Bell Coounty, Ky at Volunteer

NikeBacksTheFalcons

So I have been trying to find the win-loss record for Bell Co, and I haven't been successful.

Anyone have any information on the school?

Volunteer is coming off another tough loss against Boone. If Volunteer can find a way to run the ball for positive yards again like they did against Cocke Co. they will find themself to be a winner again.

It was nice to see them using the pass to the Tight End this past Friday night, it worked very well. Next if we could see them use some RB screen passes, since so many players on the defense are coming through untouched.

My cousin plays for Bell. This is what I can tell you after watching them in 2 games this year and all of last year. They are the #1 rated team in the state in 4A and ranked in the top 10 overall.

They are big and physical on offense and fast on defense. Last year they finished 12-1 by losing to eventual state champ that is a private school. They beat Vol. 40 something to 14?? I think. They only lost 5 seniors. Statisticly they had the #1 ranked defense in the state in 07 and return about 9 starters on defense.

They justbeat the #5 ranked team last week 38-0.

What does Volunteer return this year?

From what the posters have said about Bell Co. it sounds like this is going to be a really tough one for Volunteer.

It would be nice to see the Volunteer coaching staff giving freshman TB Devin Rogers more of a chance since he is the future of the team. He is such a dangerous player in the open field and isn't getting the chance to show it since he can't get out of the backfield because of the lack of blocking. Run some screen passes to him, or it would be nice to see him lined up at receiver going out for a deep ball because he definitely has the speed to get behind a defensive secondary, also I have noticed that he gets put in late in the game on special teams for returns to try to give the team a spark, why not start him on special teams if you want a spark to get the team pumped up early on in the game?

Saw Bell Co game last year. If they are as good as last year and apparently they are, it's going to be a long night. We just need to play hard,try to eliminate the crazy mistakes and come out of the game healthy. Then get ready to get back into region play next week. This Bell Co. bunch will be the best team we will see all year. They are well coached and are loaded with talent. People should come to the game just to see their kicker, He will be kicking somewhere D1 next year (kicks everything into or out of the back of the end zone, also kicked a 58 yarder last year). He's a show by himself and will probably be kicking often.

Even though last years game wasn't that close I do think it helped us as the season went along. I hope it helps us again this year.

If anyone is giving points I'll take Volunteer +40 and thats taking a chance /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hope you prove me wrong boys, I really do! GO FALCONS!!!!

From what the posters have said about Bell Co. it sounds like this is going to be a really tough one for Volunteer.

It would be nice to see the Volunteer coaching staff giving freshman TB Devin Rogers more of a chance since he is the future of the team. He is such a dangerous player in the open field and isn't getting the chance to show it since he can't get out of the backfield because of the lack of blocking. Run some screen passes to him, or it would be nice to see him lined up at receiver going out for a deep ball because he definitely has the speed to get behind a defensive secondary, also I have noticed that he gets put in late in the game on special teams for returns to try to give the team a spark, why not start him on special teams if you want a spark to get the team pumped up early on in the game?

I saw you guys early on and #40 and #8 ( Riner? ) both looked like decent backs. Are they hurt? #21 and #5 looked a little undersized to me.