Good scrimmage Thursday

mikemcgee

Tullahoma, Franklin Co. and Hendersonville girls will scrimmage Thursday at Franklin County High School. Should be three good ones. Format is two 20-minute halves for each game. Schedule:

5 p.m. Tullahoma-Hendersonville

6 p.m. Franklin Co.-Hendersonville

7 p.m. Tullahoma-Franklin Co.

Posted by bbreftn:

How did the teams look during the scrimage. Does either team tulahoma or franklin county have anything like they had last year?

Tullahoma and Hendersonville tied 0-0 and Tullahoma-Franklin Co. tied 1-1. Everybody played lots of players so it was hard to tell. Tullahoma has lots of positions to fill after graduation but has looked solid so far in pre-season. Saturday at Pre-Season Challenge Cup in Smyrna they beat Hendersonville 2-0 and tied Riverdale 0-0. Also beat Page and Clarksville Academy. In the last game, three Tullahoma players joined Clarksville Acad. because there were short of players for the game.

I think Franklin County will be tough. They have a new goalie and lost some fine players but they return more than Tullahoma does, and I've never seen a Jason Rasner team that wasn't tough to beat. Should be a good battle between them in the district this year but Coffee County will be a handful for both of them. They return everyone from last year and still have very few seniors, if any. Sophomore forward Kimberly Thorington is tiny but she's an assassin. Fast as lightning and can score. She broke a bone in her leg this summer and is working back into shape. Tullahoma also has great speed up front with junior Laken Barnes. Looks like a great three-way battle for the district title. I don't mean to demean any of the others, but I don't know much about them. I'm starting to think Tullahoma might have enough to hang onto the district title based on pre-season, but it is tighter than it has ever been, and I'm sure Franklin County and Coffee County both feel like this is their year to make a move. Should be fun.

[Edited by mikemcgee on 8-13-02 12:33P]