Stewart Co vs. Adamsville

st409

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of c ourse they are not ranked. look at who they have beaten two sorry 1 a schools and we all know why they play them. to get their record with 2 more wins on it so their overall looks better to people. barely got past r-side who is playing poorly this yr. waverly is a decent team but killed sc. i sure as heck can't wait till tomorrow night to show sc how sorry they are and how sorry their program has always been. advice for teams that barely win-do what sc did and quit playing good teams and start playing sucky small teams that the rebels did 4-5 years ago and eventually you will start to beat some of those sucky teams. but then again sc barely pulled off the two wins against 1a schools. look how many pts they gave up to gleason and how many pts they didn't score against greenfield i mean come on like they have a chance against us.

i can see your point about sc playing the smaller school's, but winning bred's confiedence and put's butts in the seats. for years we played a tough conference with school's such as david lipscomb, good pasture, davidson acamedy, harpeth, lorretto , west moreland, and lewis county just to name a few. granted we didn't play all those school's in the same year but it was a murder's row of school's. the only team we ever really could hang with was houston county. our out of conference games were against decent programs like mcewen, montgomery central, clarksville academy. occansially we would win 1 or 2 games a year with our 20-25 man roster, but during the spring practice we could go to west tn and consistently beat or at least hang with teams from that area. so finally that light bulb went off. let's play these school's try to get a few wins under our belt and see what happen's. and guess what we started winning more games, more people started coming to games, and here's the real payoff more kid's see the program succeding and want to play. i love coming to west tn to watch games. the small home town enviroment reminds me of home. wheather you call them cup cakes or not i hope sc will continue to play west tn school's, and i hope we can contiue to play adamsville! i love a good rivialry game when both sides are so pasonite about there team's. GO REBEL'S

i can see your point about sc playing the smaller school's, but winning bred's confiedence and put's butts in the seats. for years we played a tough conference with school's such as david lipscomb, good pasture, davidson acamedy, harpeth, lorretto , west moreland, and lewis county just to name a few. granted we didn't play all those school's in the same year but it was a murder's row of school's. the only team we ever really could hang with was houston county. our out of conference games were against decent programs like mcewen, montgomery central, clarksville academy. occansially we would win 1 or 2 games a year with our 20-25 man roster, but during the spring practice we could go to west tn and consistently beat or at least hang with teams from that area. so finally that light bulb went off. let's play these school's try to get a few wins under our belt and see what happen's. and guess what we started winning more games, more people started coming to games, and here's the real payoff more kid's see the program succeding and want to play. i love coming to west tn to watch games. the small home town enviroment reminds me of home. wheather you call them cup cakes or not i hope sc will continue to play west tn school's, and i hope we can contiue to play adamsville! i love a good rivialry game when both sides are so pasonite about there team's. GO REBEL'S

Great post! Everyone needs to support their team as much as they can! I agree about this becoming a great rivalry! I'm afraid that this may be the last time we play though! With the new regions next year it would not make sense to play someone 130 or so miles away for a non region game! I believe we will see a great game tomorrow night!

Good post...i also hope we continue to play A'Ville. Every since my sophomore year where we came back from 14 down to win 20-14 it has been a great game every year...Good Luck to Yall...GO REBS

Look guys (and gals), the bottom line for me is I want the best team to win. This gives a true measure of where your program is and what needs to be done to get better. RESPECT is what it's all about for these programs. I love the fans that support their teams so fanatically. Hense the word "fans". Lets go out tonight and root for victory with our teams and pray that noone gets hurt from either team...GO CARDINALS............