FANTASY BRACKET

patriot04

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the enthusiasm/thought process on this fantasy bracket. I'm not going to vote - I don't want to start something I can't finish (I could finish, but I have not seen many of these teams play this year and therefore would have to vote more with my heart than my head) - and think an end-of-season fantasy bracket would be more meaningful. Nevertheless, with that said, a few of these matchups would be intriguing:

All of the 4-5 matchups would be great. Ensworth and DLHS would be very "live dogs" with a good chance to win. Millington/Whitehaven would be a good matchup - maybe the most "even" of the 4-5 matchups - although I think Whitehaven would have the upper hand in the end. I like Brentwood High, too, although I think Milan could make it a game given the chance to beat a 5A team, which would give Milan a "nothing to lose" advantage.

BGA and McCallie would be the more likely of the four six seeds to advance, although I think seeding would ultimately hold in the 3-6 matchups.

All four seven seeds are pretty tough for seventh seeded teams. Houston/Henry County would be great and is perhaps the sexiest matchup on the whole list - high octane offenses, tough defenses (would hate to go one way on an over/under in such a game). I'd take the under in Melrose-BA - that would be a similar game to what MUS-Melrose played in earlier this year outside of Fantasyland.

I would take all of the one seeds, and would label Independence as the "last one in" a la the NCAA basketball selection shows. MBA would have the toughest draw of the 1s - seeing Franklin has already thrashed Ravenwood, Maryville is probably roughly around the same level as last year while its 4A title opponent in Maplewood is down, and Indy would have a hard time matching Farragut in points - but MBA is as balanced as ever this year.

I thought about that when I started this whole thing a few weeks ago. If this turns out as good as I want it to. I will have another one after the season is over and championships are done.

Right side of bracket

1.MBA vs 8 Cookeville

4.CBHS vs 5 David Lipscomb

3.Oakland vs 6. McCallie - McCallie is down for their standards

2.BA vs 7. Melrose

1.Franklin vs 8. Ravenwood

4.Brentwood High vs 5. Milan

3.Dobyns bennett vs 6. South Pitt - few teams have the athletes than what the Pirates have, some serious D1 Talent there

2.MUS vs 7. Hunters Lane

Left side of bracket

1.Maryville vs 8. Maplewood

4.Cleveland vs 5. Ensworth - Cleveland isn't as good as everyone thinks

3.Ooltewah vs 6. BGA

2.Henry Co. Vs 7. Houston

1.Farragut vs 8. Independence

4.Whitehaven vs 5. Millington - toss up, just know these 2 teams

3.Hillsboro vs 6. Knox Cath.

2.Alcoa vs 7. Germantown

1.MBA vs 8 Cookeville

3.Oakland vs 6. McCallie

2.BA vs 7. Melrose

4.Brentwood high vs 5. Milan

3.Dobbyns bennett vs 6. South pitt

2.MUS vs 7. Hunters lane

Left side of bracket

4.Cleveland vs 5. Ensworh

3.Ooltewah vs 6. BGA

2.Henry co. Vs 7. Houston

4.Whitehaven vs 5. Millington

3.Hillsboro vs 6. Knox cath.

2.Alcoa vs 7. Germantown

I have seen some interesting picks on here. That's why I created this thread. One post has milan over brentwood. I have seen milan and I don't think they would have a chance. 2 posters have houston over henry county. Ill admit I have not seen houston play but I think henry county can compete with anybody in the state. Defense has only given up 27 points and startin defense has only given up 7. And offense has scored 180 points. Wow. And then melrose. So many ppl pickin against them. Melrose has the talent to beat anybody. On any given night I think they could. And alcoa vs germantown. This is a 2A vs 5A and I know class doesn't matter but when it comes down to hard nose physical football it does matter. Because depth is an issue in physical games. I think this game would come down to the last seconds. These are just my thoughts for the posts so far. Everybody needs to come post who they think will win these games and why.

Right side of bracket

1.MBA vs 8 Cookeville

3.Oakland vs 6. McCallie

2.BA vs 7. Melrose

4.Brentwood high vs 5. Milan

3.Dobbyns bennett vs 6. South pitt

2.MUS vs 7. Hunters lane

Left side of bracket

4.Cleveland vs 5. Ensworh

3.Ooltewah vs 6. BGA

2.Henry co. Vs 7. Houston

4.Whitehaven vs 5. Millington

3.Hillsboro vs 6. Knox cath.

2.Alcoa vs 7. Germantown

MBA over Cookeville (MBA's line combined with stout defense would handle Cookeville)

David Lipscomb over CBHS (Zach Rogers is the X-factor for DL)

Oakland over McCallie (Any other year, I would probably pick McCallie in this matchup, but not this year)

BA over Melrose (this one would be tight, but BA's line just would punish Melrose on both sides)

Franklin over Ravenwood (Franklin is the real deal and is my pick to win the 5A championship this year, but it could be close if Ravenwood forces some turnovers)

Brentwood over Milan (Brentwood seems to be playing well this year and Milan wouldn't be able match their passing game)

Dobyns-Bennett over South Pitt (I don't know very much about South Pitt, therefore I'll take Dobyns Bennett)

MUS over Hunters Lane (MUS has seemingly taken McCallie's spot this year behind MBA & BA in Division 2....HL just doesn't have the offense)

Maryville over Maplewood (Maplewood has the talent to compete in this one, but Maryville will outcoach them)

Ensworth over Cleveland (Ensworth's lines would punish Cleveland and run it down their throat)

Ooltewah over BGA (From everything I hear Ooltewah is special this year)

Henry Co. over Houston (Henry County has 3 Division 1A stud recruits on their team = win against Houston)

Farragut over Independence (This one should be tight, but I think Farragut would get it done somehow)

White Haven over Millington (Don't know too much about Millington, therefore I'll take White Haven in this one)

Hillsboro over Knox Catholic (If HHS can play tight with MBA, BA, and Franklin, their offense shouldn't have a problem putting up points on Knox Catholic)

Alcoa over Germantown (This should be a tight one, but I'll take Alcoa due to the Gary Rankin factor)