Dobyns-Bennett @ Elizabethton

tricitiessportsfan

Dobyns-Bennett's schedule is not soft, in a normal year. Usaully if you had William Blount and Oak Ridge in you 1st 3 games that is though.... but, Oak Ridge is weak and not good at all. They got beat this week by a 3A Team (Clinton). Has William Blount won a game? Nope. Tn High is better than both of those teams and they didn't come close to playing the Indians as good and the Cyclones did, not close. Bearden does not have the playmakers that Betsy does. So, looking at the Indians schedule so far.... it's a little weak.

And it was a class move not to punch in that final score. We don't have a BCS to impress.

Glad to hear Justin Sylvester will be back in a few weeks.

Roll Tribe Roll

Were u at those games Art? Did u make the drive to Oak Ridge? Well i did, and i dont care if Oak Ridge lost to a 3A school or not but seeing the teams in person is alot different than going by who won this game or who lost this game or how much a team beat them by, Betsy would play them tough but seriously wouldnt have a chance against any of those teams because they dont have the size,speed, or talent to pull that kind of upset. Yeah Blount might not have won a game but take a look at who they have played, I havent seen any Johnson County's or Unicoi's on their schedule. Elizabethon is a good team when they play all the weak local teams around here which seems to be everyone but South and DB, but dont kid yourself Elizabethon got worked all up and down that field last night, the score might not have been 48-0 but it very well could have. To me when u run it down a teams throat 75 yards down the field might as well stick it in the endzone. Im tired arguing about this DB ran for 300 and threw for 200 on a good local team, turned the ball over 4 times and still come out 6-0, so whose the best NET team?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton compared to previous opponents IMO, for Art and TitanVol:

Elizabethton v. Tennessee High - PUSH

Elizabethton v. William Blount - William Blount by two touchdowns

Elizabethton v. Knox Bearden - Knox Bearden by two+ touchdowns

Elizabethton v. Oak Ridge - Oak Ridge by one touchdown

Elizabethton v. Jefferson Co. - Jefferson Co. by two+ touchdowns

Also, Art, Clinton is a 4A-Region 3 team, playing in the same conference as Maryville, Knox Powell, Knox Central, Knox Halls, Knox West, South Doyle, Lenoir City. 4A-Region 3 is, #'s 1-6, better than the Mountain Lakes.

Just passing along some information.

Everyone has a good point but the bottom line is will never know unless they played each other. I been watching high school football 26yrs and i have seen teams win games i didn't think they could. So who knows what might happen if they played each other but they don't so will never know.. I commend besty for playing schools like DB because we all know if they would have been in 3A were they should have been years ago they would of had alot of trips to the clinic bowl for betsy. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Actually DB has 1671 students, Betsy has 818 according to the TSSAA website. Both teams put the same number of kids in play. Betsy is tough. DB respects that. Best of luck to both. I hope you have a good huntin trip. By the way, deer jerky is awesome in case you have never tried it.

Here's the thing with DB. They can be beaten. By anybody with good special teams, and good rowdy fans can defeat the Injans. Davey Crocket once said, "Injuns run wild up in those mountains!" and I believe him!

I was born in the same neck of the woods as Crockett,and he knew better than to mess around in those mountains to much.

DB has way more "speed" than South, but I think we're talking about different kinds of speed. Try asking Jamal in the back corner of the parking lot for some.

I always thought South was the drug connection. Did they not have a kid spike a teachers coffee with acid about 8 years ago or so?