Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me tell you how I saw the game...... I saw a very confused coach on the side lines that doesn't get the right plays called in... Also 95% of the good offense coordinators wear head sets.... He does not!!!!!!!! Coach Couch and others sit in the press box so they can have a better view of the game.... This would make communication a lot better for the owls.... This Loss was all on Coach Monroe. He calls the plays and 75% of the plays called were terrible.. Close to the end of the 3rd we ran three straight runs to the left... wow... both wide receivers never were covered...You can not tell the owls fans this was not his fault..... I AM SICK...Oh this has to be the best called game that I have ever seen........ In the fourth Maplewood ran 6-8 men in the box all night and we line up a wing T.... WOW.... We better fix this because if we as fans don't step up and voice our opinions we will lose 2 or 3 more games... We have more talent on the field then he knows what to do with... In ten years when these kids grow up they will look back and say if we had a good coach that calls better plays maybe we could of made a run at the state but No we had legendary Coach MONROE!!!!!

Well let me tell you how I saw the game...I saw a frustrated coach NOT a confused coach on the sidelines..you can call the best plays in the world and not be able to execute it and it looks bad. Coach Monroe didn't just wake up and forget how to coach. He is legendary because he is one of the winning coaches in Tennessee. You are an idiot. This is high school football. Top teams in the region last year have lost games this year. Oak Ridge lost to Clinton badly last night. That would be like Ooltewah getting beat by Chatt Central. WB hasn't won a game I don't think. Mcminn has really struggled. Farragut is alone on top. Maplewood was runner up in the state last year in 4a. We played almost the whole game without our left guard or maybe it was the right guard. He went out at the first of the game with a concussion. The recievers could have been open all night..if you can't get the ball to them what good is it. Did you watch the Mcminn game?? They set up in the WING T during that game and run it pretty well.He was running it last night hoping for a big play. He only put that in because you can't run the spread...the offense they have hung there hat on..if you can't get the ball to the reciever...it is just the facts..Did you really want him to call the plays to throw down field when they haven't done that successfully all year??? Since youre the expert what would you do with your big head set on? This game cost us nothing but a loss. Not a region game. Everyone has there opinion. Coach Monroe has gotten critized for playing Brady when he is playing terrible..and dogged out for possibly playing Flanders...People on here say PASS THE BALL...DON"T PASS THE BALL..STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND RIDE IT OUT...CHANGE EVERYTHING UP. I dont have the answers. BUT losing one game and calling out the head Coach like that is ridculous. There are great coaches everywhere that struggle to get there teams to execute. THis is the same coach that took them to the semi finals undefeated two years ago. Maybe he should be like Spurrier and have open try outs for each postion on offense. Tennessee is having a QUARTERBACK issue as well. When that happens everybody looks bad. It is easy to say, "Put in another QB". WHOOOOOOOO. You gonna call plays with a new QB that doesn't even understand the offense or haven't played in games?? You talk about looking unorganized. They are what they are..like it or hate it..they have to just work to get better. see ya at the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hammer meet nail! This loss needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of Bennie Monroe! Ted Gatewood built this program and this guy is doing an excellent job of running it in the ground. Does Monroe actually think it makes him look smart by running the wing t one week, the spread the next, the I Formation the next? No wonder there is mass confusion on the field. It's not like we're playing with McCallie calibre talent if you get my drift.

Brady is becoming Monroe's scape goat and it's not right. This program needs a CHANGE! Let the coaches coach, MONROE!

Also kudos to Maplewood for providing an enjoyable atmosphere.....can't say much for the facilities.....but Ralph Thompson is a class act. I'm standing around before the game and the head coach comes up to me and talks for about 10 minutes and we talk about the guys that are being recruited from Maplewood, his time at UGA where he played, the UGA-Bama game etc. He is an absolute class act, doesn't take himself too serious, and is a heckubva motivator and coach. He's a guy that when his kids grow up, and they're working every day.....they will actually have fond memories about. Imagine that!

I am now a Maplewood fan and will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

I met him and his OC back during the summer and they were very nice to talk with.

Well let me tell you how I saw the game...I saw a frustrated coach NOT a confused coach on the sidelines..you can call the best plays in the world and not be able to execute it and it looks bad. Coach Monroe didn't just wake up and forget how to coach. He is legendary because he is one of the winning coaches in Tennessee. You are an idiot. This is high school football. Top teams in the region last year have lost games this year. Oak Ridge lost to Clinton badly last night. That would be like Ooltewah getting beat by Chatt Central. WB hasn't won a game I don't think. Mcminn has really struggled. Farragut is alone on top. Maplewood was runner up in the state last year in 4a. We played almost the whole game without our left guard or maybe it was the right guard. He went out at the first of the game with a concussion. The recievers could have been open all night..if you can't get the ball to them what good is it. Did you watch the Mcminn game?? They set up in the WING T during that game and run it pretty well.He was running it last night hoping for a big play. He only put that in because you can't run the spread...the offense they have hung there hat on..if you can't get the ball to the reciever...it is just the facts..Did you really want him to call the plays to throw down field when they haven't done that successfully all year??? Since youre the expert what would you do with your big head set on? This game cost us nothing but a loss. Not a region game. Everyone has there opinion. Coach Monroe has gotten critized for playing Brady when he is playing terrible..and dogged out for possibly playing Flanders...People on here say PASS THE BALL...DON"T PASS THE BALL..STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND RIDE IT OUT...CHANGE EVERYTHING UP. I dont have the answers. BUT losing one game and calling out the head Coach like that is ridculous. There are great coaches everywhere that struggle to get there teams to execute. THis is the same coach that took them to the semi finals undefeated two years ago. Maybe he should be like Spurrier and have open try outs for each postion on offense. Tennessee is having a QUARTERBACK issue as well. When that happens everybody looks bad. It is easy to say, "Put in another QB". WHOOOOOOOO. You gonna call plays with a new QB that doesn't even understand the offense or haven't played in games?? You talk about looking unorganized. They are what they are..like it or hate it..they have to just work to get better. see ya at the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Listen Miss or Mister, Coach Monroe does NOT even know the names of his players! Football has passed him by and he can no longer relate. It will be a great day when he passes the torch to somebody that knows how to build a program. I get sick of him acting like a spoiled brat. Need I go on? Can you tell I'm ready for a change?

