Cookeville @ MUS

Mr. Heisman

Cookeville has nothing to be ashamed of, by getting dominated by MUS.

-----------------------------------------------------------

While I am a bit shocked by the margin of victory, given Cookeville's undefeated record, I am not surprised at all by MUS' win. MUS has a very darn good football team (at least 3 times better than last year). The fact is...they are going to beat a whole lot of teams!

I've been telling everybody who would listen, that MUS is a bona fide D-II State Championship contender. They are the best team in the Memphis area (I've seen all the top ones, except Millington). I've been saying this ever since I witnessed the MANNER in which MUS defeated a very good Melrose team (MUS 13-12), way back during week zero.

For the record: While I've been accused...I am NOT affiliated with MUS or any other Private school; I'm just a long-time fan & observer of Memphis area HS football. I'm a PUBLIC shool grad.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck to Cookeville the rest of the season.... I hope that you all made it back home, safely.

Wow! Very shocked at the outcome! Thought that the CAVS could compete. Division I and Division II are two very different monsters.

Let me first say that the campus of MUS was beautiful. The field was incredible. Hard for public schools to have the same advantages. Lots of $ in Memphis. The people working the gates and some of the parents at MUS were very nice, wished us well on rest of the season and for us to have a safe trip home.

I hope MUS wins out. They looked like champions last night.

It was a wake up call for our boys. They will be ready for their next game in 2 weeks.

It is too hard to travel that far for either team. I hope I never have reason to go back to Memphis. No offense at all but being in Memphis is like being in another state. Glad I am from Middle Tennessee.

Go Cavs keep your heads up!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that WTNVol? That throws the cavs schedule way off. A normal friday would be getting up early and going to school. The cavs i'm sure didn't have much to do friday and layed around most the day. Very different and would be a big factor to any team.

To the game: nothing to take away from MUS cause they are a very good football team, but the cavs didn't show up. I didn't make the trip but sounded like an ugly contest. I was afraid of this. But the cavs will rebound and will be looking for another region title in the next 3 games. Goodluck to the owls the rest of the year.