Bledsoe County Football

SPLITBACK

purplegrad if only you knew how some of our volunteers coaches are treated. i for one know first hand because i'm one of these people, i have put in hundred of hours working to make our team better and all it takes is one or two parents to run in to the Principle and your off the field because they want some one eles out there. so tell me why i would spend all this money and time in the off season just to be stabed in the back.

Are you talking about football?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So instead of a athlete problem or a support problem are you saying that we have a adminstration problem?That is what I am getting since that would apply in all sports.

I can't speak for any thing but softball but in our travel ball I can be ask where we are from and I tell them Bledsoe and most will say" The two best thing they got is Little Blue football and the Pig and Catch" If little blue football is that great what happens to the kids when they get in high school? I'm sure the little blue is coached by volunteers??? Is it politics or Admin. who knows, I just wish we would all pull together and it would make a chang for the better in all sports.... I pull for each and ever sport in the county and stand behind all the coaches paid or volunteers!!!!

From talking to some friends of mine over there, I have found out that there are several good coaches from Bledsoe that played there coaching other places. Just wondering why that is? I know a couple are at larger schools, but 1 is at a smaller school and 1 at 1 the same size. Also, I have been told there is 1 coaching college ball that could not get hired there out of school so he moved on. Just curious.

The running back you are talking about would have been Randy Sharp, he was a Jr. that year. His brother was a Sr. the year before that and played Tail Back for that team that went 8-2 and won the district. Randy played the next year on the '83 team that won the district and region and lost in the quarterfinals to Loundon. Randy walked on at Carson Newman and I don't believe he played the entire first season, but I know if he did he did not go back to school after Christmas. The linbacker that I think you are talking about was Kyle Thomas. He was a Sr. that year and ran the ball some as well. I am sure that is who you are talking about and he did not play college ball anywhere. His younger brother played linebacker and running back the next year on the '83 team as a Jr. and went on to be the Special Teams captain at UT. I remember that game well. My brother changed a play at the line of scrimmage and ran a touchdown. I thought the coach was going to kill him for not running what he had called, and rightfully so. It probably made him a better player for it. Fun times!

I'm quite sure that was the last time Wartburg has ever played Bledsoe County. The year before in 81 was my eighth grade year and I made the trip down to the game and stood on the sidelines with the Wartburg team. I remember it was BITTER cold that night and that Pikeville seemed SO FAR away. Then, it seemed like Bledsoe was loaded with talent and they dressed out a bunch of players. That year they just overwhelmed apretty good Wartburg team. From what you guys say on here, they just don't have the same kind of team these days. The same holds true in Wartburg-they've DEFINATELY seen better days!

men.....don't you wish we could have a team to talk about other than that great 83 team......don't it just make you sick.... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ...GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

I know where there is a really good team of mules just up the road from me.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and yes it is sad.

I know where there is a really good team of mules just up the road from me.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and yes it is sad.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

men.....don't you wish we could have a team to talk about other than that great 83 team......don't it just make you sick.... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ...GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait the seasons not over yet, one day we will be talking about the great 08 team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />