best players nobody is talking about

oldschool74

Who are some of the players that will have a big impact next year, that nobody is talking about? One I know of is John Ferguson from Portland. He is a 6'7" post player who averaged 17 pts 8 boards and shot around 72% from the field last season as a junior. He will be a four year starter for the panthers and is about as consistent as they come.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramone Williams (junior) from Jackson North Side is a tremendous scorer. He can very easily lead North Side to the state tournament. Jarrett Jones (junior) from Chester County is a very good player. Plays the point and is extremely quick, strong, and an outstanding leaper. Very good shooter as well. Ryan Wiley (senior) and Brian Lake (junior) from Bolivar are also going to have very big years.

Guest GAballa3

i've never heard of any of these guys. nobody's talkin bout them cuz they aren't any good. now there is a solid sophomore up in oak ridge, where i used to live. he is a very good player. i don't know his name, but u should talk about him.

Posted by ORHSbball:

i've never heard of any of these guys. nobody's talkin bout them cuz they aren't any good. now there is a solid sophomore up in oak ridge, where i used to live. he is a very good player. i don't know his name, but u should talk about him.

Youve prolly never heard of them b/c they're from small schools or they're overshadowed by other teammates. That's the whole point of this thread. I don't see how you can say they aren't any good when you haven't heard of them.

Guest CourtTechnician

Everett Bills and Brent Carney of Father Ryan. Both are at 6'4 and can take you down low and can both shoot the can. Both are extremely good athletes. You don't know of them cause of Father Ryan's Division 2 stature, but by the end of the year, they will be making some noise.

Posted by ORHSbball:

Ryan Wiley and Bryan Lake are both in the Top 50 Senior and Junior polls. So obviously somebody has heard of them. Wiley should be ranked higher based on what he has done. I think he is a better player than Crittendon of DC. And he's proven himself against DC. Lake also is a better player than his ranking says, because he saw limited time last season. But everyone will see what he is made of this year.

[Edited by drec01 on 8-10-02 8:30P]

There are some very good guards around AC that no one is mentioning..... Oak Ridge has Gulmire, Scott, Winfree, and Thomas. Clinton has Sharp, Beaman, and Vibbert(if he hasn't moved). Anderson County has Channiott, Humphrey, Rash, and Lowery. All these players should have breakout years for their squads.

Posted by oldschool74:

Who are some of the players that will have a big impact next year, that nobody is talking about? One I know of is John Ferguson from Portland. He is a 6'7" post player who averaged 17 pts 8 boards and shot around 72% from the field last season as a junior. He will be a four year starter for the panthers and is about as consistent as they come.

• 2 months later...
Guest Smartguy

Some players that no one talks about darnell collins this kid............. all i know is the whoever he shoots against they betta cut there lights off because if they dont he is going to shoot them out.chris reed on the side of him knocking out the all windows and ewing goodloe to just finish the job and knock the whole house down, these players have a'ks for shots and there range is like rain "EVERYWHERE"

[Edited by Smartguy on 10-17-02 10:26P]