SECOND ROUND

patriot04

Ok ppl its time for round number 2. I hope there are more ppl to post in this round than the first one. There are some interesting games in this round. Here you go.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS

2.BA vs 3.Oakland

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro

Make your picks for who you would think will win. Not your favorite. Explain why you think each team will win.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my picks.

MBA over CBHS (I just think MBA is the best team in the state)

BA over Oakland (I think BA has played better competition, but don't know too much about either team)

Franklin over Brentwood (I think Franklin is the best 5A team)

MUS over DB (MUS has beat some stiff competition this year)

Maryville over Ensworth (don't know much about Ensworth but Maryville is Maryville)

Henry co over Ooltewah (after Ooltewah lost and henry co is still on fire on offense and defense)

Farragut over Whitehaven (don't know much about either team but there is a buzz goin around about Farragut)

Hillsboro over Alcoa (I might get some heat for this one I just think hillsboro has a better team)

MBA over CBHS (MBA just does enough to win football games....they very well might be the best team in TN regardless of classification)

BA over Oakland (I'm not sold on Oakland yet although they do have a great RB and beat Riverdale. I just think BA is better overall and would win this one)

Franklin over Brentwood (Franklin is my pick to win the 5A championship this year, but this one could be close with the way Brentwood has been playing)

MUS over Dobyns-Bennett (MUS is the third best team in Division 2 this year and would likely just physically dominate Dobyns-Bennett, but it wouldn't necessarily be an easy win)

Maryville over Ensworth (Ensworth is much bigger and would physically have the advantage at most positions, but it is VERY VERY difficult to outcoach George Quarles and his staff....likely would be close though)

Henry Co. over Ooltewah (Henry Co. is the talk of 4A this year even moreso than Maryville so I gotta believe until proven otherwise that they are as good as advertised)

Farragut over Whitehaven (probably would be close, but from everything I hear about Farragut they COULD beat Maryville this year, if that's truly the case I will give them the edge here)

Hillsboro over Alcoa (probably the hardest game to pick, but I know HHS has more talent at the skill positions and would give Alcoa's defense fits with their offensive firepower. This game would come down to the trenches and I think HHS would be able to at least hold its own in that department. Either way, this one would likely be a tight one for sure)

MBA 28 CBHS 10

BA 34 Oakland 14(McCallie should be here)

Franklin 21 Brentwood 7

MUS 31 Dobyns-Bennett 17

Maryville 35 Ensworth 10

Ooltewah 22 Henry Co. 19 OT

Farragut 45 Whitehaven 14(Could be Millington here. Whitehaven/Millington could've gone either way.)

Hillsboro 17 Alcoa 14

I know this is an opinion poll but I just don't see ooltewah beat henry county. Ooltewah lost to maplewood by 1 and maplewood is supposed to be down from last year. And ooltewah's fans are talkin about needin a new coach and complainin about play callin. And henry county did lose to maplewood by 1 in the semis last year but everyone that seen the game knew henry county was the better team. And henry county is even better this year. I just don't see it happenin.

MBA (proven themselves against top competition)

BA (close but taking BA based on schedule strength & talent)

Franklin (best 5A team IMO)

MUS (beat two excellent teams & can play)

Maryville (not ready to go against them yet)

Henry Co. ( too much firepower & D is no joke)

Farrgaut (2nd best 5A team IMO)

Hillsboro (close but Eric Gordon X-factor)

Ok ppl its time for round number 2. I hope there are more ppl to post in this round than the first one. There are some interesting games in this round. Here you go.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS

2.BA vs 3.Oakland

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro

Make your picks for who you would think will win. Not your favorite. Explain why you think each team will win.

If im going to have a fantasy its not going to be about football. Allthough the chances of these games taking place or turning out like some will say has about as good a chance as some of my past fantasies. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I know this is an opinion poll but I just don't see ooltewah beat henry county. Ooltewah lost to maplewood by 1 and maplewood is supposed to be down from last year. And ooltewah's fans are talkin about needin a new coach and complainin about play callin. And henry county did lose to maplewood by 1 in the semis last year but everyone that seen the game knew henry county was the better team. And henry county is even better this year. I just don't see it happenin.

Why is Henry Co. better this year? Is their linemen better than last year or are you going by the fact that they have their 2 skilled guys coming back.

Why is Henry Co. better this year? Is their linemen better than last year or are you going by the fact that they have their 2 skilled guys coming back.

Way way more focused this year. Last year they were focused but they had some quit playin hard sometimes. That aint a problem this year. They work hard every practice and take it 1 game at a time. And if they don't go 15-0 they will think they underachieved. I love the way coach gaddis has them thinkin right now. And there is somethin about the defense this year. Its like they have a chip on there shoulder. 0 points in the first half this year and only 7 on the first team defense.

You might be right on that one. That was one of two tough games for me to pick, with Hillsboro/Alcoa being the other. I was expecting Ooltewah to wipe the floor with Maplewood, but it didn't happen. I think that game was an aberration. As you can see I think the Ooltewah/Henry Co game could go either way, as my predicted OT score indicates.