Let's talk Cougar ball

rebelrebelman

You didn't get my point. If Seegar had been coach, Roberts had been a healthy running back, Moretz at QB, McGlothlin at receiver things could, and probably would, have been different. Not just this year but in previous years. I have no dog in this fight except an independent observer with ties to both South and Central. My threads have said nothing negative about Roberts, Moretz or McGlothlin. Your reply however is indicative of bias.

BTW, no disrespect to MClothlin. I simply believe he can excel at both RB and receiver. Just this year he would be better deployed at receiver with Roberts at RB.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has students and it doesn't take a rocket scientest to identify them. Roberts is the better QB between Moretz and Roberts. Roberts has had an unfortunate career beginning in his 8th grade year. Politics notwithstanding. Children do not participate in politics. There's an old saying about things that come around. Moretz will see action tomorrow night at WR. He is dedicated in his quest at South. Regardless of his abilities or the lack of at Central. Roberts is an all around good athlete who has been wasted away in a program that is corrupted from the top down. Seegar would have much more control over the overall situation being at Central than being at Holston. It will take major intervention from Blountville to right the ship. Don't see it happening but I hear they are sympathetic to Seegar's argument. In the 70's Central was a powerhouse...but then so was Ketron.

This thread has students and it doesn't take a rocket scientest to identify them. Roberts is the better QB between Moretz and Roberts. Roberts has had an unfortunate career beginning in his 8th grade year. Politics notwithstanding. Children do not participate in politics. There's an old saying about things that come around. Moretz will see action tomorrow night at WR. He is dedicated in his quest at South. Regardless of his abilities or the lack of at Central. Roberts is an all around good athlete who has been wasted away in a program that is corrupted from the top down. Seegar would have much more control over the overall situation being at Central than being at Holston. It will take major intervention from Blountville to right the ship. Don't see it happening but I hear they are sympathetic to Seegar's argument. In the 70's Central was a powerhouse...but then so was Ketron.

My final post on this thread. I agree with "compusatman". Let's leave the kids alone and focus on the bigger issue. Central would be in far better shape if politics were not part of the equation. Seegar went to school at Central, had success on higher levels, and has paid his dues at lower levels. Did Nelson have similar or better credentials? I know for a fact how tough it was to compete against Seeger because I had to do so on the playing field, face mask to face mask. Hence my reference to having ties to both South and Central. Seegar was one of the toughest competitors I ever lined up against. Give him the chance he has earned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you comp. You're very correct. Good luck to Moretz at south and no disrespect, but i DO believe Roberts is the better QB.

This appears to be mostly a parent/supporter board. I don't see how any of the players could be on posting to these topics during the times these posts were made. I think the players from both schools would have been at school or practice during these hours.

ALSO, Students DO have access to computers while at school. They aren't completely shut off from the outside world.

The talent is all there at the school. The team just does not know how to win. i think if they could just get one win under there belt it could change everything. team needs a confidence boost

You are correct 42 but I don't believe it will come this year. This is why they need to focus on getting Winchell some experience. If this doesn't happen, it could be ANOTHER long year next year. I don't think running the coach off is the answer either, look at what has happened since they RAN the last coach off.... NOTHING to speak of.

You are correct 42 but I don't believe it will come this year. This is why they need to focus on getting Winchell some experience. If this doesn't happen, it could be ANOTHER long year next year. I don't think running the coach off is the answer either, look at what has happened since they RAN the last coach off.... NOTHING to speak of.

Your right and wrong here. First central needs to make changes....big changes! Winchell needs that PT, he is pure talent and with more experience the better he will be. Second, its not the players fault for having a losing season, its the coaching staff. Coaching is a joke at central, they need someone to replace nelson.A coach that loves the game and that pushes his players to the max everyday to get the best out of them, so when friday night rolls around the cougar nation can take pride in there team! or should i say the lack of......if central got a true coach, a coach that actually cared about the program and his players...central could have that winning season they hoped for and which leads me to my last statement. Winning....does coach nelson need a dictionary so he can look that word up because i dont think he knows what it means.....i mean look at his coaching history here..how many games have you won? how many championships do you have? how many winning seasons do you have?.....can he answer any of those. i say not! Nelson is the bad seed, lose him, get a coach that can change the program and that is willing to then central will be worthy!!! i hope you all read this, and let it soak in!

Central Won !

I know that will create Jealousy in some on here.

The following are possible root causes of your jealousy:

Jealousy root cause #1:

Lack of self confidence: The main cause behind feeling jealous is your doubting your abilities or skills;

Jealousy root cause #2:

Poor self image : Having a poor self image is another cause of jealousy; if you think believe you look bad or that you are not that handsome, then chances are you'll be experiencing feeling of jealousy whenever you meet someone more good looking than you are

Jealousy root cause #3:

Fear : One of the root causes behind feeling jealous is being afraid; this fear can be a fear of ending up alone or a fear of being shamed

Jealousy root cause #4:

Insecurity: Feelings of insecurity are the result of the two previously mentioned causes; a poor self image and a lack of self confidence Feeling insecure about a relationship can be a strong reason for you to get jealous.