Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

First thing, Patterson doesn't have to impress me. You are correct. But he does have to impress the people that hold his job in their hand. (Think about that). Secondly I was at the Marshall County game. Thanks for assuming I wasn't. I commend him on getting on track with the Middle school. That is long overdue. BUT..Other than Marshall County they have not played a "quality" team. They looked better last week against Harpeth, that was a step better than the week before against Waverly.

And for the record no I'm not in the locker room. I guess they let all the mom's go in there to make sure their kids get to play. If Hickman County gets back to that bull...we go back to 0-10 or 1-9. Just like when I was in school.

Let me guess.....I am assuming you got to play so does that mean your momma went in the locker room too? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that a deal has been struck which involves 2 seasons of football. Lewis Co. and their cousins to the north have agreed to let LC win the regular season last year and HC win the playoff game. This year HC is to win the regular season game and LC is to win the playoff game. That should look very good on the new coachs' resume and all our neighbors to the north will be happy!

I know for a fact that a deal has been struck which involves 2 seasons of football. Lewis Co. and their cousins to the north have agreed to let LC win the regular season last year and HC win the playoff game. This year HC is to win the regular season game and LC is to win the playoff game. That should look very good on the new coachs' resume and all our neighbors to the north will be happy!

Come on I want to beatem twice did they shake hands on it or can we break the deal???

One thing for sure, a thread about a Hickman County school is bound to include somebody telling a coach how to do their job. Makes you wonder how we are going to be able attract and retain quality coaches.

I think that Coach Patterson at Hickman, and Coach Jones at East do a good job. The best we can do as a community is be supportive and quit telling them how to do their jobs! I work in the construction industry and I am sure glad that the coaches don't stand over my shoulder and tell me how to read blueprints.

you are dead on EastAdvocate!

I wouldn't worry about Hickman County this year. They are a play off team and their defense is much improved this year. Their offensive problems begin and end with the forward pass. Everybody is going to put 8 or 9 in the box and make them pass. They are talented enough with their running game to win one dimensionally, but it will be harder against playoff caliber teams.

There were a bunch of seniors lined up at the coin toss. I'd be more concerned next year and the following year when they are playing with 2A numbers. I think they'll be fine this year and go at least to the 2nd round at playoff time and maybe further depending upon the draw.

Do you want to see a real football team? Then take a weekend trip to Alcoa, enjoy the experence

And the democrats have struck a deal to win the Presidential election since the Republicans have had two terms in office. C'mon...what is the value in posting garbage like this?!?

BTW, we are not related in ANY way to Lewis Co.

It makes me sad to see the amount of coach bashing that goes on in a forum sometimes. I guess that's always likely to happen when there is change of any sort. I have a brother on the team. I went to every practice up until the second game, every scrimmage, the first two games, and I'll see the last two at home because I'm flying 2 hours back to TN just to do it. I try to listen to the games online, and I get family member reports via cell phone during each game. The point being, I've watched these boys play in the preseason, practice hard during the week and work on their mistakes, and play the early season games. And I can tell you there's been a great deal of improvement in just the first few outings. I don't think there's a problem here with the coaching staff, or the players, or anything else. I think that you have a great set of players, a lot of pressure to live up to last season's record, and the added bonus of trying to get used to a new coaching style. Change is hard for anyone, and I try to keep that in mind, as everyone should.

Oh, and one more thing: GO BULLDOGS! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It makes me sad to see the amount of coach bashing that goes on in a forum sometimes. I guess that's always likely to happen when there is change of any sort. I have a brother on the team. I went to every practice up until the second game, every scrimmage, the first two games, and I'll see the last two at home because I'm flying 2 hours back to TN just to do it. I try to listen to the games online, and I get family member reports via cell phone during each game. The point being, I've watched these boys play in the preseason, practice hard during the week and work on their mistakes, and play the early season games. And I can tell you there's been a great deal of improvement in just the first few outings. I don't think there's a problem here with the coaching staff, or the players, or anything else. I think that you have a great set of players, a lot of pressure to live up to last season's record, and the added bonus of trying to get used to a new coaching style. Change is hard for anyone, and I try to keep that in mind, as everyone should.

Oh, and one more thing: GO BULLDOGS! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Amen.....you have made more sense than anyone on here including me......

After watching the Bulldogs tonight, I am man enough to say I have to eat some crow on this one. The Bulldogs looked really good tonight. The offense isn't as explosive as last year, but things are really clicking. Guess I wasn't being logical. I think things are going to continue to get better. The past two weeks the coaching staff have made HUGE strides.

Looking forward to the rest of the season...

After watching the Bulldogs tonight, I am man enough to say I have to eat some crow on this one. The Bulldogs looked really good tonight. The offense isn't as explosive as last year, but things are really clicking. Guess I wasn't being logical. I think things are going to continue to get better. The past two weeks the coaching staff have made HUGE strides.

Looking forward to the rest of the season...

Kudos to you aftershock.....i think we are all on the same page.....we just want the Dawgs to do well......heck, if it weren't for the occasional stirring of the pot, what would we have to talk about? You stirred this week, might be me next week /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I admire someone who is willing to eat crow....I should know....I have had it prepared every way possible!!