I dont think it s worth whippin nobody over /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Seriously,, i m sure there was more than one person talking to the coach so you better be careful what you ask for you might get ahold of the wrong person and then you never know what might happen. Doesnt matter to me just be careful before you call somebody out. And as far as QB situation Z-MAN said it best "dont end up being one dimensional" i think thats the problem everyone has!! JMO

I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE BUT I BELIEVE I CAN HANDLE MYSELF WELL ENOUGH OR I WOULD NOT HAVE MENTIONED IT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST PERSON I HAVE TAMED AND IT WONT BE THE LAST! IVE ALSO BEEN TAMED MYSELF AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I LOVE TO GET A LITTLE CRAZY SOMETIMES. BUT IF I'M STANDING UP FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES AND OTHER FANS I'LL TAKE ON THE WHOLE - LOT OF YOU! DONT SING IT, BRING IT!

Great post. I can only imagine what fans of others schools think about some of the stupid posts. We have more whiners and haters than I can believe. Guys let's support the Owls not tear them apart. This is so crazy....you would think we had not won a game. Let's get over it! And thanks again bigred4life for your words to the Reed kid.

Mr. Reed, I see that you probably will not post again. You may never read these posts again....and I certainly would not blame you. I am a Baylor supporter that happens to read about other Chattanooga area teams as well. When Brady left Baylor (I think after his freshman year) we all knew that Baylor's loss would be Ooltewah's gain. What a class act he is....both as a person and an athlete! I don't know what would ever make adults come on boards and bash kids. I suppose it is easy to do when you hide behind a name.

The over the top fans can ruin the reputation of a school's program. But it certainly looks like the Owl's have some classy supporters on Coach T also.

I wish Brady was still a Red Raider and on their sidelines on Friday nights. But since he isn't.....I will be rooting for him to all the way for the Owls! Go Baylor and Go Brady!

I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE BUT I BELIEVE I CAN HANDLE MYSELF WELL ENOUGH OR I WOULD NOT HAVE MENTIONED IT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST PERSON I HAVE TAMED AND IT WONT BE THE LAST! IVE ALSO BEEN TAMED MYSELF AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I LOVE TO GET A LITTLE CRAZY SOMETIMES. BUT IF I'M STANDING UP FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES AND OTHER FANS I'LL TAKE ON THE WHOLE - LOT OF YOU! DONT SING IT, BRING IT!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Take us all on /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Gimme a break.........this thread is getting out of control /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />