Lewis County Football

LCHSPanthersFan

I don't want to sound negative on my team, but it looks like the Panthers are setting themselves up for another successful regular season. My concern is, is this the year we can finally get out of the second or third round in the playoffs? IMO we have had some really good football teams in the past and just always seem to fall short. I hope this is the year we get rid of the stigma of being a really good team that never does anything in the playoffs.

-Frustrated but hopeful Panther fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best LC team that I've seen. Waverly helped them a lot tonight but even at that I don't think we could have beaten them or come within a couple of touchdowns if we played our best. Having said that I think the one weakness that will hurt LC is the pass defense and the passing offense. Waverly clearly had a lot of opportunities passing it but being depleted at wide reciever ( 2 receivers out tonight) weren't able to capitalize. And we (Waverly are weak on pass defense and LC didn't do much or show much, but then again they didn't have to. You do have a really good team. Good luck the rest of the year. Don't get complacent.

Depends on how the regions play out. I think with Goodpasture a little down, that this is an excellent chance for Lewis County to advance further in the playoffs. They have stayed consistent over the years and this could be their year. Of course, everything goes through Alcoa. Everybody else is playing for second. Giles County got malled by an average Columbia team. Hickman County is a step below last year imo. The ABC schools in 2A are all struggling some. Bolivar, Lexington, Milan and those mid west Tennessee teams are beating up on each other some. Lewis County does not play in a strong district and their non conference games don't really give you a good barometer. This could be their year though.

Who the freak knows! I just went 12-12 on the Big Ones. It's a strange year.

Yeah, clearly, Waverly was the better team tonight, but they couldn't catch, run or throw the football. Good thing some blocks were missed, passes were dropped and some backs slipped and fell down..Otherwise LC and the rest of the state would be in trouble.

well im sorry to tell u they didnt just slip and fall they got hit and the bad thing to tell you is LC had a bad game and if they would have played like they did agianst fairview it would have been way over by the time it was last night and we had droped passes and missed assighments but good game LC keep it up

well im sorry to tell u they didnt just slip and fall they got hit and the bad thing to tell you is LC had a bad game and if they would have played like they did agianst fairview it would have been way over by the time it was last night and we had droped passes and missed assighments but good game LC keep it up

You've got a keen sense of sarcasm, huh?

LCHS is always a solid football team. Hope you guys get to hook up with Camden in a late round playoff game. That's always a fun game.

Yeah, clearly, Waverly was the better team tonight, but they couldn't catch, run or throw the football. Good thing some blocks were missed, passes were dropped and some backs slipped and fell down..Otherwise LC and the rest of the state would be in trouble.

Hilarious! PT has got to be the biggest homer on this board. Always funny to read his game analysis. "Sure, the scoreboard says that we got blistered, but due to some missed calls...a stomach virus by one of the waterboys...and the Autumn Equinox (which has been scientifically proven to negatively impact teams from towns that start with a "W") the score was actually much, much closer."

Well, I am exited about the prospects of this season, I just don't know what to expect. Its hard to get a gauge against someone like waverly as to how good the Panthers are. Not sure Harpeth and Loretto can give much of a test either, guess we will know more on October 17. I didn't mean for that to sound like I'm putting down Harpeth or Loretto, I'm just going by records. Has anyone heard how Harpeth is this year?