Walker valley vs Rhea

eagle4ever

Are these running plays zone reads,traps,or counters? You say they have two QB's is there a tendency to what they will do according to which one is in the game. Do they run playaction due to the high percentage of running plays they attempt?

As long as the defense can get 3 and outs at least 2 out of every 3 series I think the game will be a wrap. And of course the offense will have to protect the ball,not only Cam but the running backs also taking care of the ball.If I'm not mistaken I think Moffet ran wild on the Mustangs in a freshman game I want to say he had 6 or 7 touchdowns in that one game I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he did. Hopefully we can see Moffet/Rice tame the Mustangs again.

If the team plays disciplined in all three phases we win big if not we barely scrape by............................but in the end a win ,is a win, is a win ...........................................................

was that the game moffet scored like 90% of the plays he touched the ball?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these running plays zone reads,traps,or counters? You say they have two QB's is there a tendency to what they will do according to which one is in the game. Do they run playaction due to the high percentage of running plays they attempt?

As long as the defense can get 3 and outs at least 2 out of every 3 series I think the game will be a wrap. And of course the offense will have to protect the ball,not only Cam but the running backs also taking care of the ball.If I'm not mistaken I think Moffet ran wild on the Mustangs in a freshman game I want to say he had 6 or 7 touchdowns in that one game I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he did. Hopefully we can see Moffet/Rice tame the Mustangs again.

If the team plays disciplined in all three phases we win big if not we barely scrape by............................but in the end a win ,is a win, is a win ...........................................................

Zone read dives draws options and just runs to the strong side or motion. Not many traps or counters. Yeah one of the QB is Hunter Spence he can throw the football but he is moblie. However he has a high ankle sprain, so he hasn't been to moblie lately. He should have both ankles taped tonight and start. The other is QB #10 not sure of his name but he is the runner. They tend to run the option and draw with him. He can throw alittle but mainly just shorter stuff. Play action wise they do run a good bit.

Just other notes on tonight

wearing Green on Green, the paint on the field looks different, and lets go beat walker valley and go 3-0 in the region.

Zone read dives draws options and just runs to the strong side or motion. Not many traps or counters. Yeah one of the QB is Hunter Spence he can throw the football but he is moblie. However he has a high ankle sprain, so he hasn't been to moblie lately. He should have both ankles taped tonight and start. The other is QB #10 not sure of his name but he is the runner. They tend to run the option and draw with him. He can throw alittle but mainly just shorter stuff. Play action wise they do run a good bit.

wearing Green on Green, the paint on the field looks different, and lets go beat walker valley and go 3-0 in the region.

This team may be better than advertised, but hopefully we will correct our mistakes from last week's encounter with The Spread and get a big win (as far as region standings are concerned).

The green on green looks tough. I like it.

Prediction:

Walker Valley 24

Rhea County 34

Paint on the field? Like Red Bank does with alternating shades of green ever five yards? Probably not what you're speaking of but I'd love to see it. It looks good.

Yeah one of the QB is Hunter Spence he can throw the football but he is moblie. However he has a high ankle sprain, so he hasn't been to moblie lately. He should have both ankles taped tonight and start. The other is QB #10 not sure of his name but he is the runner. They tend to run the option and draw with him. He can throw alittle but mainly just shorter stuff.

Hope we have a spy just for #10 when he is in the game..........................

Did anyone expect Walker Valley to be that pitiful? Anyways, just a great night for everyone wearing green. This is how we need to play EVERY time we suit up. Good job by Coach Cameron and the rest of the offensive staff by mixing things up. I've been impressed and proved wrong by him this season. What exactly happened to Tallent? Just get his bell rung?

Let's keep it going boys.

Did anyone expect Walker Valley to be that pitiful? Anyways, just a great night for everyone wearing green. This is how we need to play EVERY time we suit up. Good job by Coach Cameron and the rest of the offensive staff by mixing things up. I've been impressed and proved wrong by him this season. What exactly happened to Tallent? Just get his bell rung?

Let's keep it going boys.

I didn't would thought Walker Valley was that pitful coming into the game, but WOW they couldn't do anything right. I lost count how many times they tried to run the bubble and messed up on it. The defense turned it around only allowing 96 total offensive yards, with -15 yards total rushing. Breaking the school record for INTs in a game with 7 and with 6 different players. At one point Walker Valley had more penalty yards then offense. Yes we need to play like that everytime. Everybody was bring it tonight on offense and defense. Josh had a bad night kicking field goals, but punts he avg 49 yards a punt. Good Job everybody. I never heard anything else about Walker Valley player who was taken to the hospital because he couldn't breath. Walker Valley definitely came out banged and beat up after this game.

Next week is Central and boy they maybe even worse then Cumberland. Oh and homecoming is next week.

3-0 4 more to go!!!!!!!!!!! Week by week,game by game,can't afford to overlook anyone not even Central even if the are not a sound team.............................................

Good job of coaching by ALL coaches and great play by the players.

Sure look like these kids believed in the STAFF tonight..................

Good job by Coach Cameron and the rest of the offensive staff by mixing things up. I've been impressed and proved wrong by him this season.

Don't you guys realize that great players make coaches look good....Coaches don't make bad players look good....Did Coach Cameron just magically become an offensive master mind? No...he was probably already there, its's just now he has players that can execute a scheme. Cameron Tallent was 9-10 for 230+ yards in the first half alone tonight. He is throwing it and his recievers unlike, last year are catching it. We didn't have a quarterback who could throw a lick last year, and when we did put it in the vacinity of a reciever they dropped it more often then not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where our success is coming from.

Sure look like these kids believed in the STAFF tonight..................

I never will understand why immature people like you always want to start an argument. The truth is, I believe Coach Cameron, Hampton, Fitzgerald, Mitchell and Davis could have suited up and went out there and beat Walker Valley tonight. It's not an impressive win, and, in all honesty, it proves nothing. We beat Walker Valley every year. They are not a good football program. Sorry to burst your bubble but when we beat a GOOD football team, that's when you can say stuff like that, but anyways, it's glad to know that you approve.

Don't you guys realize that great players make coaches look good....Coaches don't make bad players look good....Did Coach Cameron just magically become an offensive master mind? No...he was probably already there, its's just now he has players that can execute a scheme. Cameron Tallent was 9-10 for 230+ yards in the first half alone tonight. He is throwing it and his recievers unlike, last year are catching it. We didn't have a quarterback who could throw a lick last year, and when we did put it in the vacinity of a reciever they dropped it more often then not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where our success is coming from.

Good post. there's a lot of truth in it. The main reason that I say he's doing well is because, for the first time in a while, a Rhea County offense is playing to its potential. I believe they had the offensive firepower last year to be very good, but just weren't put in the right position by the staff to do so.

I disagree with the idea that coaches can't make players look better. Sometimes coaches can make average players look great, ie: Maryville. You think they're athletically superior? No. It's all mental, discipline, and being fundamentally sound.

The fact that he has all the players in position and is opening up the offense has impressed me. The trick plays have been nice too.