AC vs Powell

tennvolsfan27

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't really got a good read on Powell yet. I feel their defense isn't the same as past years and Maryville just scorched them for it last week. The clock ran without pause in the third quarter. I can't see it being any different this week. Last years game was one of the best but I think AC is so much better this year.

AC should roll.

Haven't really got a good read on Powell yet. I feel their defense isn't the same as past years and Maryville just scorched them for it last week. The clock ran without pause in the third quarter. I can't see it being any different this week. Last years game was one of the best but I think AC is so much better this year.

AC should roll.

I agree, AC should roll. The Mavs have looked very good this year, while Powell is still struggling to find an identity. Kier Houston looks great, but he has very little help surrounding him. The Panther defense has been awful this year as well.

I agree, AC should roll. The Mavs have looked very good this year, while Powell is still struggling to find an identity. Kier Houston looks great, but he has very little help surrounding him. The Panther defense has been awful this year as well.

Ok Keir Houston does not look as good as he did last year! Everyone expects for him to be great but he did not step up against the best team in the state...which is when big players step up...Keir is really gonna have to step up to beat a very good anderson county team. He will have to play his best game. And other than that the Panthers do have a good Offense but the defense has been sad all year long. The defense will have to step up to beat ac...Its not probable that the panthers win but they will be no pushover and if the keir houston from last year shows up they will win

Ok Keir Houston does not look as good as he did last year! Everyone expects for him to be great but he did not step up against the best team in the state...which is when big players step up...Keir is really gonna have to step up to beat a very good anderson county team. He will have to play his best game. And other than that the Panthers do have a good Offense but the defense has been sad all year long. The defense will have to step up to beat ac...Its not probable that the panthers win but they will be no pushover and if the keir houston from last year shows up they will win

Good point, Kier has been a bit erratic at times this season, particularly in his last 2 games. He's got a great arm, and we've seen that in every game this year, but he's missed a lot of open receivers (particularly against Karns and Maryville). That has to change. He can't beat teams single-handedly with his feet. He has gained a "pass first" mentality, which is a good thing, but he has to start hitting more of those open receivers.

I don't think Powell has the ability "outscore" AC. The Panther defense has to get some stops. Other than their win against Lenoir City, the defense hasn't looked very good. Campbell County and Maryville moved the ball at will against them, and Karns did their best "Arian Foster/Jon Crompton" impression (until the 4th quarter).

Kier's best "game" so far was his 4th quarter performance against Karns. He had some nice plays against LC, but I have yet to see him match that kind of performance for an entire game. The schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out, but the good news is that spots 2 through 4 in the region are wide open. A win is not a must, but Powell needs to show some improvement on Friday, if they want to make the playoffs.

I'll pick AC by 21, 35 to 14, primarily because of the comments by the Powell faithful about their defense. AC is very good on the ground and in the air. They are not one dimensional at all as in the past. Interestingly, however, AC kept it on the ground against Fulton and pounded out the yardage, so you never know the gameplan they'll come up with.

I'll pick AC by 21, 35 to 14, primarily because of the comments by the Powell faithful about their defense. AC is very good on the ground and in the air. They are not one dimensional at all as in the past. Interestingly, however, AC kept it on the ground against Fulton and pounded out the yardage, so you never know the gameplan they'll come up with.

i think AC will win by three touchdowns. their defense is strong, and their offense is loaded AND balanced.....i posted before that this looks like the best group of AC skill guys since the late 90's

Kier's always been that way, and it shows in the teams results. Powell goes as Kier goes. When he gets off and has a big night Powell wins. When teams find a way to stop him (Maryville using the ends as contain players, Karns was able to keep him in check with whatever they were doing for three quarters) Powell loses. That said, I don't think Kier will be on the field that much this Friday night. I would say that AC will line up in some type of power set or at least two tight end I back and just pount it right at the Panthers. Watching the replay of the Maryville game on TV the defensive line play was simply pathetic. If Gibson Barnes and #'s 96 and 30 don't pick it up it's going to be another long night in Powell.

Kier's always been that way, and it shows in the teams results. Powell goes as Kier goes. When he gets off and has a big night Powell wins. When teams find a way to stop him (Maryville using the ends as contain players, Karns was able to keep him in check with whatever they were doing for three quarters) Powell loses. That said, I don't think Kier will be on the field that much this Friday night. I would say that AC will line up in some type of power set or at least two tight end I back and just pount it right at the Panthers. Watching the replay of the Maryville game on TV the defensive line play was simply pathetic. If Gibson Barnes and #'s 96 and 30 don't pick it up it's going to be another long night in Powell.

Agreed, This is the Worst DLine I have EVER seen.

If Kier has an Average game, the O has a pretty good shot to compete. Powell is dying for the next big playmaker to step up and have a good game in the absence of the QBs sound discisions.