Bledsoe County Football

SPLITBACK

We will loose at least 8 to 10 kids next year if a change is not made, I know for a fact of 4 that are gone, & me & the wife are still contemplating on what we are going to do, but one thing is for sure, my kid will not play for Hubert. I won't subject him to 4 years of 1-9 or winless because he has enough political pull to keep his job.

NO OTHER HIGH SCHOOL IN THIS AREA WOULD PUT UP WITH HIM WITH ALL THAT HAS WENT ON & HIS RECORD....... SO WHY DOES OUR SUPER & AD?????????

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I see BledsoeB still hasn't answered my question............ Now to yours JH

I do not, & I repeat I DO NOT have a guy in mind to fix our program, I think if we go outside ( & I mean way outside ) Bledsoe County and find a young hard nosed coach, let him come in here & pick HIS STAFF, and get us a weight program ( Like Dickie done ) Get these kids in shape, have them mentally & physically prepaired for the task at Hand & that task being WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally don't care if the coach is a he or a she, black , white, red, or Arab......... What we need is someone that can build this program and get us back to respectability..... I think we need to seek out & find the best possible candiate, one that will play the best kids reguardless of who there daddy is, or what county office he holds, one that don't care to ###### off a parent that needs put in there place...... JH you remember the way coach Swafford was , that is what we need.... If a parent don't like it that little timmy ain't starting thats just too dang bad, we need a coach that will play a kid from Luminary over a elected offical's son if he's a better player...... & Bledsoe ain't had that since Coach Swafford Left, Brown was a good coach, but when I was playing under Brown he didn't always follow that, I know several players that were better players that warmed the bench so a Upity's kid could start.......... This buddy/buddy system has ruined our sports program, just like when we hired our new HS BB Coach, Lebron Hurd forgot more about Basketball than Pork ever knowed & anyone that knows both people will agree 100% with that!!!!!!!!!!

I have to disagree with you on what you said about coach Brown... He played who the best player was regardless of who the kid was...and if you played for coach brown to how old was you when Swafford was coaching..I came in Coach Browns second year so im one of his older players I cant even remember Swafford coaching so how do you know how he coached and who he let play...Im just confused somebody may have told you I guess...Dont get me wrong Swafford was a good coach to Im just taking up for my coach...Maybe you can name me some players that sit and shoulda played and I will see it your way a little better

Swafford coached up to the 1987 Season, I was a freshman in 1989, I remember Swafford very well, and as for Dickie he was a good coach, but he didn't always play the best kid, he was very bad to get mad at a kid for something stupid ( like rolling his yard) or other junk and bench the kid, & My Junior Season the best QB on the team sure didn't start a game because the starting QB was a Sr., & the kid never played again for Brown...... I don't care if a kid is from Cold Springs, Hollywood, The Town Houses, Luminary, Brockdell, Wheeler, Hendon or wherever, I don't care if he is a freshman who is going to bench a 3 year starting Senior, the best kid should play & Brown didn't always do that, ( or at least he didn't when I played for the man)....... Until we get a coach in here so these kids walking the halls want to come out & play for this NEW coach, until this happens we better get used to seeing 1-9 after our names, and just like 2 weeks ago on the news, I watch a kid from Pikeville Scoring big for Rhea County........ If people can't see Hubert is killing our program, they need some dad gum glasses........ How many has he run off, The Sharp's, Melton, and a bunch of kids are just not playing ball for him that would play for another coach.....

We will loose at least 8 to 10 kids next year if a change is not made, I know for a fact of 4 that are gone, & me & the wife are still contemplating on what we are going to do, but one thing is for sure, my kid will not play for Hubert. I won't subject him to 4 years of 1-9 or winless because he has enough political pull to keep his job.

NO OTHER HIGH SCHOOL IN THIS AREA WOULD PUT UP WITH HIM WITH ALL THAT HAS WENT ON & HIS RECORD....... SO WHY DOES OUR SUPER & AD?????????

OK..... Here's some questions for you... or anyone else that wishes to answer.... How much do teachers get paid in respect to surrounding counties? What kind of supplement is there for coaches? Is there a booster club, and if so, how is it structured, how many members and what financial shape is it in? Does the county oversee maintenance/improvements to the facilities or will it depend upon the booster club?

I ask all of these questions because the answers would be very important to potential new coaches. Bledsoe geographically sits in a very bad spot. Although it is a beautiful part of Tennessee, there is very little to offer as incentive for someone to move a family into.... Face it.... Pikeville is not a thriving metropolis.... Also, I assume that the tax base in Bledsoe County is very low, which generally tends to relate to very low teacher salaries....

A "young, hard nosed" coach may not be willing to relocate from outside the area when he/she can choose other areas to go to that pay more and have more to offer than Pikeville.... Not slamming you guys.... but look around.... If you want to go shopping or eat in a quality chain restaurant you have to go to Crossville or Chattanooga.... Personally, I think the only coaches that will ever be interested in coaching at BCHS will be from within the Big Blue family or within close proximity to the Valley....

