Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

Playing high school sports is a PRIVILEDGE, not a right. You and your child play by whatever rules the coach, AD, and school administration establish, or else you can go to the house. They do not owe you anything. If Coach Patterson and Coach Smithson don't want parents on the field after the game, then parents are not allowed on the field after the game. End of discussion. Some twisted parents like yourself seem to thing high school sports are a democracy where everyone should have an equal say and vote in all matters pertaining to the team. Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's not how it works in an athletic program that is any good at all. So instead of belly aching about how you've been disrespected or unfairly left out of the loop, try paying your $5 for admission and watching the game from the stands like everyone else. When the game is over, either wait in the stands or in the parking lot to speak to the players. Or if you don't like these established rules, take your kid and go home. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like some great real world advice LD.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been involved with the Hickman County Bulldogs during the late 80's and early 90's I still keep up with the team on the Coach T boards. I have read that it has been a long time tradition at Hickman County for the parents to join the team after the game on the field. Unless my memory fails me ,I don't remember this taking place back then and I'm sure it does not happen with the team we are involved with now. I agree this is a time for the coaches to have their time with the team, we as parents have the rest of the night with them. I like to be the first one my son sees as he comes off the field to tell him and his teammates what a good job they have done. On the field should be for the coaches.

Which one is it? You say it's OK for the parents to go on the field, but then agree coach should have time to talk to the team alone before others do?

Maybe you have the THICK HEAD!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hey 74....i dont know how the that last part got on my post but i didnt say it.....but, nontheless, could coach patterson not have a quick moment with the boys and then let the parents come on the field? this aint brain surgery...its high school football

Someone, at some point, must have said something to criticize the coaches. That is the only reason that fans would be banned from the field after a game. I would be willing to bet that it has nothing to do with a new track or the field condition. I must say, I have never seen a thread where fans from the SAME TEAM are so harsh to one another. It doesn't do much to combat the public perception the HC is falling apart at the seams (both the football team and the fan base). I'm sure all your future opponents are loving what they see on this board.

reason why it does not make any sense because you are reading it. and your are too dumb to understand.......or you are a part of the problem. I love all your little weak comebacks on all the post . I am a true bulldog fan and prior player. If you knew anything about hickman county sports you would know what i am talking about. Are you a puppet too?

thanks for sticking to the topic and clarifying what part roger dotson plays in this whole deal.....we are dealing with HCHS....NOT HCMS.....sorry, the is the best little weak come back i can come up with....of course, if weak means actually making some common sense

Put down your coloring book and get out one of those Dick and Jane books so you can begin to learn to read for understanding. I tried very hard to keep my statement at about a 5th grade reading level so you could understand it, but it seems that I was a grade or two too high for you. I understand that my statement doesn't make since.............................. TO YOU because of your lack of ability to read. Jumping on everyone and slinging insults and acting like you own this board does nothing to make you seem more intellectual than anyone. In fact it makes you look as backwards as you would like to accuse everyone else of being. And for the record I know your coach and I know of his coaching ability and think that HC and short minded people like you are lucky to have him.

thought i would stop coloring for just a moment to respond to you ddaddy....i appreciate your concern about my lack of reading ability....i dont think my major problem is being able to read as much as it is being able to understand something that is completely non-coherent....by the way, if you are paying attention, the only one i have accused of being backwards is you (not everyone).....BUT, i will agree with you on this.....we ARE lucky to have a great coach like coach Patterson....he seems to not only be a good coach but also a good teacher and a very moral and ethical person....our boys will be better people in the end because they played for Patterson and his fine staff.....sorry, this is the best response my short mind can come up with.....now....back to coloring Jane

P.S. still wondering who Maro is?

