Trenton Peabody @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

So, what's everyone's predictions on the game? I seem to know how the Trenton faithful feel about everything as I work with a bunch of Trenton people at work. This is a big rivalry game and there's more than just bragging rights on it. The rest of GC's games are winnable games if we play to our capability and not like we did against JCS. After this week against Trenton, we play Dresden (very winnable), Westview (this game can be winnable), USJ (winnable if our DB's play well we could win), and Humboldt (winnable if we contain the QB/RB duo. I'm not saying we'll win all of those games but I will say that if we win atleast 4 of those 5 we could be in the playoffs with a 7-3 record. I hope our players realize what they can do this year and stay pumped up about it! Go out and beat Trenton this week first!!!!!!

I see you still have your rose colored glasses the GCP.

Well, I gotta at least admire your spirit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan the Man, you always have some kind of remark as to what I say. How about you not worry about my rose colored glasses and you stick to your JCS threads. Thank God next year I won't have to see your smart remarks on the 1a-2a-3a boards! Happy trails fella!

Amen. Unfortunately for Reitz losses to Humboldt and Milan kick JCS out of playoffs. That loss to TCA will come back and haunt JCS.

That's IF all the students at GC from Medina wind up going to Medina HS. Medina, right now, is probably about 1/3-1/4 of the students at GCHS. I might be slightly off on that but the majority of the students are from Medina. I'll tell you this, I've been at the HS after school when the buses have been leaving. Medina usually carries 3 bus loads back to Medina after school while each other school (Yorkville, Dyer, Spring Hill, Rutherford) usually take 1 bus load back to their feeder school. I know Medina HS is going to start out as a Freshman/Sophomore school next year and then Freshman/Sophomore/Junior the next and then Freshman/Sophomore/Junior/Senior by the 3rd year of existence for Medina HS also going to be known as South Gibson Co. High School. It COULD possibly send us to 1A. Right now, Gibson Co. I think is around 700+ people. Give Medina their high school and in 3 years I see Gibson Co. being around 400 students. Honestly, 1A sports would not bother me a bit, lol. Especially when it comes to basketball. With our dominant girls basketball program, dropping to 1A would be to our advtantage in that sport. As for football, we'd probably still bein 2A with the Z plan going into effect. We'll see!

Congrats to Trenton. The official that was on our sideline is HORRIBLE! He was horrible in basketball and I now see he is horrible in football! He missed several calls tonight including the pass interference where the Trenton player had our player by the back of the jersey preventing him from catching the pass and I was right there to see it. Anyhow, Gibson Co. couldn't stop Trenton's 3-4 offensive plays and that was the deciding factor. Congrats to Trenton!