District 11A

thenomad

Culleoka beat CA. Can't remember final score. I think Culleoka won by 16 or 18. CA was really no closer than 8. Culleoka has way too much height for CA. Ref's were terrible but that is not why Culleoka beat CA. Culleoka is just the better team.

if CA makes shots i THINK they win. (my oppinion) they had several opportunities to make shots and did not capitalize. it seemed as if Culleoka could punch CA in the face and get away with it. and CA could look at a player/ref wrong and get a technical or a intentional foul. I'm not saying they'd win, but i do not believe culleoka is 18 or whatever points better than CA. im also glad when the games already done, and CA has subs in, and there starting four are also playing. (i think they subbed one player)

but overall good game to culleoka, i hope we get to see yall again in the district tournament.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if CA makes shots i THINK they win. (my oppinion) they had several opportunities to make shots and did not capitalize. it seemed as if Culleoka could punch CA in the face and get away with it. and CA could look at a player/ref wrong and get a technical or a intentional foul. I'm not saying they'd win, but i do not believe culleoka is 18 or whatever points better than CA. im also glad when the games already done, and CA has subs in, and there starting four are also playing. (i think they subbed one player)

but overall good game to culleoka, i hope we get to see yall again in the district tournament.

Well Wrench, with a team that shoots the 3 as good as CA, and a chance to get closer to a distict title, I would play to win!!! Didn't CA win the other night on a last second three??? I was not at the game tonight but I kind of find it funny that someone said "is it the beginning of the end for Cully" after they gave up points in the 4th, now people are upset because starters were in in the 4th. Take it as a sign of respect that they tought you might come back with such good 3 point shooters.

How was the crowd???

The Culleoka/CA game was weirdly officiated. Neither coach was happy with the officials. Culleoka played most of the first half with out Stephens and S. Beach due to foul trouble. I'm not to sure about the technical, but I didn't notice anything bad considering this was a rivalry game. Culleoka's defense allowed alot of dribble penetration which wound up in layups. Williams did not shoot particularly well last night. He had a lot of open looks just couldn't knock it down. The dribble penetration is where I question Culleoka's defense. If they face a quick, good ballhandling team in the tourney I think it might spell disaster.

As for Richland/Cornersville, Richland wins by 4, despite Stiles scoring 19. Darnell only had 3. If team's can contain one of those players they will find success against Cornersville. Santa Fe edges out Moore Co by 4.

Well Wrench, with a team that shoots the 3 as good as CA, and a chance to get closer to a distict title, I would play to win!!! Didn't CA win the other night on a last second three??? I was not at the game tonight but I kind of find it funny that someone said "is it the beginning of the end for Cully" after they gave up points in the 4th, now people are upset because starters were in in the 4th. Take it as a sign of respect that they tought you might come back with such good 3 point shooters.

How was the crowd???

im not questioning them being in, IF CA still had theirs in, it was like a 15 point game, and ca had put alot of younger kids in. i never said it was the beggining of the end for cully. the crowd was good around the first half. then we were pretty quiet, CA couldnt make shots so their wasnt a whole lot to cheer for. cully's side was pretty quiet, the gym was pretty full though.

im not questioning them being in, IF CA still had theirs in, it was like a 15 point game, and ca had put alot of younger kids in. i never said it was the beggining of the end for cully. the crowd was good around the first half. then we were pretty quiet, CA couldnt make shots so their wasnt a whole lot to cheer for. cully's side was pretty quiet, the gym was pretty full though.

When did CA put in their subs?