Since you are obviously an idiot with an extremely low IQ and reasoning ability, let me explain this as simply as I can. Follow along the words with your finger if it helps you read. Playing high school sports is a PRIVILEDGE, not a right. You and your child play by whatever rules the coach, AD, and school administration establish, or else you can go to the house. They do not owe you anything. If Coach Patterson and Coach Smithson don't want parents on the field after the game, then parents are not allowed on the field after the game. End of discussion. Some twisted parents like yourself seem to thing high school sports are a democracy where everyone should have an equal say and vote in all matters pertaining to the team. Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's not how it works in an athletic program that is any good at all. So instead of belly aching about how you've been disrespected or unfairly left out of the loop, try paying your $5 for admission and watching the game from the stands like everyone else. When the game is over, either wait in the stands or in the parking lot to speak to the players. Or if you don't like these established rules, take your kid and go home. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

wow....did i hit a nerve? please be patient with me as i have to type very slowly with one finger (which also happens to be the one I am having to use to follow your eloquent response).....perhaps i mis-understood your post, and if so, my simple-minded, low IQ self will admit to it......I DO agree with what you have said.....if it is the desire of Coach Patterson to not allow any parents on the field, then that is absolutely his jurisdiction.....he has every right to make that call and Coach Smithson has every right to try to uphold that.....by the way, in all of your glory you assume that i am a football parent....you would assume wrong.....i am just a big fan who tries to stand up for Coach Patt, his staff and his boys....i think they are doing a great job and i see no reason why it can't continue....i agree with one of the other posts.....we should all leave the coaching up to the experts.....excuse me, I have to go....my belly is aching /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Someone, at some point, must have said something to criticize the coaches. That is the only reason that fans would be banned from the field after a game. I would be willing to bet that it has nothing to do with a new track or the field condition. I must say, I have never seen a thread where fans from the SAME TEAM are so harsh to one another. It doesn't do much to combat the public perception the HC is falling apart at the seams (both the football team and the fan base). I'm sure all your future opponents are loving what they see on this board.

i dont have any doubt that every HCHS fan on here wants the same thing....TO WIN....some of us just see a few things differently....and anyway, what else would we have to talk about? I'm sure our future opponents are far more worried about our players than they are the fans in the stands....all of these posts should be made in good fun...it doesnt hurt to get some folks heart rate up every now and then does it? lighten up

wow....did i hit a nerve? please be patient with me as i have to type very slowly with one finger (which also happens to be the one I am having to use to follow your eloquent response).....perhaps i mis-understood your post, and if so, my simple-minded, low IQ self will admit to it......I DO agree with what you have said.....if it is the desire of Coach Patterson to not allow any parents on the field, then that is absolutely his jurisdiction.....he has every right to make that call and Coach Smithson has every right to try to uphold that.....by the way, in all of your glory you assume that i am a football parent....you would assume wrong.....i am just a big fan who tries to stand up for Coach Patt, his staff and his boys....i think they are doing a great job and i see no reason why it can't continue....i agree with one of the other posts.....we should all leave the coaching up to the experts.....excuse me, I have to go....my belly is aching /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Glad we see eye to eye now.

Having been involved with the Hickman County Bulldogs during the late 80's and early 90's I still keep up with the team on the Coach T boards. I have read that it has been a long time tradition at Hickman County for the parents to join the team after the game on the field. Unless my memory fails me ,I don't remember this taking place back then and I'm sure it does not happen with the team we are involved with now. I agree this is a time for the coaches to have their time with the team, we as parents have the rest of the night with them. I like to be the first one my son sees as he comes off the field to tell him and his teammates what a good job they have done. On the field should be for the coaches.

This so called tradition started with Coach Swenson and lasted while he was here. He allowed it, but he left and his tradition is over. (no disrespect towards him). Coach Petterson and his Assistants prefer that the public not be allowed in on his talks for it only concerns his players. There is nothing that can't wait until after the pep talks. You angry fans need to respect his wishes and show your sons as players them same. Let's set an example here.

hey 74....i dont know how the that last part got on my post but i didnt say it.....but, nontheless, could coach patterson not have a quick moment with the boys and then let the parents come on the field? this aint brain surgery...its high school football

You need to go back and read your post on 9/30 @ 1:35 to FBCoach where you said "can you not get this through your thick heads".

Since you used "thick heads" (in the plural and I assume FBCoach only has one), then one could assume anyone who disagrees with you must have a "thick head".

It's Coach Patterson team. If he don't want the parents out there, then they shouldn't be out there. End of story.

I really don't understand why the parents think they need to go out there?