Also, as Indian said..... in order to fill a high school coaching position there must be (1) an open teaching position and (2) a coach that is qualified to teach that position. It's not like college where you go hire a coach to come coach the team... you are hiring a teacher that can also coach.......

BCW...if we were looking for another coach " and i don't know that we are "who do you think is the man for the job, or do you think we need to go out of town for a coach? Don't beat around the bush, just tell us if you have a man that you think could turn the program around. I have said on here many times that i was a Coach Brown backer and always will be, and thought they made a mistake when they let him go. So lets here it, who's the MAN?

Here ya go! Cos Dematteo

BledsoeB, what do you think is the best situation for the Bledsoe County Football Program? In other words if you were in charge what would you do to fix the 1-9 record?????

Get the kids in shape and have a mandatory weight room attendence and upgrade on the weight room........ Lots of other things but I don't feel like typing that much.....

Bledsoe Co. Warrior. I am not trying to argue but I would have to disagree on Coach Brown. If you were a freshman in 89 that means you were 1 year behind me and we chewed the same dirt and fought the same fights on Friday night!! I know if it wasn't for the coaching change my brother and myself may have very well ended up wearing purple and gold instead of Blue and gold, b/c my parents were fed up with the politics of BC. Coach Brown came in, we stayed and are both very glad and proud to be Warrior alumni. Honestly I feel I would not have gotten a chance to play RB if the other HC had stayed. I am interested though to think who should have been QB at that time? I know our qb made some mistakes, but he was a pretty good athlete. Who was the guy that quit and didn't play again? That would have been my Sr. year and I don't recall who it would have been b/c Roberson was the starter and Tabor was the back up. My memory is foggy as I get older though so I am sure I missed something!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good to see guys I played with still involved in the program and I hope the Warriors are back on track soon!

OK..... Here's some questions for you... or anyone else that wishes to answer.... How much do teachers get paid in respect to surrounding counties? What kind of supplement is there for coaches? Is there a booster club, and if so, how is it structured, how many members and what financial shape is it in? Does the county oversee maintenance/improvements to the facilities or will it depend upon the booster club?

I ask all of these questions because the answers would be very important to potential new coaches. Bledsoe geographically sits in a very bad spot. Although it is a beautiful part of Tennessee, there is very little to offer as incentive for someone to move a family into.... Face it.... Pikeville is not a thriving metropolis.... Also, I assume that the tax base in Bledsoe County is very low, which generally tends to relate to very low teacher salaries....

A "young, hard nosed" coach may not be willing to relocate from outside the area when he/she can choose other areas to go to that pay more and have more to offer than Pikeville.... Not slamming you guys.... but look around.... If you want to go shopping or eat in a quality chain restaurant you have to go to Crossville or Chattanooga.... Personally, I think the only coaches that will ever be interested in coaching at BCHS will be from within the Big Blue family or within close proximity to the Valley....

Also, as Indian said..... in order to fill a high school coaching position there must be (1) an open teaching position and (2) a coach that is qualified to teach that position. It's not like college where you go hire a coach to come coach the team... you are hiring a teacher that can also coach.......

Very well said /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bledsoe Co. Warrior. I am not trying to argue but I would have to disagree on Coach Brown. If you were a freshman in 89 that means you were 1 year behind me and we chewed the same dirt and fought the same fights on Friday night!! I know if it wasn't for the coaching change my brother and myself may have very well ended up wearing purple and gold instead of Blue and gold, b/c my parents were fed up with the politics of BC. Coach Brown came in, we stayed and are both very glad and proud to be Warrior alumni. Honestly I feel I would not have gotten a chance to play RB if the other HC had stayed. I am interested though to think who should have been QB at that time? I know our qb made some mistakes, but he was a pretty good athlete. Who was the guy that quit and didn't play again? That would have been my Sr. year and I don't recall who it would have been b/c Roberson was the starter and Tabor was the back up. My memory is foggy as I get older though so I am sure I missed something!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good to see guys I played with still involved in the program and I hope the Warriors are back on track soon!

I know the kid he is talking about since I was just a year ahead of you and was a 2 years ahead of him. I would give the young man credit that he was a very good athlete, but I don't think he should have been starting either. If you think a little this kid was a year behind you and was very fast. I agree that he could have played somewhere, but I don't think he should have started on that team either. Just my opinion (and its not worth much). As far as Coach Brown, I only got to play for him 1 season, but I believe he played the kids he thought were the best AND the ones that worked the hardest. I saw him not play kids with talent because they did not have the work ethic he knows it takes not to "lay down" in the 4th quarter. Again, I only got to play for him 1 year but I can tell anyone that at least during the time I played for him and all the times I was able to follow his program (missed a little being away at school and worked off from here for a little while), I believe he did what he thought was right and played who he thought deserved to play. I will say myself, that I don't think I would have started at all, if Coach Brown had not come to Pikeville, and maybe I shouldn't have. Again, this is just my opinion and I probably am biased toward the man as he did coach my Sr. year and although we had a rough record, we played hard lost some close games and he never gave up on us.