Cookeville @ MUS

Mr. Heisman

Good game last week 85 warrior /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . .

I think this will be just like last weeks game for Cookeville. A very skilled athletic team and if I remember right doesn't MUS have a two quarterback offense like the cavs? Anyways this game will be even tougher for the cavs cause MUS is a team who is not going to turn the ball over and hurt themselves on many penalties. This game came down to OT last year and I assume another great game this year. Hopefully our kids can adjust to the long road trip and be ready to play. Cannot wait. Who all are MUS's key players? Any D-1 players?

You asked for predictions. I gave you mine. Didn't know this thread was about WC's game last week. Go MUS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do the owls have any D-1 players? What type of offense do they run?

Yes, the Owls have several D-1 prospects and the offense they run is a really, really good one! More details to follow, say about 7 pm. Friday night! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good game last week 85 warrior /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . .

I think this will be just like last weeks game for Cookeville. A very skilled athletic team and if I remember right doesn't MUS have a two quarterback offense like the cavs? Anyways this game will be even tougher for the cavs cause MUS is a team who is not going to turn the ball over and hurt themselves on many penalties. This game came down to OT last year and I assume another great game this year. Hopefully our kids can adjust to the long road trip and be ready to play. Cannot wait. Who all are MUS's key players? Any D-1 players?

I've seen MUS twice, this year: Win over Melrose. Win over Olive Branch, MS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) If MUS does NOT play for the D-II State Title, I'll be shocked! They really are just that good.

2) MUS is the best team that I've seen in the Memphis area (I've seen all the top teams, except Millington).

3) MUS plays only one QB...... He's a dual threat, with a strong arm. He makes excellent decisions with the ball. While the QB is the key to MUS' balanced offensive attack, MUS' receivers are equally good.

4) MUS' QB is 3X better this year, than he was last year. For one, he's a much more accurate passer...His improvement is one of the reasons for MUS' dramatic improvement, over last year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cookeville fans...

Friday's game vs MUS should be an excellent measuring stick for your squad. If ya'll can hang close or, better yet, defeat MUS, then Cookeville should make some SERIOUS, serious noise in the playoffs.

1) MUS plays only one QB...... He's a dual threat, with a strong arm.

While the Owls aren't a two-quarterback team in the truest sense of the phrase, they do have another outstanding QB (a senior) who is a very effective passer because he takes advantage of the time the O-line gives him. He's also a heckuva lacrosse player.

While the Owls aren't a two-quarterback team in the truest sense of the phrase, they do have another outstanding QB (a senior) who is a very effective passer because he takes advantage of the time the O-line gives him. He's also a heckuva lacrosse player.

1) What percentage (roughly) of the snaps has he gotten this season?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) In the 2 games that I've seen MUS this year, Brunetti (the starting QB), took ALL the snaps, except for a play or two whereby he sustained some sort of cramp or minor injury. Brunetti performed extremely well, both games.

3) LAST YEAR, I recall MUS using the 2-QB system predominately.

a) One QB was the passer. Not great, but better than Brunetti.... Is HE the Senior, perhaps, that you're talking about?

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> The other QB, Brunetti (this year's starting QB), was a better runner. His passing skills were not good.

4) This year's starting QB, Brunetti, has improved his passing skills 3-fold, easily! I suspect this is why he's the starting QB--he's a DUAL threat.

I think we get the picture that Brunetti is the starter. You don't have to keep telling us that.

As far as the game I am hoping for it to be a good one. It comes down to how Cookeville reacts to the long road trip and if they come out ready to play or not. The key to this one is turnovers, and Cookeville needs to early play to get things going and not to leave anything on the bus.

I think we get the picture that Brunetti is the starter. You don't have to keep telling us that.

As far as the game I am hoping for it to be a good one. It comes down to how Cookeville reacts to the long road trip and if they come out ready to play or not. The key to this one is turnovers, and Cookeville needs to early play to get things going and not to leave anything on the bus.

With Cookeville having to travel to Memphis and play MUS they are getting a small taste of what the D2 teams must do each week.

Friday's game vs MUS should be an excellent measuring stick for your squad. If ya'll can hang close or, better yet, defeat MUS, then Cookeville should make some SERIOUS, serious noise in the playoffs.

I agree.

Combine the travel and this year's MUS talent over last year's, and I see a 2+TD victory here. When MUS is good, they are really good. Barring a boatload of TOs, MUS rolls in this one.

....Oops! Sorry.

You know, I really didn't realize that I had written that, a thousand times!!! My bad.

Trader B...for some reason my computer glitched and didn't pick up our exchange last night, but I recall you asked if last year's QB was the senior I was referring to. Last year's starting QB was then-senior Blair Wright, and Barry Brunetti backed him up. The #2 QB this year behind Brunetti is Johnny Carson, a current senior. Johnny is a very effective passer and while he hasn't had the snaps that Barry has had, he's done very well with his time on the field.

Thanks for the kind words you've given the Owls so far this season. This senior class is a very special group of young men. I've never seen such a cohesive bunch of players. All of us senior moms saw it years ago when they started playing as 7th graders. Many of them spent most of their time on JV up until this year, and I'm amazed at how they have all stepped up and assumed leadership roles. It's been great fun watching them play.