AC vs Powell

tennvolsfan27

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell wins 30-15.

Wow, I'm stunned! I didn't get to go to tonight's game, but I heard the final score. What happened out there?

Powell played a great game. Houston threw the ball extremely well. AC turned the ball over so many times I lost count. AC needs to take this loss and learn from it quickly......it's the little things that count. Big game next Friday with Catholic.

Powell played a great game. Houston threw the ball extremely well. AC turned the ball over so many times I lost count. AC needs to take this loss and learn from it quickly......it's the little things that count. Big game next Friday with Catholic.

[/quote

Powell did play extremely well. They were prepared. Job well done by their coaching staff! Turnovers killed us. In the great scheme of things what concerns me is this...quarterback draws,two out of three plays, too predictable..why do you risk running your starting quarterback so often when you have good backs... moving key core players out of key positions.ie...moving a sr. all region fullback to tight end. No wonder Longmire was running for his life ALL night long. Your fullbacks need to know not only how to block, but who to block. Several fundamental breakdowns. AC did not look like the same team as in the previous four weeks. You are right Oskie, AC must learn quickly. CATHOLIC IS COMING, AND IT'S RIDING IN ON A BIG BLACK HORSE NAMED MURFEESBORO.

im also shocked i didnt think powell had the firepower to put that many points up nor the defense to hold the ac running attack so well. congrats to powell!!

AC ran the ball well in the first half, but I thought Powell's coaching staff made some nice adjustments at half-time. Powell mixed it up and played some other kids in the second half. It looked like they had fresh legs on the field. They did a great job overall shutting down AC's running attack in the second half. Powell's defense was much improved and the offense looked strong all night long. Great win Powell!

It looked like they had fresh legs on the field. They did a great job overall shutting down AC's running attack in the second half. Powell's defense was much improved and the offense looked strong all night long. Great win Powell!

That was a huge factor, PC. Andeson County had 8 or 9 guys who rarely left the field. Powell two platoons and rotated quite a few kids in the defensive front seven all night long. The Panthers did look much more fresh in the second half.

AC ran the ball well in the first half, but I thought Powell's coaching staff made some nice adjustments at half-time. Powell mixed it up and played some other kids in the second half. It looked like they had fresh legs on the field. They did a great job overall shutting down AC's running attack in the second half. Powell's defense was much improved and the offense looked strong all night long. Great win Powell!

Got to give Powell's coaches credit. They did their homework. Great win for the Panthers! AC's running game seems to have suffered greatly by not involving the senior fullback.

That was a huge factor, PC. Andeson County had 8 or 9 guys who rarely left the field. Powell two platoons and rotated quite a few kids in the defensive front seven all night long. The Panthers did look much more fresh in the second half.

You are exactly right, HTV. I thought Powell physically wore AC down. I also think AC may have been looking ahead to Catholic next week. They looked like they came out a little flat. I think AC has a very strong team and they will bounce back quickly. Next week's game with the Irish could be a slug fest. Good luck AC. Powell had four freshman, #2, #14, #17, and #90, that got quite a bit of playing time. Powell's future definitely looks bright, but if they bring it like they did last night for the remainder of the season, then so does the present! GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!

AC had too many turnovers. Powell just wore AC down with there depth, I heard the Powell coach say after the game he only had 1 player go both ways and AC had 8 or 9. Powell also ran a no huddle type offense the whole game which wore AC down even more. Smart coaching on there part. I also think Powell might be a little better then everyones giving them credit for. Go mavs beat Catholic.