South VS Boone

NETFan

I agree about Aaron. First and foremost, HH is the undisputable next Curt Phillips. However, Aaron has some unique qualities that most QB's don't posess and is a Pentium Processor when it comes to split second field decisions. He never has had much of an arm but somehow I see that making an about face before next year. Aaron WILL be the next Rebel General. HH, don't be depressed, your time will come. South is becoming QB High School and I don't see a problem with future QB's. They will come out of the woodwork very soon. I actually look for Mitchell Crowe to make the transition to QB. And my controversial pick...make a QB out of JJ. Yes, I said it. JJ. He has All American qualities in my book. He only needs one thing...Guidance. Big word for a potentially super athlete. And Hubbbard. He's the next TF. I'm impressed with this boy. In my view they potentially have a stronger team than this years Rebels. Suffice to say that they will compete well in their "New" conference. Would love to be part of that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Boone to concentrate on controling our passing game. I think they know one slip on deep coverage and they are burnt. And after three of those strikes you're out. I believe they feel they can inherently control the ground game. They will pull from the box to cover the deep. And quite honestly, if they don't they are toast. They will allow the beast to come out of the cave confident they can contain him. It's really the only common sense thing to do. They will bank on our D playing weak. And yes, they will try and control the clock. So I don't think that is a bad game plan for them. And it can make for an interesting game. However, if they get stupid like all the others then look for a large 2nd quarter.

They run and throw so we must play solid D. Everyone must show up. We can't afford mistakes.

Satch, could you elaborate on the discussion going on in the Maplewood/Hillsboro thread regarding the line being in motion. Pretty interesting issue.

INterested to see what Satch says, but my Opinion----a team can shift all they want, as long as all come set for a count prior to the snap of the ball---and then one, of course, can be in motion, but he also had to set, along with everyone else, for one count prior to snap. I'm sure there is something that disallows an obvious-intentional head nod or shoulder jerk, but I doubt it would disallow what they are describing.

I agree about Aaron. First and foremost, HH is the undisputable next Curt Phillips. However, Aaron has some unique qualities that most QB's don't posess and is a Pentium Processor when it comes to split second field decisions. He never has had much of an arm but somehow I see that making an about face before next year. Aaron WILL be the next Rebel General. HH, don't be depressed, your time will come. South is becoming QB High School and I don't see a problem with future QB's. They will come out of the woodwork very soon. I actually look for Mitchell Crowe to make the transition to QB. And my controversial pick...make a QB out of JJ. Yes, I said it. JJ. He has All American qualities in my book. He only needs one thing...Guidance. Big word for a potentially super athlete. And Hubbbard. He's the next TF. I'm impressed with this boy. In my view they potentially have a stronger team than this years Rebels. Suffice to say that they will compete well in their "New" conference. Would love to be part of that.

Agreed for the most part. Crowe is a good athlete for sure. So I see the possibilities there. Hubba Bubba will be a good one for sure. But, the only thing we see differently............JJ. Good athlete, but not a QB IMO.

Sounds to me like the old Tom Landry Cowboys shift of the 70's.

Exactly. Come to the line and in unison, all linemen drop to their elbows. When instructed by the QB they stand up and go to the set position. A long wait between the elbow and the shift...long enough for an unexperienced D lineman to be drawn offsides. That was common back in the day but my Q to Satch' is if a ruling has been made since the 70's on that issue.

Agreed for the most part. Crowe is a good athlete for sure. So I see the possibilities there. Hubba Bubba will be a good one for sure. But, the only thing we see differently............JJ. Good athlete, but not a QB IMO.

Hey, it's my thing. I'm always an advocate for the Mathew Crowe's, the Dustin Greer's, the David Oakley's, and yeah the Jason Johnson's of the world. In my opinion, these are the Icing on the cake. If a coach can get through to these kind of Branded Boys then in my book he is a real Coach. Granted, some things just aren't in the cards no matter how it's delt and I understand that. But it's tempting.

Exactly. Come to the line and in unison, all linemen drop to their elbows. When instructed by the QB they stand up and go to the set position. A long wait between the elbow and the shift...long enough for an unexperienced D lineman to be drawn offsides. That was common back in the day but my Q to Satch' is if a ruling has been made since the 70's on that issue.

Comp, there's really no way to comment without seeing it firsthand. I'd havent a clue anyway. We never did anything like that when I played. I'd say they all those fans, and fans in NET as well, would do themselves justice if they would send a little check to the boys in Hermitage and ask for a rule book and case book. Makes for great reading....hahaha

By the way, have you guys been watching the Games of the Week on Charter. Love the extra camera angles and replays. If only the announcers could get names right and quit explaining what is happening on the field. They dont know Friday night rules from Saturday and Sunday. Doesn't sound like they ever laced 'em up either. I watched the Science Hill at Elizabethton game and laughed several times as the announcer described what was going on, on the field. Check it out Comp. By the way, without the turnovers, who was the better team that night in Elizabethton?

As far as Boone goes... good group of boys. Jessee Collins is a great kid, getting a deserved chance at WR for the 'Blazers.

As far as '09 goes... They'll be good again. St.Clair is a field General. This class has played alot and will be seasoned beyond their grade. Rebeltothecore, I'd love to see SW back in the backfield as well, but I think he's moved out to WR permanently. Bobby will tote the rock with Wes Williams. Clint will get some straight forward, fullback like carries.

As far as younger kids go, Crowe will be there along with Ryan Headrick from CHMS.

Comp, there's really no way to comment without seeing it firsthand. I'd havent a clue anyway. We never did anything like that when I played. I'd say they all those fans, and fans in NET as well, would do themselves justice if they would send a little check to the boys in Hermitage and ask for a rule book and case book. Makes for great reading....hahaha

By the way, have you guys been watching the Games of the Week on Charter. Love the extra camera angles and replays. If only the announcers could get names right and quit explaining what is happening on the field. They dont know Friday night rules from Saturday and Sunday. Doesn't sound like they ever laced 'em up either. I watched the Science Hill at Elizabethton game and laughed several times as the announcer described what was going on, on the field. Check it out Comp. By the way, without the turnovers, who was the better team that night in Elizabethton?

As far as Boone goes... good group of boys. Jessee Collins is a great kid, getting a deserved chance at WR for the 'Blazers.

As far as '09 goes... They'll be good again. St.Clair is a field General. This class has played alot and will be seasoned beyond their grade. Rebeltothecore, I'd love to see SW back in the backfield as well, but I think he's moved out to WR permanently. Bobby will tote the rock with Wes Williams. Clint will get some straight forward, fullback like carries.

As far as younger kids go, Crowe will be there along with Ryan Headrick from CHMS.

In reference to the announcers, you are absolutely right. Sometimes it's sorta funny when they make fools of themselves...but other times it really gets to be annoying. I watched the Central vs. Betsy game last night, and when the central QB (CLEARLY) was just throwing the ball away, the announcer immediately begins yelling and making comments about the ball being close to being intercepted...which, of course was nowhere near the case, and in turn, annoyed me. I do love the camera angles and replays, but these guys are just a little over the top. It makes me wanna watch the game with the volume off!! Oh well, I guess it's not THAT big of a deal..but i just figured I'd put my two cents in.

Also, i don't understand why that one guy feels the need to say every single player's height and weight and age when he even makes a small reference to them. Such as making a tackle or something.