MBA vs. Ensworth

Ensworth11

I have one thing to say...

when are the mommas boys

going to step up and play the

best in Region 6-5A

The Franklin Rebels would love to give the

Red their first loss...but maybe they got scared by

the scrimmage game that we beat them in last year?

I was at the MBA Ravenwood game last year and this year

and both times MBA almost let it go...

they were up big last year and let Ravenwood come back at the end

then this year they almost lost to Ravenwood who Franklin Beat 27-0

I HOPE that MBA goes Undefeated this year then puts Franklin on their

Schedual next year so we can give them their first loss in 3 Years

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when are the mommas boys

best in Region 6-5A

Amazing what one 5-0 start will do for a team's confidence. You can look at the MBA schedule and tell we're not backing down from anybody. Sadly we can't play 25 games a season. Franklin has split the last two series they've played with DII teams. They split with two average McCallie squads in 07,08 and two terrible Ryan squads in 05,06. It's also worth pointing out that in the ten head to head match-ups between MBA and FHS, MBA as won all but one. Since you bring up ducking competition, when are we going to see BA on the FHS schedule. Every other Willco team has given that a shot.

I heard from one of my friends that goes to ensworth that all the players supposedly signed a pact to make MBA's #4 go off the feild on a stretcher.... This doesnt sound like something Bowers would let happen, but i dont know. Anyone that goes to ensworth, is this true?

Ha if this is true, that is bad pact for Ensworth to come through on. With rowdy kids such as Scott Bubis, # 50, Barret Jaques #99, and Tom Corcoran #48, playing every Friday for #4, I would not want to see what would happen to the ensworth kid who hurt Tanner. With Scott having done things such as fighting in a churchball parking lot with a kid, from BA, after he ran his mouth on the court, the repercussions for the Ensworth kid who did this would be pretty harsh. Not only would this make the players mad but it would also aggravate the MBA student body. And im positive if you went over the ensworth today and asked every guy from their student if they would want to get into a fight with a group of MBA guys 99% of them wouldnt have the courage to say yes. Do the smart thing Ensworth and keep it clean.

MBA by 21

roll red

Ha if this is true, that is bad pact for Ensworth to come through on. With rowdy kids such as Scott Bubis, # 50, Barret Jaques #99, and Tom Corcoran #48, playing every Friday for #4, I would not want to see what would happen to the ensworth kid who hurt Tanner. With Scott having done things such as fighting in a churchball parking lot with a kid, from BA, after he ran his mouth on the court, the repercussions for the Ensworth kid who did this would be pretty harsh. Not only would this make the players mad but it would also aggravate the MBA student body. And im positive if you went over the ensworth today and asked every guy from their student if they would want to get into a fight with a group of MBA guys 99% of them wouldnt have the courage to say yes. Do the smart thing Ensworth and keep it clean.

MBA by 21

roll red

I go to ensworth and i know for a fact that isnt true. There has been no "pact signing" but i know they have been worried because they know he is a threat to the secondary considering he leads DII at WR this year. So if anything they have been using him as motivation to play well and shut him down. So i dont think there has been such thing as putting #4 on a streacher. We all know this game will be physical game but nothing of that sort. If anything he has just been used as motivation to play well

Ive also heard though that some MBA guys saying they were going to tear number 20's ACL....is that true? Im sure this is just a bunch of smack talk going back and forth between these school but i dont think anybody is serious if that has been said.

This game has become big much sooner than most expected. I really expect Ensworth to surpass MBA as the premier DII team in the state very soon. Ensworth will be difficult to compete with from now on.

Anyone who didn't expect it simply isn't familiar with the people who built Ensworth, the coach they hired, and why he was so eager to leave his previoius job. Plus, when you hire two state champion football coaches (including one who is probably the very best in the state) while your campus consists of a bunch of blueprints and an empty cow pasture on highway 70, then it's pretty obvious winning at football is a high priority for the school.

Well, honestly, MBA will win this game for 3 reasons. 1) They have faced similar backs to Orleans and Tavares against Hillsboro (which has a more 2-D offense than Ensworth) and they neutralized them. 2) Ensworth's offensive line is not good enough to sustain a 1-D offense against a solid MBA Defensive line. 3) Ensworth's secondary has looked vulnerable, even during the blow out win against CPA, they were exposed later in the game.

I go to ensworth and i know for a fact that isnt true. There has been no "pact signing" but i know they have been worried because they know he is a threat to the secondary considering he leads DII at WR this year. So if anything they have been using him as motivation to play well and shut him down. So i dont think there has been such thing as putting #4 on a streacher. We all know this game will be physical game but nothing of that sort. If anything he has just been used as motivation to play well

Ive also heard though that some MBA guys saying they were going to tear number 20's ACL....is that true? Im sure this is just a bunch of smack talk going back and forth between these school but i dont think anybody is serious if that has been said.

I have not heard much about wanting to to tear 20's acl. This having been said I know last year MBA knew that if tavvares was out of the game it would be a much easier game. And before the game was over tavvares had been given enough injuries by the MBA D to put him out for the remainder of the football season and for most if not all of the Basketball season if i am not mistaken. Going into the game im sure sure the MBA players have this same physical mentality. The Defense will dish out as much pain as possible to the two " superstars " in the Ensworth backfield. I do believe that the physical aspect of MBA's D and the lack there of for Ensworth will be another deciding factor in the outcome of the game.

Amazing what one 5-0 start will do for a team's confidence. You can look at the MBA schedule and tell we're not backing down from anybody. Sadly we can't play 25 games a season. Franklin has split the last two series they've played with DII teams. They split with two average McCallie squads in 07,08 and two terrible Ryan squads in 05,06. It's also worth pointing out that in the ten head to head match-ups between MBA and FHS, MBA as won all but one. Since you bring up ducking competition, when are we going to see BA on the FHS schedule. Every other Willco team has given that a shot.

I so agree with you and the rebel boy is off his rocker - As much as I would like a region 6-5A team to beat the privates schools I can say that MBA does not duck and hide behind a watered down schedule at all-MBA has scheduled some tough teams and I know that last year they also played at INDY so for you to say MBA does not want to play Franklin is crazy...

IF anything REBELBOY call out Ensworth as they played some patty cake teams this year - and lastly dont worry about your rebels playing MBA worry about Brentwood....

Good luck MBA

when are the mommas boys

best in Region 6-5A

You only had one thing to say, and you wasted it on something as stupid as that?

This game has become big much sooner than most expected. I really expect Ensworth to surpass MBA as the premier DII team in the state very soon. Ensworth will be difficult to compete with from now on.

It's not just MBA they have to surpass, it's also BA, MUS, Christian Bros, Baylor, McCallie and all the rest. And don't tell me you have already passed McCallie, you beat them by 1 pt in double ovetime because McCallie can't kick the football. That is hardly surpassing them.

If Ensworth really wants to be the premier team they need to quit playing the cupcakes, and step up and play some of the big boys in the non-region games. I suspect the Coach Bowers knows what he is doing when he schedules those cupcakes. EHS is thin, and can't afford to play tough competition before the region games and take a chance on getting anyone hurt.