Dekalb County @ Cannon County

Gridiron88

Cannon has to try and get pressure on Dekalb's QB or he will hurt them. They did a good job against FRA in limiting there passing offense, but there offense has to show up this week, and that has to start with more carries for Melvin Young. If he gets to the outside no one will catch him, but he has to get more than ten carries a game for them to have a chance in this one. Its not the same dekalb and it will be a tough close game.

That's true if they dont get pressure on poteete, cannon could struggle the secondary has not been the best in the past, but i think it will be good enough cannon by a touchdown if melvin gets his touches. #6 needs the ball more i dont no what it will take for him too get more touches whatever it is it has to be done bottomline.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon county hopes Dekalb Co. comes to thier house with the attitude they can score as much as they want. They CC players will welcome them with some hard hitting, something they probably don't see much of in 3A ball....

Huh???????

White House, Greenbrier, Station Camp, & Sycamore can flat out HIT YA IN THE MOUTH so I don't want to read that nonsense /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Huh???????

White House, Greenbrier, Station Camp, & Sycamore can flat out HIT YA IN THE MOUTH so I don't want to read that nonsense /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Look here, as long as these two are rivals this game is always gonna be good. Im just glad that finally these two are finally playin each other as two goods schools rather than in the past, where both were laughingstocks of their regions. CC is a good team Dekalb has to be tough to play 3-A ball. Either way I say CC- 21 DC-17.

Cannon county hopes Dekalb Co. comes to thier house with the attitude they can score as much as they want. They CC players will welcome them with some hard hitting, something they probably don't see much of in 3A ball....

I guess we will see. Just because dekalb passes the ball alot doesnt mean they aren't phyisical and wont hit you! They just have a great qb and some really good recivers as well. I just dont see how you think 3A teams wont hit you i guess you will see when they run the ball the few times they do and on D.

DeKalb Co. must win this game as well as the game with Upperman. They could have a huge luxury of winning all of their non-region games. That goes a long way in determing seeding in a 3-WAY tiebreaker at the end of the season. It could also be what gets the Tigers into the playoffs period if they happen to slip up.

For Instance................

If Sycamore loses to Greenbrier but Sycamore beats DeKalb Co. (and we already know DeKalb Co. beat Greenbrier):

DeKalb would be #3 (overall record)

Greenbrier would be #4 (head-to-head win over Sycamore)

Sycamore would miss the playoffs

THIS IS ASSUMING WHITE HOUSE & STATION CAMP FINISH #1 & #2 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Greenbrier beat Station Camp (Station Camp beat DeKalb & DeKalb beat Greenbrier):

DeKalb would be #2 (overall record)

Greenbrier would be #3 (head-to-head win over Station Camp)

Station Camp would be #4

THIS IS ASSUMING WHITE HOUSE FINISHES #1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Non-Region Wins can cover for a "bad night" in region play. This means that DeKalb's loss to Station Camp could be fixed if they take care of business against everyone (outside of White House) the rest of the way.

Aside from Alcoa............

Class 2A does not have a team that could beat David Lipscomb, Knoxville Catholic, or White House this year.

Even though I am "anti-WH" it has to be said that nobody on the Alcoa schedule is going to play them CLOSER than a 28-3 score. This includes Tyner & Milan.

Yes, Milan will probably play them as close or closer. If it was dry, the score would have been MUCH worse against WH.

Yes, Milan will probably play them as close or closer. If it was dry, the score would have been MUCH worse against WH.

with cc defense, i dont care how good you think u can throw the ball. its not happenin this week. cc d will be ready to play. u can TRY and throw the ball, because i know for a fact dc wont be able to run on the cc defense. all i can say is if dc dont get the passing game goin early, its gonna be a long night /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hopefully DC won't him them as hard as they hit CC's starting pitching during baseball season. Good luck to DC it looks like Dekalb will sweep CC again, except for girl's basketball of course.