Coffee County at Wilson Central

whodathunkit?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wilson central oughta win this one. its their homecoming and after two close losses back to back i think they are going to get back to their winning ways

It is going to be very tough for Coffee County to go into Wilson County and get a win over a team it has never beaten. Wilson Central is athletic and Coffee County struggles to contain athleticism. No substitute for speed. I wish coach Nunley and the Raiders well this week. I hope they begin to take steps in the right direction. Let's give the guy more than half of one off-season and five games before we start calling for his head. Remember this is a team that graduated 22 seniors a year ago and returns one player that started more two games on offense ... a team that graduated its entire offensive and defensive lines with the exception of two players - both on defense ... a team that is going through a head coaching change. Oakland played down severly during week one of the season and Coffee County nearly pulled the upset - that shot expectations through the roof, including mine.

Wildbilly, I'm not sure the team not "breaking it down" can be pinpointed for the problems /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .... Sure, there are a few things that could be changed. We would be lying to ourselves if we said everything the coaching staff is doing is perfect. They will admit that. Eddie is the first to admit that. If they were doing everything perfect the record would show it. At the same time, we would be lying to ourselves if we said everything the players are doing is perfect. Once again, the record would reflect that. Too much heart being shown by a select few players for me to swing at the "the team is Demoralized" pitch. Character issues by others seem to be the bigger problem. The coach yelled at me ... aww ..... But there is no need to go into great detail of what should be changed on this board because all that will do is get it shutdown.

It is very rare a first year coach finds success. Especially a coach that comes into the situation that Eddie has. Price saw the writing on the wall and left. Sure, he had a chance to go and build a program where he is from. But believe me, the talent coming through at all levels influenced his decision - he said it. Go ask him. Give Eddie time to find his style as a head coach. In three years if some of the small things are still flaring up, then we have a problem. But I think everything will be okay.

Looks like that is more than we are going to get in football. At least they beat Warren Co

Props to Pedo & 5A football...They Ponied up their 24 bucks and are not hiding behind a screen name. This is a forum, and all reasonable opinions are acceptable. Funny it was OK for Bill Price to be rough on the kids, but Eddie doesn't have that right....I've seen negative and positive feedback from Eddie, depending on the situation. When the kids do well, he's the first one to tell them. Is he not supposed to tell them when they s _ _ _ ? No ?let's let them go through life thinking they can do no wrong. I've seen this team when they give 110%' and they're pretty good. I've seen them when half are giving 110% and they're not very good. Is this a rebuilding year? yes, but that's not a reason for the Coaches to go easy on the kids. I wish CC fans were half as faithful as Warren Counties... They keep a post going year round about a losing team. So let's all jump on the bash the coaches bandwagon and quit going to the games like we always do...that'll make it better. I'll be there like I have been for the last 50 years...pullin' for "BIG RED".

A BASKETBALL SCHOOL?

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OUR WHOPPING SIX WINS IT TWO YEARS?

BASKETBALL?

HEY "5A FOOTBALL FAN " YOUR pretty good with that camera !! Could you give us a shot of the warren County defense playing smash mouth with the Coffee County offense ??? Wilson Central will KILL you guys !@!! 40-7 BOOK IT !! Make sure you get some up and close photos !! Nuff said !!!

It is going to be very tough for Coffee County to go into Wilson County and get a win over a team it has never beaten. Wilson Central is athletic and Coffee County struggles to contain athleticism. No substitute for speed. I wish coach Nunley and the Raiders well this week. I hope they begin to take steps in the right direction. Let's give the guy more than half of one off-season and five games before we start calling for his head. Remember this is a team that graduated 22 seniors a year ago and returns one player that started more two games on offense ... a team that graduated its entire offensive and defensive lines with the exception of two players - both on defense ... a team that is going through a head coaching change. Oakland played down severly during week one of the season and Coffee County nearly pulled the upset - that shot expectations through the roof, including mine.

Wildbilly, I'm not sure the team not "breaking it down" can be pinpointed for the problems /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .... Sure, there are a few things that could be changed. We would be lying to ourselves if we said everything the coaching staff is doing is perfect. They will admit that. Eddie is the first to admit that. If they were doing everything perfect the record would show it. At the same time, we would be lying to ourselves if we said everything the players are doing is perfect. Once again, the record would reflect that. Too much heart being shown by a select few players for me to buy into "the team is Demoralized" pitch. Character issues by others seem to be the bigger problem. The coach yelled at me ... aww ..... But there is no need to go into great detail of what shold be changed on this board because all that will do is get it shutdown.

It is very rare a first year coach finds success. Especially a coach that comes into the situation that Eddie has. Price saw the writing on the wall and left. Sure, he had a chance to go and build a program where he is from. But believe me, the talent coming through at all levels influenced his decision - he said it. Go ask him. Give Eddie time to find his style as a head coach. In three years if some of the small things are still flaring up, then we have a problem. But I think everything will be okay.

