Walker valley vs Rhea

eagle4ever

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've seen WV play a couple of times and they are definately much improved from last year. I believe that WV can compete with anybody on their schedule, including Rhea Co., Cleveland, and Red Bank (as already has been proven). The only thing keeping them from wins is poor execution and untimely mistakes, such as turnovers. You take out some of those mistakes and this team could be sitting at 4-1, maybe even 5-1; however, those mistakes are part of the game and for that reason they are sitting at 2-3.

WV, in my opinion, has a solid defense, along with a offense that can find a way to move the ball using two different quarterbacks (one who has very quick feet and another who can throw the ball), a very big running back, and a couple running backs who have quick feet but are not exceptionally fast.

I think this will be a good Region 4-4A game, however, I see Rhea County coming up on top by TWO touchdowns if Walker Valley makes mistakes, otherwise it will come down to a touchdown or field goal in the 4th quarter..

Raider":3n8dhyiw]

Well, I've seen WV play a couple of times and they are definately much improved from last year. I believe that WV can compete with anybody on their schedule, including Rhea Co., Cleveland, and Red Bank (as already has been proven). The only thing keeping them from wins is poor execution and untimely mistakes, such as turnovers. You take out some of those mistakes and this team could be sitting at 4-1, maybe even 5-1; however, those mistakes are part of the game and for that reason they are sitting at 2-3.

WV, in my opinion, has a solid defense, along with a offense that can find a way to move the ball using two different quarterbacks (one who has very quick feet and another who can throw the ball), a very big running back, and a couple running backs who have quick feet but are not exceptionally fast.

That is pretty accurate about Walker Valley. They could be 4-1 heading into this game very easily, but mistakes and poor execution has stopped them more than anything. They run a no huddle spread offense, and they have so very good skilled players especially behind that o-line. Starting with the always dangerous running back Javon Arnwine and his running mate Turner Touchstone (6'0 240) fullback. Arnwine is one of the leading returning rushers from last year and Touchstone is a house of a fullback who can take it up the middle or go to the outside. Houston Spencer is one of the two QB's. He can run and throw the football, and is very good all around QB. Hunter Spencer is Houston's older brother, he is a threat at many different positions (alot like Moffett). Hunter on offense can be seen at running back or at receiver. On Defense he can be in the secondary or at a linebacker spot. Walker Valley has some pretty good receivers too. Brice Sharp is a first year player who is a outstanding basketball player now on the football field. He is a good team learder for Walker Valley. Good size and speed is helping him too. Jordan Dodd is a good receiver who has come over from Taft Youth Center to play at Walker Valley. Line wise not too many stand out linemen. They are experienced though. The most standout lineman would have to be Jeremi Smith. All around good lineman not overly big but he has some size to him. Isaiah Simpson, very good wrestler, but also a good player he will line up at outside linebacker. Walker Valley runs a 4-3 defense.

Both teams should be fired up for this key region match up. Walker Valley played Red Bank close already at Red Bank and will be looking to do the same when they come rolling into Evensville this friday night. This game is going to be a tough one. This is not the same Walker Valley team that we have beat up on year in and year out. With that being said, The Eagles need a solid week in practice and come out ready and play all for 4 quarters. Then another put another win in the win column.

Looking forward to getting back in Eagle Stadium on Friday night after 2 away games. WV sounds like a dangerous team. I see this going much like the Hixson game. They play with us for most of the game, but a lack of depth contributes to a good 4th quarter for the Eagles. In the end, we're just too big and too athletic for them to hang 48 minutes. I'm thinking 30-21 us.

I think this will be a good game.Walker Valley seems to be much improved and there defense is not giving up many points i think they held both Red bank and Mcminn to 17.Also our defense has to start making plays it seems to me a lot of times they are right there but just cant finish and on offense they can not turn it over.

I was pretty sure they ran it as there base defense past seasons. They must have wisened up. Who knows?

Itll be good to see how our offense goes up against this stingy defense. last week was a good test for the offense and they did alright. Without a fumble here or a questionable pass there it could have been a great night for the offense.