Listen Miss or Mister, Coach Monroe does NOT even know the names of his players! Football has passed him by and he can no longer relate. It will be a great day when he passes the torch to somebody that knows how to build a program. I get sick of him acting like a spoiled brat. Need I go on? Can you tell I'm ready for a change?

C'mon man listen to yourself... wow.

And I don't see a problem with asking for a QB change when he can't make all the throws... it's not like I'm saying Reed is a horrible person and he stinks at life or anything. It's a competitive sport and I just don't think he's the best option.

First of all Clinton is undefeated..... Mcminn County was a great team to try the wing t against...Because they did not put 6-8 guys in the box on defense.... Almost 50% of the teams in Nashville run the wing t... If I was the offense of cordinater I would have down quick pitches, slants ( they gave us 10 yards), more screen plays, More short passes, oh yea speed is not everthing..... We need football players that can catch..... Short, Tall, Fat, Slow,,, completions are better then getting hit in the hands twice...I haven't like Coach Monore since he started.. in 2006 he didn't try to fire the boys up before a game... IN 2007 the athletes made Coach Monore look a lot better then he got credit for...If you think he can coach a 5a football team the same way he did at cleveland you must be CRAZY>>>>> OUR QB is not the problem just like you said they need work together better... MY suggestion is allow some one else to call the plays for one game( Coach Couch) all of the players say benny calls the plays at practice and the teams runs the right play and he still yells and them>> for his mis-understanding..Look at al ot of the big college or NFL team head coach don't have to call plays

First of all Clinton is undefeated..... Mcminn County was a great team to try the wing t against...Because they did not put 6-8 guys in the box on defense.... Almost 50% of the teams in Nashville run the wing t... If I was the offense of cordinater I would have down quick pitches, slants ( they gave us 10 yards), more screen plays, More short passes, oh yea speed is not everthing..... We need football players that can catch..... Short, Tall, Fat, Slow,,, completions are better then getting hit in the hands twice...I haven't like Coach Monore since he started.. in 2006 he didn't try to fire the boys up before a game... IN 2007 the athletes made Coach Monore look a lot better then he got credit for...If you think he can coach a 5a football team the same way he did at cleveland you must be CRAZY>>>>> OUR QB is not the problem just like you said they need work together better... MY suggestion is allow some one else to call the plays for one game( Coach Couch) all of the players say benny calls the plays at practice and the teams runs the right play and he still yells and them>> for his mis-understanding..Look at al ot of the big college or NFL team head coach don't have to call plays

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ok I feel better now...I know you don't have a clue about what youre talking about. Clinton is 3-2. They lost their first two games to Anderson County and Maryville. Fired UP? Are you kidding me? There are many different styles of coaching. Coach Monroe has his. THEY HAVE LOST ONE GAME! Yeah in 2007 the Athletes carried them through? You really are clueless. If that is all you need we should beat everyone by ten touchdowns this year. You make no sense .

I don't think Monroe is the best coach out there but he's definitely a very good coach. But you're letting the QB situation off the hook. It's his second year and has a ton of athletes and hasn't really shown any improvement.. sure there are better coaches out there.. but you still need a QB.

:thumb

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ok I feel better now...I know you don't have a clue about what youre talking about. Clinton is 3-2. They lost their first two games to Anderson County and Maryville. Fired UP? Are you kidding me? There are many different styles of coaching. Coach Monroe has his. THEY HAVE LOST ONE GAME! Yeah in 2007 the Athletes carried them through? You really are clueless. If that is all you need we should beat everyone by ten touchdowns this year. You make no sense .

I want to know one thing,why did they not put #5Manning in at all? anybody knows,him or has even seen him play at all can tell he is an athlete and he knows the offense.and,I don't want to hear he's to short either.If you're going to run your QB,why not run him? or roll him out and throw or throw slants or throw it down feild,because believe it or not he can throw a football. He doesn't panic at all,with nothing,I saw him play off n on over the past 2 years and he can flat out play.My son talks w/him alot and says he has very good head on his shoulders and is respected by his teammates and coaches so,why not try him? and if not him,who....hats off to our defense and to all these young men,that really try and want to win,last night is over,but some rearranging here and there is needed. good luck the rest of the way.

Yea I was way off about Clinton did lose my bad..... And your an idiot fan that knows nothing but put a new qb in ..... We need a new coach BAD believe it or not...... what are you his best friend or something. Look the baseball team needed a new coach because of horrible coaching and now the football team needs one too!