Good post...do you think they would have the same record if Price was still the coach

HEY "5A FOOTBALL FAN " YOUR pretty good with that camera !! Could you give us a shot of the warren County defense playing smash mouth with the Coffee County offense ??? Wilson Central will KILL you guys !@!! 40-7 BOOK IT !! Make sure you get some up and close photos !! Nuff said !!!

Geez, you guys win one football game and you get all cocky. Don't make me take back the nice things I've said about WC fans. Yea, Wildon Central may beat us 40-7 ....they'd beat you that bad too! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" BOOK IT !!

Props to Pedo & 5A football...They Ponied up their 24 bucks and are not hiding behind a screen name. This is a forum, and all reasonable opinions are acceptable. Funny it was OK for Bill Price to be rough on the kids, but Eddie doesn't have that right....I've seen negative and positive feedback from Eddie, depending on the situation. When the kids do well, he's the first one to tell them. Is he not supposed to tell them when they s _ _ _ ? No ?let's let them go through life thinking they can do no wrong. I've seen this team when they give 110%' and they're pretty good. I've seen them when half are giving 110% and they're not very good. Is this a rebuilding year? yes, but that's not a reason for the Coaches to go easy on the kids. I wish CC fans were half as faithful as Warren Counties... They keep a post going year round about a losing team. So let's all jump on the bash the coaches bandwagon and quit going to the games like we always do...that'll make it better. I'll be there like I have been for the last 50 years...pullin' for "BIG RED".

Who is "bashing the coaches"? I think we have some fine coaches. Offering up a different point of view does not necessarily constitute "bashing". But, I believe that what got this started is one post offering a point of view on the emotional state of the team. The response was to lay it on those "heartless" players we have. My point is leadership accounts for some of this. No one wants the "coaches' heads". As for the "not breaking it down", Pedo, you are exactly correct that is not the problem- it is the symptom of a larger problem. It is not fostering belonging, sportsmanship, and a sense of ownership in your team....win or lose. Incidentally, this is not about "yelling" at the kids. It is about building mutually respectful relationships-see the players were able to take the yelling of Price because he tempered it with praise , and they had a relationship with him. And to develop such a relationship takes time and patience and trust. No one is asking these coaches to go "easy" on the kids, but when you've just had your a** handed to you on the football field by another team, I'm betting that's not the best time to hear how "selfish" you are. There is absolutely nothing wrong in having the highest standards and goals for your team. In fact, that is what you should do. But, do not confuse yelling with belittling or discipline with degradation. Trust me, no one wants these young men to go through life thinking they can "do no wrong" as some adults are apt to do. And, frankly, I'm pretty tired of all the pundits pontificating about those select players who are giving it "all" or "110" percent...that's the real bandwagon that's being jumped on.

Who is "bashing the coaches"? I think we have some fine coaches. Offering up a different point of view does not necessarily constitute "bashing". But, I believe that what got this started is one post offering a point of view on the emotional state of the team. The response was to lay it on those "heartless" players we have. My point is leadership accounts for some of this. No one wants the "coaches' heads". As for the "not breaking it down", Pedo, you are exactly correct that is not the problem- it is the symptom of a larger problem. It is not fostering belonging, sportsmanship, and a sense of ownership in your team....win or lose. Incidentally, this is not about "yelling" at the kids. It is about building mutually respectful relationships-see the players were able to take the yelling of Price because he tempered it with praise , and they had a relationship with him. And to develop such a relationship takes time and patience and trust. No one is asking these coaches to go "easy" on the kids, but when you've just had your a** handed to you on the football field by another team, I'm betting that's not the best time to hear how "selfish" you are. There is absolutely nothing wrong in having the highest standards and goals for your team. In fact, that is what you should do. But, do not confuse yelling with belittling or discipline with degradation. Trust me, no one wants these young men to go through life thinking they can "do no wrong" as some adults are apt to do. And, frankly, I'm pretty tired of all the pundits pontificating about those select players who are giving it "all" or "110" percent...that's the real bandwagon that's being jumped on.

Now that's a much better post! That's what pundits do. They pontificate. I've heard Eddie lavish this team with praise, when they deserved it. But' alas this thread is getting too deep for my shallow mind. So let's all just show up in Wilson County and cheer the Raiders on...win or lose. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good post...do you think they would have the same record if Price was still the coach

It has its trade-offs. It has been easy for the simplest of football fans to see the team strength has swung from offense to defense - even though the defense wasn't great against Cookeville or Tullahoma. If Price were here the Raiders may be scoring more points. Flip the coin, I think if Price were here the Oakland game would not have been close. He would have went for it on fourth and 5 or 6 a few times in our own territory and eventually Oakland would have scored a few touchdowns and ran away with the decision. But to answer the question - yes, I think it would be the exact same, actually. And he would have suddently forgotten how to win - according to the skeptics anyway. And he would have lost his relationship witth the players. And he would have been yelling too much. He may not even let the team "break it down" after the game ... according to the skeptics, of course.