Bearden vs Notre Dame

chattasoccer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to wait until after tonight's ND vs. GPS game to make my prediction.

A few facts:

Last year, ND traveled to Bearden, and after being 1-1 at the half (I believe), Bearden comes out and spanks ND in the second half, wining 5-1.

One of Bearden's two losses was at Baylor, and many of the ND players/coaches were on hand to watch that game

Bearden's Amy P. guest played several times last season on Chattanooga Express '91, and many people on ND are familiar with her skills

Bearden beat the Ohio team Holy Name in the Rivals tournament 3-2, while ND lost to them 1-5.

Other common opponents:

Gtown Houston - Bearden won 6-3, ND won 2-1

Baylor - Bearden lost 0-3, ND lost 1-3

Ravenwood - Bearden won 2-1, ND won 2-0

DonC, I agree with you. GPS while banged up at the moment still plays hard and will push the physical part of the game to the limit. GPS 1 ND 4.

I would also give Kudos to ND for their schedule this year. You guys finish with GPS, Bearden, and CCS as 3 of your final games.

I know that Baylor really took it to Bearden 3-0 in an earlier Chattanooga meeting. But I think Bearden will have their way and win against Notre Dame in Chattanooga later this week. Prediction is Bearden 4 Notre Dame 2.

In a side note....Knox Webb travels to Baylor Thursday....It may not be a pretty game for Webb...but Go Spartans!

A few facts:

Last year, ND traveled to Bearden, and after being 1-1 at the half (I believe), Bearden comes out and spanks ND in the second half, wining 5-1.

One of Bearden's two losses was at Baylor, and many of the ND players/coaches were on hand to watch that game

Bearden's Amy P. guest played several times last season on Chattanooga Express '91, and many people on ND are familiar with her skills

Bearden beat the Ohio team Holy Name in the Rivals tournament 3-2, while ND lost to them 1-5.

Other common opponents:

Gtown Houston - Bearden won 6-3, ND won 2-1

Baylor - Bearden lost 0-3, ND lost 1-3

Ravenwood - Bearden won 2-1, ND won 2-0

Would have to give the edge to the little leprechauns.....they are strong at every position whereas Bearden's depth has been in their scoring abilities. Not too sure that Amy P. can come out against the ND back line on her own. I have seen both teams first hand and while ND competes with class, the Bearden girls get a bit too nasty when faced with skill. Should be interesting none the less..... my predicition is ND by 2. The little read head up top, Cambron I think is her name should continue her scoring streak easily against the Bearden team.

Would have to give the edge to the little leprechauns.....they are strong at every position whereas Bearden's depth has been in their scoring abilities. Not too sure that Amy P. can come out against the ND back line on her own. I have seen both teams first hand and while ND competes with class, the Bearden girls get a bit too nasty when faced with skill. Should be interesting none the less..... my predicition is ND by 2. The little read head up top, Cambron I think is her name should continue her scoring streak easily against the Bearden team.

I think you are underestimating bearden's defense, with all-state player tessa batchelor on the back line and the rest of the defense being very strong it will be much more difficult than "cambron EASILY continuing her scoring streak." but i guess we will never know until the game is played. Also i think you are forgetting sam turner up top for bearden, even if you have amy porter figured out bearden always has other weapons.

OK............ this is what you Easterners need, a prediction from a guy who can really say he has no dog ...........

I have seen BGA, Baylor, Bearden, Houston, Notre Dame, Oak Ridge, Collierville, and even played a few and know absolutely nothing about soccer.

Offense to ND

Defense to Bearden, but not by much

ND 2----Bearden 1 *

* If ND defense is on and healthy, if not, 2 - 2